• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Sodium Polyacrylate

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckiebadger

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Howdy all from Badgerland,

I am new to ADISC. I am big time DL but not AB.

I joined because I need to ask specific questions... As a DL I really enjoy riding the motorcycle in leathers while diapered. It is a damn inconvenience to stop for a change. I wear a double disposable with a wrestling singlet onesie. After a pot of coffee in a two hour ride I am soaked. The vibrating engine really distributes the pee effectively. I want to extend the capacity of the disposable without spending the big bucks for fabine's or rear z's. So my plan is to sprinkle more diaper polymer into the disposables.

Has anyone tired this? How much sodium polyacrylate should I use? Does it trun to gel in a exothermic reaction? Will too much cook my weiner? I got a special on ebay; 5 pounds for $72; imagine that should last a while....

Experience and suggestions welcome.

Also, how can I post my own cute badger gif next to my handle?

Buckie

Last edited:
Welcome to ADISC. Motorcycles and diapers sounds like a great combo. However, I would avoid using loose sodium polyacrylate. The cleanup is going to be massive and putting that stuff right next to your sensitive area cannot be good.

Well thanks for the helpful thoughts,
So you would recommend a little chemistry experiment?
I was actually thinking of placing it between the double disposables...
The other reaction that is simultaneously exciting and scary is the expansion.
Don't want to pop a seam on the leathers. The instructions say soaks up 500 times its weight.
Hope that does not equate to 500 fold expansion; sorta' like the big bang!
How did you get the gif of the cutie with the piss color hair on your response page?

To add an avatar, click on Settings at the top of the page. Then on the left-hand side, click Edit Avatar.

buckiebadger said:
Howdy all from Badgerland,

I am new to ADISC. I am big time DL but not AB.

I joined because I need to ask specific questions... As a DL I really enjoy riding the motorcycle in leathers while diapered. It is a damn inconvenience to stop for a change. I wear a double disposable with a wrestling singlet onesie. After a pot of coffee in a two hour ride I am soaked. The vibrating engine really distributes the pee effectively. I want to extend the capacity of the disposable without spending the big bucks for fabine's or rear z's. So my plan is to sprinkle more diaper polymer into the disposables.

Has anyone tired this? How much sodium polyacrylate should I use? Does it trun to gel in a exothermic reaction? Will too much cook my weiner? I got a special on ebay; 5 pounds for $72; imagine that should last a while....

Also, how can I post my own cute badger gif next to my handle?

Buckie

Hey there buckiebadger! Welcome to ADISC!

I'm not able to really help with the question, not bieng knowledgeable about that.. but I just wanted to say thanks for joining and asking the question! If you ever get any more little questions, ever want to know something, or maybe feel like you could answer some question.. feel free to post about at your pleasure!

What's Badgerland like?

Just remember that urine is more than just water and it won't soak up nearly add much fluid as the product advertises.

Also the stuff will go every where. It will be a nasty mess. It will squeeze out because it has no where to go and when you sit on it, it will most likely be forced out.

Those premium diapers that you mention are designed to hold morethan your average everyday diaper. I can tell you that I've tried Dry 24/7 and they do a great job. I also add Goodnite's Trufit inserts to my diaper and it add a lot more capacity.

Northshore's brand is a good diaper that is cheaper, but, has a similar capacity. They also sell booster pads that actually adds extra capacity and they even have wings.

What brand have you been using? It seems that they lack any good capacities.

Double diaper and wear plastic pants over.
Surly that will stop the pee?
Welcome Buckiebadger!

Hi buckiebadger,
Welcome to ADISC. Your post got me thinking as I used to do demos on SAP (Sodium Poly-acrylate) for school kids a few years back. My two pence:
-Sodium Poly-acrylate is chemically very inert harmless stuff. So putting it next to your skin shouldn't be an issue. Although in its dry state it would be like putting sand in your nappy I think it would chafe badly! And on a motor bike with all the bumping, I think you would get off looking like you had been attacked with a belt sander.
-The absorption is not, at least not noticeably, exothermic or endothermic so you won't burn/freeze yourself.
-I also agree that when it gets wet it will form a mass and could make a huge clean up issue. It could also form a water tight barrier inside the nappy stopping it from working so effectively, normally the SAP is distributed within wood pulp within the nappy which prevents this.
-SAP does absorb a lot of water! and expands as much as the water it absorbs(i.e. volume is conserved more or less) given enough time again the pulp helps here by soaking up excess initially giving the sap time to catch up which might cause problems for you as in your case the SAP may not absorb quickly enough.
- that said you won't explode unless you manage to produce enough pee to cause the sap to expand enough to explode. I doubt that even with a lot of coffee you will manage that. However you definitely won't need much SAP.
-The fact that that it's urine rather than water should make no difference, I think.
All that said I am kind of intrigued so if you go ahead and experiment be sure to report back.

Another alternative is to use a baby's nappies (pampers size 6+, say) as a booster. Basically you cut some holes in the baby nappy's outer layer and the lay it inside an adult nappy before putting it on. I'm always amazed by how much extra capacity this technique creates. Those pampers are super absorbent and relatively cheap.

buckiebadger said:

Buckie

You could use a pair of rubber pants for containment purposes, they have a lot of stretch. I once filled a pair up with water and they stretched about triple their size without leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back