A decent milestone

Status
Not open for further replies.

saix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Barely even an update but I just wanted to mention this
Im still waiting on everything until late next month when i hear my urodynamic results no idea what theyll say or what the next thing will be
but the important thing I wanted to mention was that
After 2 years of barely leaving my house due to my incontinence and anxiety
and even then only leaving mainly for medical appointments
last week I left my house to go to a friends house and the store and was out for a total of 4 hours which is the longest time ive been out in those 2 years
It may not seem like a big deal but Ive been borderline agoraphobic for the last 2 years and so this was a very big thing for me to do. it was my first time wearing incontinence aids during a social outing and it went well enough
I had some trouble with the anxiety but the incontinence thankfully wasnt a huge deal I only had to change once however I did make a ton of noise and take forever
regardless im pleased that I was able to do this and Im hoping I can start going out again a little more in the future
apologies for the admittedly rambling and a little disjointed post just wanted to talk about it a little
feel free to ask questions give advice state your opinion as always

Nothing is rambling if it is needed to be said. Hope going out gets less stressful, and that you get good results next month.

Saix: Congratulations.

saix said:
Barely even an update but I just wanted to mention this
Im still waiting on everything until late next month when i hear my urodynamic results no idea what theyll say or what the next thing will be
but the important thing I wanted to mention was that
After 2 years of barely leaving my house due to my incontinence and anxiety
and even then only leaving mainly for medical appointments
last week I left my house to go to a friends house and the store and was out for a total of 4 hours which is the longest time ive been out in those 2 years
It may not seem like a big deal but Ive been borderline agoraphobic for the last 2 years and so this was a very big thing for me to do. it was my first time wearing incontinence aids during a social outing and it went well enough
I had some trouble with the anxiety but the incontinence thankfully wasnt a huge deal I only had to change once however I did make a ton of noise and take forever
regardless im pleased that I was able to do this and Im hoping I can start going out again a little more in the future
apologies for the admittedly rambling and a little disjointed post just wanted to talk about it a little
feel free to ask questions give advice state your opinion as always

That's wonderful, saix. This certainly seems to be a big deal to me. It is a milestone.

I spend a lot of time at home, by myself. I like the peace and quiet, but I do go out and socialize at least once a week, too. It's good to have a fair mix of both alone time, and time spent with friends and family.

I do hope that you keep going out more often. I am sure that, before you know it, you will be quite comfortable going out and about, dispite the hassles of dealing with incontinence.

Take care, and best wishes.

thanks for the kind words everyone
Im really working on getting out more and Im hoping to get things together a bit
its still really tough to go out atm after 2 years of being so isolated but I need to do what I can

Glad you are getting out more, it will get easier to wear and change in public, remember you are no alone in having to wear there are millions of people requiring diapers in North America alone you probably have passed several every day of your life with out noticing they were wearing. Just be confident in your self and trust your diaper and all will be good.

Changing in public will become easier, and remember people,are not looking to see if you are wearing and when changing in the bathroom don't worry just carry on with what you have to do, keep a white plastic bag in your backpack for putting the used diaper in for disposals. This way your not caring a used diaper out in the open when you leave the stall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back