Not open for further replies.

puppyfat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
So I've never worn before. I would absolutely love to wear. It's summer break right now and my roommates are going to be extremely scarce for most of it. So now would be the perfect time to try wearing, wouldn't it? But I'm afraid that I will like it too much and want to continue wearing even after they get back. Or that I'll just become obsessed with wearing in general and start wearing in public, maybe get "caught" or whatever.

At the same time, I'm already thinking about where I'd stash my diapers and at what point in the night I'd wear and change and throw them out.

Is it worth trying while my roommates are gone? I don't know how to go about this.

Btw, this is something I'm not open to telling anyone IRL yet. It's still a very, um, vulnerable subject for me.

This is a very hard thing to handle at times especialy if u lack selfcontrole id sujest wating for a better time in life or not at all your life will be easer at least i know mine would of been

I would try it while you have the chance. You may come to find that you regret not having tried it earlier. Depending on how your experience goes, you may want to indulge frequently or you may ease into it. Depends on how you handle new and exciting things. Think to other examples in your life where you've waded into new waters with something...are you like me and you want to indulge in it so frequently that you get sick of it? Or are you more the type that likes to enjoy things slowly and methodically?

Once you break the seal by wearing you will likely wish to repeat the urge moving forward. However, I wouldn't worry too much about becoming obsessed with it from the get-go. It sounds from your post that you realize that it could become a problem if you obsess with wearing. Your consciousness of that possibility will do you well in moderating your desires to wear should you decide to move forward.

But remember that us ABDLs deal with this very same problem every day. So even if you did start wearing and later found that you develop the desire to wear more often and even in public you won't be treading into a situation that hasn't already been tried on by many of us. My point is that we can help you with these types of questions and issues as you develop your ABDL self.

I could not wear for years...and I mean YEARS when I had the desire to. This was because of my transportation situation, living in a small town, and living with family. When I finally got my hands on diapers I got a little obsessed for a while. I attribute that with fulfilling my then decade-old desire to wear. If you're new to the ABDL scene and deciding to wear, it may benefit you to ease into it by moving forward with trying diapers this summer rather than thinking about them for months or years to come only to get your hands on diapers which may lead to a more intensive binge period. Hopefully I didn't trip over my words and that makes sense :sweatdrop:

At any rate, hope this helps! Good luck in whatever you decide and know that we are here to help you!

Reactions: Trevor
The best tip I can tell you is Write down rules for yourself and look at them.

I did that and made a 0-9 point "score" sheet. I had nine yes or no questions, like have I worn in the last 24 hours. I had three levels (0-3) green, (4-6) yellow and (7-9)red based on yes answers. Green was ok, red was I really need to ask myself if I am wearing to much/out of control.

Just what I did and it worked for me.

Do you often find that you have a problem moderating your desires? Can you typically maintain enough control over yourself to manage your necessary daily affairs and execute your plans? If you can generally manage these things, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Diapers are pretty nifty but they're not crack. Personally, I found they loomed much larger in my mind when I denied myself (both denying myself the diapers and acceptance as an ABDL). When they were close at hand, it seemed a lot less necessary to use them at any given time. Everyone is different but most of us manage this stuff reasonably well.

For starters I would say the you definitely should wear while your roommates aren't around for the simple fact of who knows when you'll get the chance again and if you don't at least try it now you'll regret it later or at the least wonder what could've been. Secondly I wouldn't worry about getting addicted to wearing diapers. For one thing they can't chemically cause addiction and adding to that they aren't directly detrimental to your health. And honestly even if you wear like once a week while your roommates are there that's still not that big of deal. It's really easy to hide the average person will never be able to tell the difference between a person wearing diapers and one wearing underwear and as long as you do it in your own space where it doesn't affect them it's honestly none of their business if you wear diapers or not and as far as taking them out just keep track of what times they are all gone and do it then. I wear around my roommates and in public all of the time mostly for conveniences sake (I got tired of taking a good diaper off just to go grab a bite to eat.) And if you're worried about going overboard with it try starting small with only one diaper a day or at a certain time until you feel comfortable with it. Good luck and hope I helped.

D1aperedIncognito said:
This is a very hard thing to handle at times especialy if u lack selfcontrole id sujest wating for a better time in life or not at all your life will be easer at least i know mine would of been

I'm sorry to hear that you had you had a bad experience-- at least, that's what I'm getting from what you said. I can't say I know 100% what my degree of self-control is, but I have become addicted to things before.

shibapawz said:
I would try it while you have the chance. You may come to find that you regret not having tried it earlier. Depending on how your experience goes, you may want to indulge frequently or you may ease into it. Depends on how you handle new and exciting things. Think to other examples in your life where you've waded into new waters with something...are you like me and you want to indulge in it so frequently that you get sick of it? Or are you more the type that likes to enjoy things slowly and methodically?

Once you break the seal by wearing you will likely wish to repeat the urge moving forward. However, I wouldn't worry too much about becoming obsessed with it from the get-go. It sounds from your post that you realize that it could become a problem if you obsess with wearing. Your consciousness of that possibility will do you well in moderating your desires to wear should you decide to move forward.

But remember that us ABDLs deal with this very same problem every day. So even if you did start wearing and later found that you develop the desire to wear more often and even in public you won't be treading into a situation that hasn't already been tried on by many of us. My point is that we can help you with these types of questions and issues as you develop your ABDL self.

