• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Let's start over, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embrace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi! I'm Embrace, and I'm currently posting under a new name. I used to be called "wasntme", and I initially signed up for a profile on ADISC to voice my (insignificant, naive, and silly) opinions to others. I created my account mainly to interface with a community of AB/DLs and somewhat find validation for my somewhat unconventional intensely strange interests.

Back then, I was wildly insecure and immature, an inexperienced kid. I used to be strongly antisocial, disruptive as a whole to communities. I resented the glassy-eyed, stupid, unsophisticated masses who somehow formed casual relationships better than me... I never humbled myself, or stopped and listened with an open mind and open heart. I sucked at relationships.

Oh, how I have changed.

I'm currently a student taking a much-needed break from college (although summer courses loom rather near). I'm supposed to be a junior (year 3), but I anticipate I'll be a semester late. I've been having many personal issues that have been holding me back quite a lot. But please, don't worry too much about me. I'm holding on quite well, I think.

So, like any intro, I think you may want to know a bit more about my interests:

I'm quite interested in science-related fields, but I hope to broaden my knowledge of others. I'm studying engineering at some university in Texas. In all honesty I consider myself a boring person, but like I mentioned before, I hope to learn as much as possible about anything under the sun.

I'm not at all athletic, but I do sometimes casually play Foosball and table tennis, among other things. I used to be a serious gamer, but now I'm more tame in my video game consumption (i.e. doing stupid stuff on Minecraft, messing around on BC2, Pokemon, etc.)

I like to cook learning how to cook, but never have any idea of what to cook. Whenever I'm home (not at the university) with my parents, I try to help around the house. My chores usually include lawnmowing, cooking, cleaning, among a long list of other things.

I hope to make many more friends on ADISC while I continue to respectfully listen to conversations and craft witty or thoughtful responses.

By the way, I'm interested in diapers and being a "little" ^^

Last edited:
Hi Embrace.

Saying ' welcome ' seemed, at first, out of place, since you have been here for awhile, and are not really a new member.

Perhaps, however, you are a new member, or maybe just a new, and improved, up-graded version of the member you were.

Whatever the case, I am going to say it anyway. Welcome to ADISC, Embrace. You seem very mature to me, and have a very good out-look about wanting to learn all you can, about as many diverse subjects as you can. I am quite sure that you will be warmly received and embraced here by both the new and the old members.

Take care. I'll see you around the boards.

Hello to you!
At least the new, kinder, gentler, more understanding you :D

fifigal said:
Perhaps, however, you are a new member, or maybe just a new, and improved, up-graded version of the member you were.

Believe me, I'm vastly different now compared to 2010, and I'll be different tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day, and the next day... It's a continuing process of renewal and rebirth, and I have confidence I'll be stronger after each adversity.

Thanks, anyway, for your warm welcome! I've known the community to be quite caring and considerate. I just wish I had lived up to such standards long ago!

MandyBear said:
Hello to you!
At least the new, kinder, gentler, more understanding you :D

Thanks! It actually surprises me how strangely different I am now. Not in a bad way, but... wow!

Hey there Embrace...on the whole, a pretty cool re-entry, well done. With so much positive energy, you should add a real spark to the forum. (pardon the pun)

Oh, neat neat~!

I wasn't around ADISC during that time and I'm not too knowledgeable of the forum ongoings, but hello all the same! I goof off in the chatroom more than anything else. x3
Eeeeeeither way~! Welcome to ADISC!

we all learn from are past, and the past make us who we are today. a lot of us would like to run and hide for what we did back then. :wallbash: but with out are past experiences we would never grow are change for the better. :educate:

ozbub said:
With so much positive energy, you should add a real spark to the forum. (pardon the pun)

You've been pardoned. I really enjoy when people incorporate puns in their posts! It's very entertaining!

Cereal said:
I goof off in the chatroom more than anything else. x3
Eeeeeeither way~! Welcome to ADISC!

Thanks! I'll probably see you in chat!

DannyBBaby said:
we all learn from are past, and the past make us who we are today. a lot of us would like to run and hide for what we did back then. :wallbash: but with out are past experiences we would never grow are change for the better. :educate:

It's good to be reminded that my past is immensely important in shaping what I do in the future. Yes, sometimes our past actions are embarrassing, idiotic; our experiences sometimes very painful. Yet, it's also beneficial to learn from them. Thank you, DannyBBaby.

Hi and welcome back. I wouldn't worry about your past as it wasn'tyou anyway.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome back. I wouldn't worry about your past as it wasn'tyou anyway.
Thanks, dogboy. Also, very clever use of my past username :)

Anyway, you reminded me of the Snickers advertisements... "You're not you when you're hungry"
Of course, I fail to see how a candy bar fixes hunger too well.

Last edited:
Embrace said:
Anyway, you reminded me of the Snickers advertisements... "You're not you when you're hungry"
Of course, I fail to see how a candy bar fixes hunger too well.

It has peanuts in it. What more could you possibly want?

Welcome back and good luck to you. Hope you find the support and interesting conversation that you're looking for here.

ArchieRoni said:
It has peanuts in it. What more could you possibly want?
I guess you're right about the peanuts... But [American/western?] chocolate and caramel are very sweet, and I can't handle lots of sweet stuffs...

And no, I'm not signing your silly contract :p

Philosophy said:
I feel odd welcoming someone as I have been here all of like 3 hours.
It's quite nice to see a new person welcoming others. If I was an actual newbie, I'd feel extraordinarily welcome because another new person's welcoming me!
Of course, I created my account in mid-2010, and I've abandoned neglected it for some time. I only posted a new intro because I felt like an updated one was warranted.

Finally, I feel like I'm stealing the spotlight for actual new people. Every time someone replies, my thread gets bumped. So try not to bump my thread anymore, please! I want another person to have their moment!

Embrace very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back