Diaper effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufusc24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have stress incontinence but stay fairly dry most of the time and do not usually wear pads or guards. But I do enjoy wearing diapers.
However, as soon as I put on a diaper I start leaking. The leaking starts as soon as I sit down on the diaper and start taping it. It is as if the act of wearing a diaper is making me more incontinent.
Has anyone else experience this?

Are you just perhaps letting it go too long thinking that since you have a diaper on you should be fine?

It's possiable, I still try to make it to the bathroom when a I have to pee and several times I get to the bathroom and can't pee. I wait for 10 minutes still nothing then I re diaper up start walking around the apt then in about a minute or so I flood my diaper. I don't get it sitting on the toilet nothing one minute diapered my blader releases.

So yes I can see that our body's become accustomed to being diapered and recognizes it's ok to release with out warning once diapered.

I've had the same experience that Rob110 describes on many occasions. Since I have urge incontinence the main symptom of which is that my bladder often empties itself uncontrollably with very little warning, I have to wear a diaper 24/7. Nevertheless, I still use the toilet whenever it is convenient to do so; and the experience of feeling that I have to go, trying unsuccessfully to go while standing at the toilet, and then having my bladder decide to empty itself into my diaper almost as soon as I pull up the diaper and walk away from the toilet is a bit disconcerting.

Rob110 said:
...when a I have to pee and several times I get to the bathroom and can't pee. I wait for 10 minutes still nothing then I re diaper up start walking around the apt then in about a minute or so I flood my diaper.

That's unfortunate. I would suggest wearing the pull-up type of diapers at home to avoid dealing with tabs every time and making a clean diaper useless... but while it could be an acceptable option at home I guess you'd have to wear some really good diapers outdoors, perhaps even with a plastic cover.

I've seen myself being in the same situation multiple times - when I start a diapered period of time I start producing so much pee that I have to change way more frequently than several years ago. (My DL experience is like 5-6 years now). I don't know yet how to deal with it, but I will some day come up with something.

- - - Updated - - -

Inconinmiss said:
and the experience of feeling that I have to go, trying unsuccessfully to go while standing at the toilet, and then having my bladder decide to empty itself into my diaper almost as soon as I pull up the diaper and walk away from the toilet is a bit disconcerting.
But kinda fun)

I've had the same thing but not because I'm used to wearing nappies. I'm IC but I do try to use the toilet to pee whenever possible so I do have a little bit of control. But, a good few times when I've changed at home or a disabled toilet because my nappy is full, I've also gone #2 and made sure I'm completely empty and very sure of it. So then, when I've been lying on the floor and putting the tapes in place, I've uncontrollably leaked and simply had to hold the nappy in place and hope for the best. This to me is not what my body thinks is "ok" so I don't think it is always down to being used to wearing, well not for me anyway. Good luck though! :)

Once I made the decision to wear nappies all the time what remaining controI had< was lost very quickly. I've never tried going without nappiessince.

Thanks for l of you comments.

This has happened to me actually although it's more recent. I seem to be losing more control but that is explained away with me just actually taking care of myself better. Essentially because I'm drinking proper amounts of water instead of unintentionally damaging myself I'm more prone to accidents as a result. So it only appears to look like I have lost more control from just wearing diapers actually from my perspective.

NaranjaColor said:
That's unfortunate. I would suggest wearing the pull-up type of diapers at home to avoid dealing with tabs every time and making a clean diaper useless... but while it could be an acceptable option at home I guess you'd have to wear some really good diapers outdoors, perhaps even with a plastic cover.

I've seen myself being in the same situation multiple times - when I start a diapered period of time I start producing so much pee that I have to change way more frequently than several years ago. (My DL experience is like 5-6 years now). I don't know yet how to deal with it, but I will some day come up with something.

I have tried using pullups at home but when I flood the pullups leak, my wettings are happening more often now and the floods seem to be at a lower volume from when I first started to have to wear so maybe it's time to try pullups again at home

I have a similar problem but in reverse. I use the Moliform pad and pants system, No side tabs but I do wear pads with side tabs at night because e of the extra capacity, I can do 2 dumps at night without realizing it.
During the day at home I sometimes do not wear a pad at all, I find that I have the urge to go every 45 minutes! Put on a pad and I can go for hours.
Both the Urologist and the Neurologist say it is common but can't give a scientific explanation!

although I have OAB and urge incontinence, I do have situations where I can feel the need to go (which btw. is pretty frequent) but sometimes I just cannot go.
Maybe because I also have a somewhat shy bladder, which in my beliefe is rarther odd....but in some situations I still seem to have some control, though when I'm out of that control the urge just strikes me without any warning and I wet myself, again.

