Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going while walking?

Default going while walking?

Has anyone "perfected" the going while walking or pretty much doing anything else?
    Right now I leak occasionally but if i really have to go i would have to stop what im doing and focus really hard. Can anyone just let go without stopping what they're doing?

At times I have no problem going while sitting or walking, other times I have to stop/stand. Don't know.

It's a somewhat common thread. It's in the body's nature to not release the bladder when in an "unfamiliar" situation. The brain puts the brakes on it unless you really intend to pee. For most, this can be a very difficult thing to overcome in unusual situations. While clothed, laying down, sitting, walking, riding in a moving vehicle, in any position in public, even just trying to use a public restroom, it can be a struggle.

Walking is especially difficult because not only are you IN an unusual circumstance to be wetting, but your body is physically busy doing something else, that it NEVER normally multitasks with peeing. So that just makes it really difficult to concentrate. Going up or down stairs adds to the difficulty, as does running. As anyone will tell you, it just takes time and practice, to make gradual progress.

While I can sometimes just "let it go" when the bell rings, I still frequently need to concentate to some degree or other, especially when walking or riding in a car. But I'm "training" my way out of an extremely "shy bladder" aka "stage fright" - where I was unable to start going in any public restroom. It was only recently that I was able to use a urinal while someone else was using another urinal in the room. (though now that I'm diapered 24/7, using a urinal is less of a concern... )

As for the leaking... most diapers have "standing leak guards", which most people will just refer to as "leak guards". But they're standing for a reason. They're designed to keep the pee IN your diaper while standing, instead of rolling out the legs left and right, long enough for the material to absorb and wick it up into the padding in the front and back. If you're leaking while walking, you're either not wearing a diaper with leak guards, have a diaper thats already too wet, are flooding way too fast for the diaper to keep up, have a diaper with crappy short leak guards, or have a problem with your taping method.

Quote Originally Posted by babybroooke View Post
    Has anyone "perfected" the going while walking or pretty much doing anything else?
    Right now I leak occasionally but if i really have to go i would have to stop what im doing and focus really hard. Can anyone just let go without stopping what they're doing?
    I do this quite a bit any more, It took a while for me to get used to doing it. though before that, I would have to stop and let go like you do now. It isn't something that comes naturally, You have to reteach your body that it's ok to let go while walking. Yesterday, I was in 3 different stores getting things that I needed and I m managed to wet while in 2 of them. It felt good to be walking and going at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    As for the leaking... most diapers have "standing leak guards", which most people will just refer to as "leak guards". But they're standing for a reason. They're designed to keep the pee IN your diaper while standing, instead of rolling out the legs left and right, long enough for the material to absorb and wick it up into the padding in the front and back. If you're leaking while walking, you're either not wearing a diaper with leak guards, have a diaper thats already too wet, are flooding way too fast for the diaper to keep up, have a diaper with crappy short leak guards, or have a problem with your taping method.
    Sorry, shouldve made it a little clearer. when i say leak i dont mean the diaper leaking i mean i cant really control my pee. sometimes it just starts dribbling out and i generally cant stop it..

I think you just need to practice. I can go pretty easily standing or walking but other positions are still difficult (especially night-time - laying in bad).

I can't start while walking, but sometimes I can keep it going if I start walking after I start.

Once I get started, I can walk around and still go. Granted I walk a little slower and more deliberate.

I wouldn't say "perfected". I haven't really tried to perfect it, but I can walk around at a slightly slower pace while still going. I can only start while standing still, though.

<Raises hand>

My crowning achievement was managing to relieve myself during a long distance swim competition. The coordination and concentration required to cut loose without breaking stroke form is not trivial.