Thread: Public rant

Misatoismywaifu

Default Public rant

I'm always angry. I have this Pent up Rage deep inside all the time and it feels like a cannon about to explode on the next person who pisses me off. I have thin skin, I take things WAY too personal. I hate fake people, I hate liars, I hate hypocrites but I'm forced to work with them on a daily basis and can't quit right now so every single day is like I waking up into a really bad dream with intermittent breaks in between where I'm asleep. When I wake up and have to go back to work, my life has no meaning, I don't matter, I hate almost everyone around me and feel like one day I'm going to snap and beat the shit out of someone. Anybody else ever have this issue or am I simply losing my mind?

Take comfort (if you can) in the FACT that you are not alone

Quote Originally Posted by ToddySmurf View Post
    Take comfort (if you can) in the FACT that you are not alone
    Agreed!

Anger is something I've had my fare share of too. It is always rooted in something. For me, it was dissatisfaction of my then-current being. It gets better and the hate starts to subside, most people I've talked to agree. Perhaps what may help you is finding something to level you out. Do you find peace or relaxation in any activities? For me long walks/hikes in the nearby park would level me out. I also started partaking in some nice relaxing oils which I feel have leveled my mood substantially.

Hopefully you will be able to find some peace - keep us posted.

Misatoismywaifu

I usually hit the Gym but have been rigorously overtraining so I've decreased how many days I usually go, increased carbs, calories and proteins and sleep. Seems to be working but I need to find other ways to fill the emptiness in my life.

What do you do? Even if you work with terrible people (which we all do in some manner), most jobs actually do some good for people in the world, no matter how minor. You can take pride in that.

Some jobs can be very good situations and some can be nightmares. Since we don't know what you do, it's hard to say quit and find another job. Some jobs, because of what they are, have a lot of idiots. The opposite is true for other kinds of jobs.

I always tried to leave my job at work, but that wasn't always possible. As a church music director, my choir members are like family. If one is sick, I need to be there for them. I worked as a teacher assistant at a junior high school for about 12 years and that job I tried to leave in the parking lot. I enjoyed the kids but I had my own life at the end of the day, just as they did and the teachers I worked for.

The best I can suggest is that you need to keep telling yourself it's a job which you get paid for, and nothing more. I tried not to take the idiots seriously while at work, and they flew out of my mind as soon as I walked out the door. I hope you can learn to do that as well. You'll feel a lot better.

I also hope you have a network of friends outside of work. We all need someone to talk to and to do things with.

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    I usually hit the Gym but have been rigorously overtraining so I've decreased how many days I usually go, increased carbs, calories and proteins and sleep. Seems to be working but I need to find other ways to fill the emptiness in my life.
    I've thought on this. I can be profoundly short-tempered when the mood hits me. You might find something like a martial art or a boxing club quite helpful. As animals, we were designed for fight and flight. I often wonder how healthy "gently gently" Western cultures really are. No wonder people have explosive outbursts. It's ok to be angry but: find your channel and let it out such that you don't end up doing something that you/someone else live/lives to regret! If martial art/boxing aren't your bag, something more like Tai Chi or even meditation are quite helpful for reducing stress; and that can make anger easier to manage.

Misatoismywaifu

I think Boxing would be good for my sanity. They have classes nearby I plan to start going, would be great for my cardio and endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    I'm always angry.
    I have this Pent up Rage deep inside all the time and it feels like a cannon about to explode on the next person who pisses me off.
    Anybody else ever have this issue or am I simply losing my mind?
    Firstly, No, you are not alone.
    I've had my fair share of days when I was near my breaking point and felt like I could literally strangle the next person that so much as said hello to me the wrong way, let alone something stupid or something I didn't want to hear.
    Ya, serious I'll be over here on the dark side, I hear they have cookies. Kind of mood, lol.

I bet boxing would be a good way to release some pent up anger.

I will say though, that nothing says "just stay away, or at least a good 15-20 feet back" like a pissed off girl wielding a 42" Katana thrashing about her backyard, LOL!
    Yes, Being a whole 66 inches tall, that 42 inch sword roughly came up my chest, not to mention it weighed about 3 1/2 pounds, LOL!
    Something I seriously would NOT suggest someone ever try with a sharpened weapon like that unless you knew what you were doing.