Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: public?

Default public?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually seen a person wearing a diaper in public?
    I was in the coffee shop today and I swear I saw this women bend over and she was clearly wearing a diaper.

Yep saw a lady in Home Depot parking lot adjusting her pants and you could tell she was wearing, saw the top of the diaper and as I passed her it was you could see she was padded

Quote Originally Posted by babybroooke View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually seen a person wearing a diaper in public?
    So, just to be clear, babies don't count as people? Or how about plainly special-needs people in wheelchairs?

Excluding the above, my answer is a probably-surprising "no". In public, I have not positively spotted an otherwise able-bodied adult wearing a diaper. But neither have I looked for one. There have certainly been instances where I have smelled something that might have been associated with adult diaper usage, but those haven't caused me to drop everything and start ogling people's bottoms.

In fact, out of concern that my attentions would be taken the wrong way, I've sort of deliberately avoided observing diapers in public since becoming an adult. As a kid, I was habitually guilty of watching with envy as younger kids ran around in diapers or had their diapers tended to. I wanted what they had, of course. As an adult, it's too easy to see where this could be misconstrued as something sinister. Passivity in these sorts of observations is a discipline ABDLs ought to pursue, however futile it may be.

...Not saying that this thread is in any way advocating for or glorifying deliberate observation of other people's underthings, but whenever I see this topic come up, I shudder a little. We are a misunderstood group, and when I role-play the outsiders in this case, I can understand why.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 28-May-2015 at 16:04.

I've never seen anyone wearing in public outside of folks that would be wearing because they have a disability or because they are elderly. Truth be told I don't really look because the reality of spotting another ABDL is extremely low/rare and it would be even more awkward to approach someone that you felt might be an ABDL.

Cottontail's message is full of truth on this matter and while its fun to dream that you'd come across an ABDL in the world by chance, its better to focus your efforts making ABDL friends on ABDL sites. Just my $0.02

I wear cloth diapers 24/7. Most of the time if one looks you can see a bulge. I have never had anyone say a word or even act like they have noticed anything. People are in their own world and not worrying what I am wearing.

On the other hand I can only imagine if I went out without being diapered and wet my self, you can bet the world would know!

I admit that I have wondered from time to time if the person I happen to glance at is wearing. I do not make a point of it, but every now and then I happen to notice someone's bottom in such a way that it causes me to wonder.

I have also noticed that when I am wearing I do this more. However, I wear in public only very rarely, so that is not statistically significant.

If only the Depends commercials were representative of reality...

I find these threads odd. With as many people asking about how to be discrete in public. You would figure that doing anything more than spotting through a glance and walking away would cause the other person to run or feel ashamed. I get that there are people who get their kicks from being noticed, but they make it more than obvious. So crotch staring could make the other person self consious and actually do damage psychologically. Plus if they aren't you are staring at their anatomy and that could be taken as harassment.

Can't say for sure that I ever have. I try not to really be on the look out for them, lol.

Besides, I know from personal experience about being very self conscious when out wearing one.
    The last thing I would want is for someone to approach me and start talking to me in general.
    And to be approached and have that person talk about them would probably make me run away in tears not matter how well intended they were.

Unless of course is was a really cute (Bi/Lesbian) girl who came up to me, commented on how cute she thought I was, then whispered something like I think your choice in underwear is cute too and would love to see you out of them. lol, That is of course if I didn't faint or turn into a blushing giddy schoolgirl to embarrassed and bashful to talk back to her. LMAO! What? A girl can dream right?

Last edited by MandyBear; 30-May-2015 at 01:29.

I've seen it but its been very few and far between

Nope, this is the Midwest so people usually wear different clothes which cover up the diaper completely.