Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obscure bands that you like?

Cool Obscure bands that you like?

What obscure bands do you like, i was dissipointed when I found out that this hasn't been discussed here before, so I made the poll like I'm famous for ?
    Here's my personal list:
    1. Derrick May
    2. The Verve
    3. Sigue Sigue Sputnik
    4. David Foster
    5. Cream (anyone over a certain age probably won't think their that obscure).

Cream is a good selection. I'd agree that for the older generations, it was commonplace as they were a defining band. However, to us younger folks most music of that era can be considered obscure. I, however, listen to nothing but prog rock bands from the 1970s.
    Some of my favorites as of late:
    1. Gerry Rafferty
    2. Gentle Giant
    3. Van der Graaf Generator
    4. Spock's Beard (more of a recent band)
    5. The Nice

Wonder if anyone else out there knows these?

This time of year as we approach summer, I start thinking about my years in college and the great bands I listened to. So yes...and I'm not sure Cream is obscure, but...

Cream
    Vanilla Fudge
    Eric Anderson
    Buffy St.Marie

Alestorm? Not sure how obscure they are or aren't, but i like them, and I don't hear about them much

hirohamada

1.Split Enz (They were more popular in NZ)
    2.The Aquabats
    3.Hey Ocean! (Current but not really played on the radio)
    4.Pixies
    5.The Specials

Quote Originally Posted by shibapawz View Post
    Cream is a good selection. I'd agree that for the older generations, it was commonplace as they were a defining band. However, to us younger folks most music of that era can be considered obscure. I, however, listen to nothing but prog rock bands from the 1970s.
    Some of my favorites as of late:
    1. Gerry Rafferty
    2. Gentle Giant
    3. Van der Graaf Generator
    4. Spock's Beard (more of a recent band)
    5. The Nice

Wonder if anyone else out there knows these?
    Gerry Rafferty is really good, Baker Street was my favorite song as a young child. Another band I like (which I'm 99% sure nobody has heard of is "The Refreshments", they did some music in the late 90's and then kinda dissapered.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    Gerry Rafferty is really good, Baker Street was my favorite song as a young child. Another band I like (which I'm 99% sure nobody has heard of is "The Refreshments", they did some music in the late 90's and then kinda dissapered.
    Baker Street and Right Down the Line got me through some tough times! Glad someone else knows of this talented artist. Although as I soon found, Baker Street and Right Down the Line are just the tip of the iceberg. Haven't heard of The Refreshments though. Sad how some bands pop up and disappear. But at least their mark is forever made for all to enjoy.

I love the Head and the Heart. They were in town last summer and played in a small community centre auditorium. I'm hoping they'll be more 'up and coming' than obscure.

And I now have that horn riff from Baker Street going through my head. Classic

Acid Reign - UK thrash heroes from way back when, recently rebooted after 24 years away!