Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapering Method - Standing Up

Default Diapering Method - Standing Up

Hi, everyone! Here's the way I apply a diaper standing up. Many of you already have your own way figured out, and if so, this isn't for you. However, I find this works best for me. I really like it because I can do it anywhere, even in the tight confines of a restroom stall. If it helps you, great!

I stand up and pull the diaper up between my legs. I extend the wings as though I'm going to fasten the tapes, but I DO NOT pull the tapes open. I just set the wings around me in about the right position and hold the diaper in place with my hands.

Then I gently squeeze my thighs together. This holds the diaper up between my legs just right, freeing up my hands to fasten the tapes.

I reach across the front of my body with my right hand and fasten the bottom left tape.

Next I reach across the front of my body with my left hand and fasten the bottom right tape. It's important to do the bottom tapes first.

Next I reach across the front of my body with my left hand again and fasten the top right tape.

Finally, I reach across with my right hand to fasten the top left tape.

I hope this is helpful. With some practice, you can do it fairly quickly, in about 30 seconds, and you should get a good fit.

Everyone seems to go from bottom to top first, but I have had the best of luck going from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    Everyone seems to go from bottom to top first, but I have had the best of luck going from top to bottom.
    Same. Another thing I'll do differently is I'll put my backside against a door or wall. That way I can position the back of the diaper where I want it, and Then I pull the front over me and hold it there tightly with one hand while taping with the other.

I always use the wall to hold my diaper while putting it on, And have started to put the top,tapes on first then the bottoms then duct tape around the diaper (over kill yes but it keeps it inplace )

I have differ way out on my own daipers. It depend what daipers is. Like bambino I start at top then button. As sample my 24/7 I start them at buttom first. Seem work best for me. Took me long time figure this out. I use wall put on daiper most time when I'm out on pubic. Home I lay on floor.

I'll do the bottom to top taping, and use the wall method also. But I will slightly angle the bottom tapes up as it seals around my buttocks better without having to make it overly tight. Plus after the bottom tapes are on I will adust around the legs and leg guards while making a v shape with the crotch area of the padding. Then I will angle the top tapes down as it seems to sag less when I do.

I also do bottom to top. I find it difficult to change myself laying on my back so I almost always do it standing up.

Bottom to top is how I do. But I use the pressure to hold the diaper in place. Then I can use my hands to pull tight the diaper and fasten the tapes. I can never get a good seal laying down. Much better fit and feel standing.

Same, I go top to bottom. I've tried bottom to top before and I just can't ever seem to get it quite right, especially if standing. Sometimes I can manage it if laying down, but it just seems like so much extra work trying to get the bottom tapes aligned without the advantage of having the bottom tapes applied already.

Don't count me in "everyone" - the tops hold the diaper UP, the bottoms hold the pee IN. It seems very clear which one you need to do first when standing?