fox2000

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
So I just received an order of 18 small dry 24/7's. (I'm a 32 waist and read they run large, thus I ordered the small size) I tried them out last night and they took about 6 good sized wettings, although after wetting the sixth time and letting it absorb I turned over on my side and found that it leaked =/. I do like these diapers, but they sagged quite a bit due to the swelling when wet. Looks like I'll have to order a pair of rubber pants to keep the leaks in. It did feel very nice to just go when I woke up and be able to stay in my nice warm bed. Any one else care to weigh in with their dry 24/7 experiences or any suggestions?:smile1:

I don't have much of a problem with them sagging. I do back (usally) back up there tapes with my own, but that's because I am wearing these for a long time, and am not places that I could deal with a popped tape. I like how they have them sized, they work well for me. I'm probably going to make them the only disposable that I use.

Thanks for your reply. What kind of tape do you use? I may have been excited and rushed the diapering process a bit.

the mediums and larges have about the same capacity / same amount of padding, but iirc the smalls have less padding. Maybe step up to a medium for better area coverage as well as more padding/capacity? Some people don't care for wearing diapers a bit large on them, but if you need more capacity, you need more padding. Plastic pants are NOT very helpful with disposable diapers. They're meant to keep wet cloth diapers from conducting to your bedding. Since disposables are waterproof on the outside, any leaks would just roll around inside the plastic until they found their way out, since they're very unlikely to find their way back INTO the diaper to get absorbed by any remaining padding. Any significant amount of leaking rolling around inside a plastic pant WILL find its way out.

When you took off the diaper, was the padding in the back wet all the way to the end of the padding near the rear elastic? If it was, you went past the diaper's capacity and need to either stuff, reduce wetting/fluid intake, change, or get a larger diaper. There are no other options. If the back end was dry, you leaked before reaching capacity, and might be able to just improve your taping technique. You can't wet a disposable and then immediately roll onto your side, especially if it was already wet. You have to give the padding time to wick the wetness around (which will take longer if it's already wet) and let the wetness reach dry padding and be absorbed/locked in, before you move around. Once it's locked into the sap, no amount of moving around can cause it to leak. Wet on your back, and wait up to maybe 10 minutes before rolling back onto your side. That's what I do, and I very rarely leak.

fox2000 said:
Thanks for your reply. What kind of tape do you use? I may have been excited and rushed the diapering process a bit.

I wear the mediums. Sometimes the tapes pop off too. I used Scotch Tough Transparent Duct Tape works great for diapers. I did not have any leaks with Dry 24/7 diapers. A little sagging is fine for me. It makes up for a thick diaper butt. :)

I gave up on Dry 24/7 after tapes popping on the first half of the bag (the second half was okay) and bought large Bellissimos (even though I am a medium, 32/35).

Last edited:
Question to those who have had tapes pop off :
1. Did the tapes actually fall off the diaper ?
2. Were your hands wet or oily with oils or lotions or ointments ?
3. Do you live in a humid climate or have a humid home?

For question one -Notify the vendor and you should get some sort of credit or replacements for the defective diapers.
For question two your hands must be dry in order to tape the diapers on or they wont stick .
For question three a humid climate will make you sweat and therefore make your hands wet resulting in ineffective taping results also the diaper plastic needs to be dry and powder free on the plastic for proper taping.
A dehumidifier is in order for the above item 3.
Just my half a cents worth of input take it with cavet emptour
Dry 24-7 is my go to backup if Abri Form X-plus L-4 is not available. I have had them pop off on rare occassion and have received replacements very quickly from my vendor.
Cannot wait to give the DC Amor Pink ones a try myself

I found the problem to be with the dry 24/7 is the plastic is super thin and tears real easy. The padding didnt seem to hold up real well either. I still like m secure X plus and bellisimo. UPS delivered the spoiled by rearz today to so I cant wait to try them out. They are probably a little more novelty though with the advertised absorption ability.

xpluswearer said:
Question to those who have had tapes pop off :
1. Did the tapes actually fall off the diaper ?
2. Were your hands wet or oily with oils or lotions or ointments ?
3. Do you live in a humid climate or have a humid home?

