Not open for further replies.

babysnow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
soo i never used a cloth diaper and have only used diaposable but (mostly for less pollution and its easyer on my budget) i want to tr cloth but how different are they from disposable do they feel different? does the liner sag? does it still have the same feeling?

It really depends on what you expect from the diaper, babysnow. I use Dependeco All in One diapers with a booster pad at night. They have many designs on the outside of the diaper which is what I like and if you aren't a heavy wetter, you can get good mileage out of 5-7 diapers and 2-3 booster pads.

It kinda feels like a cross between an accident in undies, and a disposable. Depending on the fabric, they can feel similar to sposies, but not exactly the same. PUL makes a different sound than sposie plastic. Im gonna have a nonwaterproof fabric sewn into the outside so there's no crinkle or rustle at all.

Reactions: alvn5140
I have a fleece AIO from Dependeco. It was my first and so far my only cloth diaper. boobybird89 makes a good point that the cloth diapers have nicer designs and prints and you can "customize" what you want by buying the designs you like, rather than having to choose from 3 different designs across 3 different disposable manufacturers. It isn't the same feeling by a long shot compared to disposables. They sag a little, but they don't get as heavy as a disposable in my opinion. They don't swell either. It wicks the moisture away so fast that its hard to tell that you've even wet. But they do feel much softer than a disposable - or at least any of the ones I've tried. I'd agree with SpazpieSweeTot regarding the feel, but I'd add that it feels like a soft towel wrapped between your legs. They are truly a fun experience and I would highly suggest getting at least one or two pairs to have for when you are in the "cloth mood" :)
Just be sure to get a booster or two - they really help!

ok i kinda dont like the idea of it feeling like undies so i hope i can find one that feels more like a diaper do you know of any

I don't go without a booster, though I know the diaper alone is very absorbent. They are very soft, much softer than disposables its like paradise.

I use both cloth and disposable. In a I actually feel more babyish in a nice cloth pre-fold, pinned on and plastic pants covering it. They are very thick and poofy and they feel a lot softer on my skin. I also have the Dependeco AIOs as well which ate great for going anywhere, but they aren't as absorbent. (I'm a heavy wetter) the downside to cloth can be the bulkyness. I don't have too much of an issue with the Dependecos and even wear them out and about sometimes, but the cloth prefolds are to bulky to wear under normal pants. Over both cloth and disposables feel diaperish to since they are both indeed diapers, but they both gave there own distinct feel and utility.

Paddedwolf said:
I use both cloth and disposable. In a I actually feel more babyish in a nice cloth pre-fold, pinned on and plastic pants covering it. They are very thick and poofy and they feel a lot softer on my skin. I also have the Dependeco AIOs as well which ate great for going anywhere, but they aren't as absorbent. (I'm a heavy wetter) the downside to cloth can be the bulkyness. I don't have too much of an issue with the Dependecos and even wear them out and about sometimes, but the cloth prefolds are to bulky to wear under normal pants. Over both cloth and disposables feel diaperish to since they are both indeed diapers, but they both gave there own distinct feel and utility.

so what would you say is worth getting for a cloth diaper for everyday use (for when i run out of diaposables or just feel like it)

babysnow said:
soo i never used a cloth diaper and have only used diaposable but (mostly for less pollution and its easyer on my budget) i want to tr cloth but how different are they from disposable do they feel different? does the liner sag? does it still have the same feeling?
Well easier on the budget that fine. But cloth diapers seem to be about the same pollution as Disposables. Waste water (Areas like California), Manufacturing, detergent use to wash them.

I have worn cloth diapers all of my life. I personally have several issues with disposables. I sleep on my side at night, they have a tendency to leak. My wife is not impressed and neither am I! :eek: Disposables are filling our landfills at a horrible rate, disposables are expensive. Consider that I wear 24/7, a cloth diaper will last me for years. Yes the initial cost per is more but over a short time mush less expensive.

I think cuz I was raised in cloth and plastic pants, I am so used to them. I do not find they sag much or feel cold when wet if pinned correctly. I can not say how they feel in comparison to under wear as I have never worn those.

I wear mostly Purity brand, 4 layer flat diapers with plastic pants. I order the 44"x44" so I can fold them how I want. One diaper in the day is fine, if not going to be able to change easily I wear 2. At night I will fold one into thirds and lay it in the middle of the other two.

I wear gauze cloth diapers at night (4 layers) with plastic pants and usually Tena pull-ups during the day. Each has its advantages. Disposables are more convenient for day-to-day activities and cloth are more absorbent and less expensive for routine overnight use. If I think I might get into a situation where there is a possibility of a daytime leak, I just snap on a pair of plastic pants over my disposable.

babysnow said:
so what would you say is worth getting for a cloth diaper for everyday use (for when i run out of diaposables or just feel like it)

For everyday I would get the Dependeco diapers

NotTheAverageMan said:
DO NOT GET THE DIAPERS.
I have bought some, and when wet and you lay down, you're diaper will leak. Also the way they are build, means the padding inside the diaper clumps up. I have tried fixing the one I had, but for no good. I ended up throwing them out.

ok thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Paddedwolf said:
For everyday I would get the Dependeco diapers

well i dont want to get diapers i have to fold myself i kinda just wanted be able to just button it on or something

babysnow said:
ok thank you

- - - Updated - - -

well i dont want to get diapers i have to fold myself i kinda just wanted be able to just button it on or something

These go on like disposables. They fasten with velcro tabs.

Paddedwolf said:
These go on like disposables. They fasten with velcro tabs.

ok i will try to get those when i can how thick are they i am a fan of thick diapers

I'd like to get cloth nappies but still live with parents, hard enough disposing of my disposables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back