Robb Flynn from Machine Head Posted Photo Wearing Pull Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This surprised me, apparently the lead singer of Machine Head contracted a nasty bug that is giving him bad diarrhea, so he is just wearing a pull on brief instead of canceling his show. What's crazy is that he posted a photo of himself wearing one. https://instagram.com/p/3Y_gOJxaUF/

The show must really go on. Logically it is a better idea than crapping on the stage.

The cheapy ones do have the better product visibility. They are on store shelves and you don't have to go looking for them. Plus they are availablewhen you need them. Just grab them off a store shelf and pay for them. I think that is the only reason they are as big as they are.

But in his case I sure he sent some embarrassed roadie to the store.

He would have been unpleasantly surprised if he had to use those miserable things for the reason he was wearing them...

dlinu said:
The cheapy ones do have the better product visibility. They are on store shelves and you don't have to go looking for them. Plus they are availablewhen you need them. Just grab them off a store shelf and pay for them. I think that is the only reason they are as big as they are.

But in his case I sure he sent some embarrassed roadie to the store.

Exactly. The average person with no experience with adult diapers may not even be aware that better products are out there.

It does make you wonder though, why aren't better diapers available on your average store shelf, even a small selection of them? Is it because they're more expensive? Or because the target market is more likely to buy the ''more like underwear'' product then a thick, bulky tape-on?

The diapers are for babies mentality is very strong I think. So anything remotely looking like a diaper is completely ignored or mocked.

Fellow DLs. This is a call to arms. Will you stand beside me? :p

I caught this in my FaceBook feed at work today and just thought, "This is a thing?" Good for him, though; the show must go on.

mattyd said:
The diapers are for babies mentality is very strong I think. So anything remotely looking like a diaper is completely ignored or mocked.

I'd say mostly this, but not entirely. I imagine that Robb Flynn would have preferred a thicker tape-on diaper if he actually had full knowledge of the product range because diarrhea is not pleasant and the guy obviously cared about function here, not discretion. There's certainly a market out there for people who want a functional product first and foremost and either don't care about discretion or consider not leaking a bigger part of discretion than anything else.

But, the vast majority of people who need them, either as they get older or due to an injury are probably thinking to themselves "not diapers!" because it's so embarrassing for most people. So of course they flock to incontinence products that are just thicker disposable underwear. I also suspect some of that is dictated from on high. The big manufacturers probably have focus groups that decide what products they'll make.

Crappy Pullup

I think he better read a couple of threads here on this forum. Then he can find out that his crappy pull-up will not give him a lot of protection. :laugh:

His crappy pull-up won't protect him from a crappy butt, you mean?

To be fair, he probably needed a diaper now, and unfortunately most of the big box pharmacy chains (save RiteAid) don't carry actual diapers. Also, he probably just walked in there, and grabbed the first thing that jumped out at him. Come on, this guys no connoisseur; you don't expect a Boone's Farm drinker to have a discerning palate for a fine Cabernet Sauvignon do you?

ampelhamza said:
To be fair, he probably needed a diaper now, and unfortunately most of the big box pharmacy chains (save RiteAid) don't carry actual diapers. Also, he probably just walked in there, and grabbed the first thing that jumped out at him. Come on, this guys no connoisseur; you don't expect a Boone's Farm drinker to have a discerning palate for a fine Cabernet Sauvignon do you?

So he calls in his butler.... "can you recommend a good diaper?" o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back