Hotel/motel incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
cm90210 said:
Several have mentioned that they DO NOT leave used diapers in the motel bathroom -- and there have been times when I've felt embarrassed/guilty for doing it because It somehow seemed rude to leave it for the help.

But why is that?

I'm not female - but I doubt girls feel guilty for leaving menstrual products in the bathroom. If you got a nosebleed and used tissue to stop it, you wouldn't feel guilty about using the room trash. A used condom would be far nicer in the trash than kicked under the bed or something (onetime I found one under a bed In a hotel room :( ).

So why do some of us feel uniquely guilty for leaving diapers where they should go: in the trash?

Is it because some of us use diapers by choice?
Is a soiled diaper just far more icky than those other examples?
Is it something else?

I have done it but I prefer not to. Those trashcans are so tiny that a single diaper takes up most of the space, so there's no hope of it getting lost in the shuffle. It's private for me, so I don't care to advertise to hotel/motel staff that I'm using adult diapers for whatever reason. I'm sure they have dealt with worse. It's me, not them. However, if I'm rushed or there's no place to reasonably deposit them as an alternative, I'll do it and I won't wring my hands over it.

Most hotels have a guest-accessible trash bin or two on the side of the building somewhere. When I've had to dispose, I just ziploc it as usual, back in the pack, and take a short detour to the dumpster on my way to the car after checking out.

Disposables are nice for that quick trash dump, but what do you do if you leak in your plastic underpants at a hotel? I wear training underpants with PULs and I wash both the trainers and plastic pants in the shower in the morning. But now I have to air dry them while I am going to work. Once I did forget and left my PULs hanging on the back of the bathroom door with my towel. The towel was gone and a fresh one folded in the rack that afternoon but my PULs were still there hanging; obviously the housekeeping saw them. First, I was a bit embarassd but then I thought as noted before, they have dealt with worse and probably appreciate someone that wears protective undergarments and places a plastic mattress cover on their bed at night so they do not soak the mattress.

My washed, damp trainers I typically roll tightly in a towel to get as much mositure out as possible and then I place them under my car seat and if it is a warm, sunny day, they dry in the car fairly well. If I am staying a while I use the hotel's laundry or a laundromat nearby but for just 1 or 2 nights the car trick does well. Hopefully one of my co-workers will not insist on driving some time and then reach underneath to adjust the seat and find my training underpants. The Tiger Trainers look fairly normal (except for the thick crotch padding) and I could explain those as my 'retro undies' but my AB trainers are just like a thick diaper and would be much harder to explain.

cm90210 said:
Several have mentioned that they DO NOT leave used diapers in the motel bathroom -- and there have been times when I've felt embarrassed/guilty for doing it because It somehow seemed rude to leave it for the help.

But why is that?

I'm not female - but I doubt girls feel guilty for leaving menstrual products in the bathroom. If you got a nosebleed and used tissue to stop it, you wouldn't feel guilty about using the room trash. A used condom would be far nicer in the trash than kicked under the bed or something (onetime I found one under a bed In a hotel room :( ).

So why do some of us feel uniquely guilty for leaving diapers where they should go: in the trash?

Is it because some of us use diapers by choice?
Is a soiled diaper just far more icky than those other examples?
Is it something else?

I wonder if those people who are against using the bathroom trash for adult diapers would also be against throwing away a baby diaper in them as well?

I traveled with diapers the last time I had to take a 3-day business trip. I only took two, so the first night arriving I didn't wear, then wore the 2nd and third nights. I put the used ones in sealed bags and placed them in the bathroom trash, which was plastic lined and could easily be removed and changed in one big feel swoop, so I don't feel like it was any trouble for the maid staff. I'm honestly not sure what they thought having a normal room cleaning the first day but then a wet diaper in the bathroom on days 2 and 3. They made no mention of it and I didn't keep my diapers out anywhere, so there was no interaction with anything besides changing out the trash can. But I enjoyed my nights more, so win-win I'd say.

I probably wont' take any on my next trip though because I'll be staying in the same place as several other staff members and there's a non-zero chance my room might be used for meetings. Would be way too much of a distraction worrying about it.

I travel often. If it is just one night I use the room trash can, if it's like several nights, I'll use a trash bag...I bring along some cheap trashbags on a roll. Typically if we stay some place, I'll have a wet one to take off as soon as we check in, then one in the morning. Next spring I'll be driving old Route 66 and will be staying a lot of single nights, I think I'll just use their trash can in the room

Only time I go hotel for work reason. I love wearing diapers that I order a half case of diapers. I wear it 24/7. All week no problem. LOVE IT. I worry about nonthing. I tip housekeeper well. Most of them understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back