I could not wear for years...and I mean YEARS when I had the desire to. This was because of my transportation situation, living in a small town, and living with family. When I finally got my hands on diapers I got a little obsessed for a while. I attribute that with fulfilling my then decade-old desire to wear. If you're new to the ABDL scene and deciding to wear, it may benefit you to ease into it by moving forward with trying diapers this summer rather than thinking about them for months or years to come only to get your hands on diapers which may lead to a more intensive binge period. Hopefully I didn't trip over my words and that makes sense :sweatdrop:

At any rate, hope this helps! Good luck in whatever you decide and know that we are here to help you!

You're right; I've definitely had the "I wish I'd done this sooner" regret a lot of times! I can definitely be an over-indulger, though lately, I think that's changing. Part of the reason I'm so keen on trying diapers now is that I feel like it's in the air to try something I've been holding off on. A time of change etc.

egor said:
The best tip I can tell you is Write down rules for yourself and look at them.

I did that and made a 0-9 point "score" sheet. I had nine yes or no questions, like have I worn in the last 24 hours. I had three levels (0-3) green, (4-6) yellow and (7-9)red based on yes answers. Green was ok, red was I really need to ask myself if I am wearing to much/out of control.

Just what I did and it worked for me.

That's actually a really good idea!

Trevor said:
Do you often find that you have a problem moderating your desires? Can you typically maintain enough control over yourself to manage your necessary daily affairs and execute your plans? If you can generally manage these things, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Diapers are pretty nifty but they're not crack. Personally, I found they loomed much larger in my mind when I denied myself (both denying myself the diapers and acceptance as an ABDL). When they were close at hand, it seemed a lot less necessary to use them at any given time. Everyone is different but most of us manage this stuff reasonably well.

I'd say even in my worst times I'm pretty good at fulfilling my obligations. So that's reassuring to me, I think.

So far things seem to be pointing to "yes, give it a try" but I'll give it a little more thought.

blablafreckenlover said:
For starters I would say the you definitely should wear while your roommates aren't around for the simple fact of who knows when you'll get the chance again and if you don't at least try it now you'll regret it later or at the least wonder what could've been. Secondly I wouldn't worry about getting addicted to wearing diapers. For one thing they can't chemically cause addiction and adding to that they aren't directly detrimental to your health. And honestly even if you wear like once a week while your roommates are there that's still not that big of deal. It's really easy to hide the average person will never be able to tell the difference between a person wearing diapers and one wearing underwear and as long as you do it in your own space where it doesn't affect them it's honestly none of their business if you wear diapers or not and as far as taking them out just keep track of what times they are all gone and do it then. I wear around my roommates and in public all of the time mostly for conveniences sake (I got tired of taking a good diaper off just to go grab a bite to eat.) And if you're worried about going overboard with it try starting small with only one diaper a day or at a certain time until you feel comfortable with it. Good luck and hope I helped.

Well, addictions don't always have to be chemical; they can be psychological as well. That's what I mean. I think I could definitely get the hang of wearing around them-- it'd be disposal I'm worried about. But I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks!

Anon109 said:
I'd go for it if I where you.
You will probably regret it later if you don't and the desire for wearing gets much stronger when you don't/can't (atleast for me)

Yup, that seems to be a running theme, haha.

P.S.-- I see that you sent me a PM and I'm not ignoring you. I just can't reply to PMs or visitor messages yet because I still have a blue username. Won't be able to until I get a green username next week.

puppyfat said:
Yup, that seems to be a running theme, haha.

P.S.-- I see that you sent me a PM and I'm not ignoring you. I just can't reply to PMs or visitor messages yet because I still have a blue username. Won't be able to until I get a green username next week.

what's with that? Aren't those things supposed to start out yellow and turn blue later?

bambinod said:
what's with that? Aren't those things supposed to start out yellow and turn blue later?

I'm not sure about that, but I am fairly new here.

puppyfat said:
I just can't reply to PMs or visitor messages yet because I still have a blue username. Won't be able to until I get a green username next week.
I'm not sure about that, but I am fairly new here.

Just a subtle little joking... you know, diaper wetness indicators, start yellow, turn blue when wet....

welcome aboard!

Just go for it. The odds of you going completely insane with diaper love are slim to none haha.

What's more likely to happen is you discover something new about yourself that you choose to indulge in when the mood arises.

Give it a try :)

Since you feel that this is the perfect chance to start wearing, you should start out wearing at times that you know you will have privacy. I think that once you start wearing, even it if is only for an hour or two, it will help control you desire to wear.

bambinod said:
Just a subtle little joking... you know, diaper wetness indicators, start yellow, turn blue when wet....

welcome aboard!

Haha at first I didn't catch this. I was like...yellow to blue? What?
Don't mind me guys, just catching up to the world. :laugh:

bambinod said:

welcome aboard!

Omfg, that totally went over my head. Ha!

Penny said:
Just go for it. The odds of you going completely insane with diaper love are slim to none haha.

What's more likely to happen is you discover something new about yourself that you choose to indulge in when the mood arises.

Give it a try :)

Yes. <3 My mind is definitely going to the "yes" territory now.

Rufusc24 said:
Since you feel that this is the perfect chance to start wearing, you should start out wearing at times that you know you will have privacy. I think that once you start wearing, even it if is only for an hour or two, it will help control you desire to wear.

That's true.

An update, btw: I took y'alls input and ordered some samples of Tenas, Abriforms, and Bambinos yesterday. I want them here, like, now, but it probably won't be til next week.

Be sure to let us know how your first time experience goes, puppyfat! I love to hear peoples' first experiences new to the ABDL scene.

I will probably make a new thread when I can try 'em out. They're still not here yet, aaaand one of my roommates came back earlier than I expected. She's leaving again next week, so I think I'll be able to try them then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back