I have worn diapers for years now and at one point (in highschool) no matter if I had just went to the bathroom or not the moment I put a diaper on I was 100% unable to control my bladder but the moment I had it off I had no problems at all. So I fully understand where your coming from its hard to control what you don't feel. For me it was a full retraining my brain to realize and tell me that hey u have to go trust me when I say it its not easy. But it can be done. I wish you the best of luck and I'm always hear if you need help
Have a great day
Matt

I relate most to Uptrain on this one, which is somewhat opposite of the initial thread post. I drink a lot of water during the day so usually at work I will go to the bathroom every 90-120 minutes. However, when I put on a diaper I sometimes do not feel the need to pee for a few hours.

It is as if though subconsciously wearing a diaper (ironically) makes me think less about having to go to the bathroom so although I probably still could go every 90-120 minutes while wearing a diaper my mind doesnt think about it.

I would also guess that it is tied to a slight anxiety that I have about getting stuck in a place that doesnt have a bathroom when I really have to go.

I didn't have any problems until about years ago when I would

About 9 years ago, I had to have my prostrate removed because of cancer and had almost continued leakage of some type(dribble to all out peeing. It took over 9-10 months before it subsided in the mean time I had to wear 24/7 and had to change about 6-8 times daily because I never knew when it would strike or how much. I kind of got used to wearing 24/7 before that I usually wore to bed, and sometimes during the day when I was away from the house.

This spring, I had to go to the ER with hellish pains below the belly button, come to find out I had a large kidney stone that wouldn't pass. It was lodged in the tube between the kidney and the bladder(almost 8mm) I was admitted overnight because the next morning they wanted to insert a stent so I could pee and eliminate the pain. The next morning they inserted the stent and after a couple of hours, was able to go home, I called my neighbor up and asked if she would pick me up and needed someone to drive my SUV home. We left the hospital and had to get some scrips filled which seemed to take forever. I had peed before leaving the hospital. When we got to my house, had to pee again and it had been only about 20 minutes sense I had last gone, before I could to the front door, I wet all over my front porch, there was no stopping it. I didn't have a diaper on at the time.

About a month later, they went in and exploded (for the lack of a better word) and this time I was wearing, after the procedure, I was sent back to recovery, and after about an hour I was told that could go home. I had worn my diaper to the hospital and put in my bag before getting the procedure done, I put my diaper on and finished getting dressed. I was hungry and asked my neighbor(driver) to find a place to eat. She did and we had a good lunch, then went to the drugstore to get more scripts filled. No peeing and leaking this time. About a month later, I had the stent removed at the Dr's office, I wore to the office and put my diaper back on afterwards and again no leaks. Sense I had the stent removed, I again had to wear 24 /7, as I had no control as to when I had to go without warning. I asked the Dr about it and he said that it was rare for this to happen but stick with it for a while. I did that and after about 2 months it subsided and I was getting some warning but I had to be within 10 feet of the bathroom, it would explode that quick and sometimes I still didn't make it. that has since gone away and now I can sit through a movie and not realize I have to go until I stand up, and hardly made it to the the bathroom and a lot of the time I didn't make it, as a result, I wear 24/7 all the time now and kind of enjoy it. it has been about 3 months that I've been wearing 24/7 and would like to take a break from it but I don't trust my bladder enough to do that. I'll be 72 this month and at this time, I'm not worrying about it. If I have to wear 24/7, so be it. Life is too short and I have a lot that I want to do and not worry about my bladder problems,

I've found that I have less control. I have bladdar spasms, during the day I maintain a strict bathroom schedule, but at night that's impossible. I found that wearing diapers at night was eaiser. I don't attempt to make it to the toilet at night anymore. I don't think my incontinence issues have changed to much because of increased diaper usage, I think it is simply because I'm drinking proper amounts of liquids, and if i need to go I know I can.

I been wearing diapers almost 24/7 for about 6 years, just cuz I like to and it's more convenient. Now it seems I'm not able to hold my bladder as long . Also I realized within the past year, that I pee a lot, as in 10-14 in 12 hrs of the day. I don't drink a lot of soda, but everything I do drink also make u pee more like tea coffee, seltzer , water. I tried vesicare for a week to lessen how much I pee, but all I got was wicked dry mouth. I'm sure my frequency will get worse in the next 10 years as I get older, I'm so comfortable wearing diapers, I don't need to worry aboutfinding a bathroom.I'm fine with wearing diapers for the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back