For question one -Notify the vendor and you should get some sort of credit or replacements for the defective diapers.
For question two your hands must be dry in order to tape the diapers on or they wont stick .
For question three a humid climate will make you sweat and therefore make your hands wet resulting in ineffective taping results also the diaper plastic needs to be dry and powder free on the plastic for proper taping.
A dehumidifier is in order for the above item 3.
Just my half a cents worth of input take it with cavet emptour
Dry 24-7 is my go to backup if Abri Form X-plus L-4 is not available. I have had them pop off on rare occassion and have received replacements very quickly from my vendor.
Cannot wait to give the DC Amor Pink ones a try myself

No, No (nor powders), No. I wrote Dave of Dry Care more than once and he stated that he would look into it the first time and then nothing since. The tapes would pop off of the plastic backing, sometimes distorting the plastic, sometimes not. I always use the edge of my finger nail to press the tabs thoroughly. My procedure has not changed, the quality has been inconsistent.

I've never had problems with the medium sized ones. I haven't had more than 1 or 2, and I'm on my 3rd case. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything differently. I've used powder and I live in one of the most humid places in the US (Louisiana). I do wear a plain onesie with them usually, sometimes I don't but I haven't had a reoccurring problem with the tapes. Perhaps you guys are taping it too tightly.

I use Dry 24/7's exclusively at night. The reason for this is because I live a in a hot and humid climate and I will sweat like crazy in it otherwise unless I am wearing nothing else which presents it's own problems.(Except in the privacy of my own residence when no one is around) The tapes will not hold up under the amount of sweat I put out usually during the summer. But the Dry 24/7's are perfect for me at night because since I wear for medical reasons I might as well go to bed hydrated anyways and just make sure that I have a diaper on that will handle the volume I will put out on a average night making them perfect for me as a result.

the elastic and fast wicking in the 24/7 really eliminates the need for really tight taping. Tape looser, or you'll have any of a number of tape failures. I've seen the roots pull off the back more than the front pop, personally.

bambinod said:
the elastic and fast wicking in the 24/7 really eliminates the need for really tight taping. Tape looser, or you'll have any of a number of tape failures. I've seen the roots pull off the back more than the front pop, personally.

I know I do that already. You see half the problem is my size. I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 250 pounds. When I move there's a lot more force being directed through the tapes then what is usual depending on the activity. I need them to be stronger then what you can find on a Dry 24/7 if my activity level is going to be high. This is why they are perfect for me when I sleep because there's not a whole lot of movement going on anyways. I prefer Northshore Supreme's because those diapers are so solid (as well as cheaper actually) I can get tackled and that diaper will do it's job without the use of extra tape. I also need the tapes to be a little on the tighter side of things so the diaper does not slow me down actually. I'm still actually competitive when I play Live action Role Playing Games after all.

Even answerin no to the previous questions and not taping tight I've had more than a few pop off. It's been few and far between though. Otherwise it is a great diaper.

bambinod said:
When you took off the diaper, was the padding in the back wet all the way to the end of the padding near the rear elastic? If it was, you went past the diaper's capacity and need to either stuff, reduce wetting/fluid intake, change, or get a larger diaper. There are no other options. If the back end was dry, you leaked before reaching capacity, and might be able to just improve your taping technique. You can't wet a disposable and then immediately roll onto your side, especially if it was already wet. You have to give the padding time to wick the wetness around (which will take longer if it's already wet) and let the wetness reach dry padding and be absorbed/locked in, before you move around. Once it's locked into the sap, no amount of moving around can cause it to leak. Wet on your back, and wait up to maybe 10 minutes before rolling back onto your side. That's what I do, and I very rarely leak.
I maxed it's capacity for sure, I'll need to order mediums at some point. I also ordered some small rubber pants (since they stretch), for function and feeling. Thanks for all the info!

fox2000 said:
I maxed it's capacity for sure, I'll need to order mediums at some point. I also ordered some small rubber pants (since they stretch), for function and feeling. Thanks for all the info!

oh and I really don't recommend wetting in that position unless you're in the mood for a golden shower!

- - - Updated - - -

PaddedPuppy said:
Rather than starting a new thread, as its on the same topic, has anyone else come across badly made Dry 24/7s recently?

Not too recently, but I've seen sevearl defects a year or more in the past. I've seen missing tapes, tapes in the wrong spots, multiple tapes over the top of one another, and two diapers on top of each other (more like 1.5 diapers... it was quite a the mutant, probably the end of a roll of backing getting spliced to the next roll, and didnt' get pulled off the line)

bambinod said:
oh and I really don't recommend wetting in that position unless you're in the mood for a golden shower!

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha, I haven't tried that yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back