Nightlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddedwolf said:
I use indoor Christmas lights. They are soft and pleasent and hang around my room.

Yes, this too! I don't know how I missed your post before, but I love my Christmas lights in my living room. they give such a nice warm glow and (red ones) make for great mood lighting.
And you may think they are bright at first but they really aren't and you get used to them real quick. :D

Hej,

I have a Ikea-Patrull (old version).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bm5MMFAsaY
I bought it for orientation when I wake up in my loft bed in the deep of the night. (don't wanna fall of the ladder.... :no: )

Hello All,

I have been using a nightlight (or something of similar brightness) since 1996. That's when I began horribly afraid of the dark. I was locked in a pitch black room for 11 1/2 hours during a incidence of child abuse. It left me terrified of the dark. So I have night lights all over the place. Annoys my room mate, they have gotten used to that part of me.

In my room itself I have a lamp that's on 24/7 but has a dimmer so I can turn it down a bit. I have a app on my phone so I can use it as a flashlight. On my crib rail is crib toys, all ones that give off a fair amount of light. And then on the floor next to my crib is a battery operated camping lantern that's super bright. So I have redundancy on top of redundancy in my room for light.

Safe to say I have a big problem with the dark. Last blackout we had my room mate came running in thinking I was being murdered to find out I was screaming because of the dark. I couldn't find the stupid switch for the crib toy and panicked. So anyway yea, I love my night lights......A LOT! :)

-Baby Stanley

They have LED blankets and pillows that all you have to do is squeeze to turn them on. Awww, poor li'l Stanley! :hug::cheekkiss::patpat: They're lovies! they're nightlights! They're a brilliant idea if you're afraid of the dark!

That LED blanket looks very comfy in the dark
looksie here
But its sooooooo small :sadno:
3x4ft? I have yet to see an adult size LED blanket.
If you know of one in the size 3,2x6,5ft (+/- 0,5ft by side) please let me know!
I so much want one now :yes:

puppyfat said:
Does anyone here use a nightlight? I've been considering getting one... past couple months my anxiety has been so high. Two things make it worse-- silence and darkness. I've mitigated the silence problem with some white noise tracks. But the darkness part-- the sliver of light that shines through the blinds isn't very comforting? But I also don't really have enough electrical outlets in my room for a nightlight, so it'd have to be something I put in my bed. And! I share a room with someone who I am not out to about AB stuff at all. I've jokingly brought up the nightlight thing in passing and she didn't seem to mind but. Ack.

I bought these two, they are wonderful, the blue one plays ocean sound and soft music:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23885&d=1430352906

Wow they all look great, thanks for the link. Strangely enough there doesnt seem to be any resellers anywhere in europe. Shipping and import duty fees will make this a big price chunk to swallow. Think I'll gift one myself for christmas
I also found some nice looking glow in the dark fabric from France, but these sets are way more expensive
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2245885/The-320-bedspread-lights-dark-thankfully-switch-off.html
http://www.lumigram.com/catalog/page12.php

BenTennyson said:
Wow they all look great, thanks for the link. Strangely enough there doesnt seem to be any resellers anywhere in europe. Shipping and import duty fees will make this a big price chunk to swallow. Think I'll gift one myself for christmas.
Oh, sorry dear. Didn't realize where you live. Try searching, "Disney twin light up comforter Europe"

I myself have a night light shaped like a dump truck.

So last night I ended up trying something I should've thought of way earlier-- I have these LED candles that have little switches on the bottom. Potential nightlight? Welp, turns out they're brighter than I thought they were. I had to move the one I was using away from my bed so I could sleep! Maybe I need something dimmer, or a nightlight isn't for me.

Hi! Have you thought about glowie in dark stuff? Stars or anything really. Might not be bright enough but it would solve the outlet m. The other thing could be a mini lamp shade for a traditional wall outlet night light

About a month back I had a pretty serious injury that left me having to use a walker and wheel chair to get around. I enjoyed using a nightlight so I did Not have to risk fumbling getting to a light switch

-Mattling

When I arranged the nursery for my first daughter, I heavily thought about a constant source of energy for glow in the dark stuff. We had a very cute wallpaper with little stars on it, each with glow in the dark paint. I thought about UV-powerLEDs but ditched it due to danger for eyes. Still have them here. Then I thought about an IR-floodlight, like you use for nighttime CCTV-cameras but ditched that idea as well because they are MUCH too expensive just for design. But in theory, it would have worked pretty well. Try it out. Point an IR-remote of any device closely to something phosphorescent in a dark room. You won't see the IR-led, but you will see a glowing point on the paint. There, constant energy source.

caitianx said:
I myself have a night light shaped like a dump truck.

oh..I didnt even know truck shaped night lights existed, hahah omg I want one!!!!!

Luci said:
Hey,
personally, I actually don't need a nightlight. But sometimes when I am in little mode its nice to have some comforting light before falling asleep. Therefore, I bought a really nice nightlight at Ikea. It's chargeable (so you don't need an electric outlet) and it can change the color of the light. So depending on the color, the light is brighter or darker. And on top of that it is cute, but not too childish ;)

spoka-nachtlicht-led-wei-__0097670_PE238442_S4.JPG

-Luci

I saw a commercial for a childish version of these last night: https://www.brighttimebuddies.com/c...?otsrid=8c1e1d58-6f15-442b-a49a-94e2faaf5e84#

So I ended up getting a pillow pet that lights up on the top. It creates a bunch of stars and a teddy bear face on the ceiling. Just the perfect amount of light. ^^

try charity shops you can probably pick a cilds one which runs on batteries or most catalogues have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back