Sizing, Dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittlePony

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm really new to this. I'm looking at a dress on an ABDL website and it's asking for the measurements: Skirt length, Bust, and Shoulder to Hem. I'm a pretty tall guy, I'm 6'4" and I have a 32" waist. I know that info may not be helpful but I wear a 32" W, 34" L.

I assume taking the measurements would be more helpful, but I don't know how to take them.

Thanks

Thanks fifigal for your comment !

As for Azie - really can't go much further than that - EXCELLEMENTO - PAR EXCELLENCE - SUMMA CUM LAUDE !!!!!

Now the only thing for Little(BIG)Pony to do is get dressed - with your measurements get something custom made
or go shopping to find something that meets your specs. If you find something close perhaps a tailor/seamstress can make it perfect that is if
the clothing budget can afford it - but if not you can continue to dream and search 'Climb Every Mountain - till you find your Dream' !

you only really truly need to know all these exact specifics for something custom made, right?

ShippoFox:
Not necessarily - every exact measurement will determine how well the garment fits. With rounded measurements you may get
a baggy piece de la resistance (garbage bag with arm holes - think poncho). With custom work the more details furnished to the
clothes maker the better the fit. When shopping at a department store thrift shop or mall the closer to the personal measurements
will be a more satisfying fit that just simply looks better and one would not have to hide behind a dumpster. Emphasis exaggerated !

With one's personal measurements and a tape measurement when shopping the task of will it fit or not will not be a challenge.
When shopping for men's wear the numbers are usually right out in front of you 32 inch waist 30 inch inseam etc. With women's
wear all those fancy vanity even and odd numbers that have no relation to a tape measure i.e. a Misses size 14 is not 14 inches - not
even doubled to 28 inches and there is no universal conversion each manufacturer has their own vanity sizing chart. A misses size
14 is in reality actually fairly close (horseshoes) in a around about way approximately 32 inches depending on what phase the moon
is in and the alinement of the stars in the firmament AND OF COURSE YMMV !

The rule book can be adjusted and perhaps thrown away for someone who is interested in ABDL clothing such as 'Little Girl' 'Toddler'
etc. - the all important factor here is there ROOM for the all important DIAPER(s) doubling/tripling inserting pads liners and then fitted
with a diaper cover. For the baby wearer this is not a fashion show and tell with a runway debut but just functional clothing.
For the older baby folks it is a matter of showing off those sexy curves and body projections to excite the personal senses of the wearer
and observer albeit with colors lace ruffled frilly trim ! The better these fit the well being factor is increased - - -

"DO I LOOK FAT IN THIS DOROTHY DRESS WITH MARY JANE SHOES TIGHTS AND DIAPERS" ?

I just didn't know they stated all those measurements on pre-made clothing, I thought it was just size 10, 11, 12, etc... though I have never been shopping to find out for myself. In a couple of months, I may be trying to buy some clothes, though it'll be online too.

ShippoFox said:
I just didn't know they stated all those measurements on pre-made clothing, I thought it was just size 10, 11, 12, etc... though I have never been shopping to find out for myself. In a couple of months, I may be trying to buy some clothes, though it'll be online too.

You are right ShippoFox, the information on the clothing tag usually just states the numeric size, and sometimes petite, small, medium, or large.
I think what Babylock1 was saying is, if you know your measurements ahead of time, and you bring a measuring tape with you, you can actually measure the clothing item it's self to see how close it comes to your own personal measurements. This saves you the time, and hassle of having to try everything on to see how well it dose, or does not fit.

ShippoFox said:
I thought it was just size 10, 11, 12, etc... though I have never been shopping to find out for myself.

Can I just say that your whole post, combined with the way your avatar looks, just made for the cutest looking post. They just seem to fit so well together. :)

Also, For those that do not have one, or know where to find one.
I would suggest buying a cloth/fiberglass flexible sewing tape measure.
They are usually white with red (or black) numbers, 60" (5ft long) and only cost about 2 dollars.

They can be found in any sewing section in retail chain stores (Target, Walmart, ect)
They can even be found in those tiny end of aisle sewing racks in food/supermarket stores too.

sewing tape.jpg

Add note that on the back of the tape measure is the METRIC measurement in Centimeters (2.54cm =s 1 inch).
So if someone is giving you metric measurements get the tape measure that when turned over does the conversion for you !

Worse case scenario you can use a carpenters metal retractable device - only trouble here is the metal tape at times is unruly ah er unmanageable (I knew you would like that) !
Sorry I got lost I thought I was in the lumber department - you do sell clothes in this store don't you ?
No milady is not build like a 2 by 4 caution here !

I am fortunate enough to own many sissy baby dresses and other outfit. Buy from a top quality dressmaker. There are a number of the on Ebay. I really like Annemarie. I have some of her dresses over 10 years old. I wear a sissy dress nearly everyday so mine get a lot of wear. Good quality fit correctly and last.

A good seamstress will have a chart showing you how to take measurements. If you have any questions, just ask them.

Good luck and enjoy

I have yet to purchase anything from Annemarie, but I have considered it for some time now. She has some of the most lovely dresses I've ever seen, and I've only heard very good reviews of her workmanship and the quality of her dresses. I think that, perhaps, I will buy myself a new dress come this autum, and maybe for Christmas as well.

I wish I had a babyish dress.

My waist size is 44", and my male t-shirt size is XL.

I am 5' 8".

What is the equivalent dress size number for large full-figure?

Hi caitianx.
I would say that your Womans dress size would be at least a 24, and may go up to a size 26.
If you are considering having a ' Baby / Toddler ' or ' Little Girl ' dress custom made for you, follow the directions babylock1 and MandyBear have given in this thread for getting your measurements. Then contact your dressmaker and give him, or her, your measurements. In no time at all, you will have yourself a very adorable outfit for a very adorable little girl.
Take care and best wishes.

Dresses are a bit different than skirts. With skirts the main measuring factor is the waist - with the dress it is the bust (chest) that
determines the fit although with a fitted dress the waist does play a part. But for ABDL gear the waist is not a concerning factor other
than for diaper fitting. Babies don't wear bras so you don't have to complicate the bust/chest measurement. So get out the ole tape
measure and run the tape all around the chest at its circumference. The part running over the nipples.
Breathe relaxed and add maybe 2 inches to the number you get.
You say you waist is 44 inches - a good guess would be that your chest is a 48 ? So you are looking for something perhaps in a XXL (2XL).
The equivalent dress size number varies by clothing manufacturer - some would say you are a XL others XXL and even then a XXXL.
So find the sizing chart that that manufacturer is using and use the tape measure in inches to convert to that manufacturers size number.

Basically ABDL baby dresses have ample room in the chest department with a loose fitting collar and a hem length that just touches the
hips or low waist. Usually some portion of the diaper gear is visible ! The sleeves normally go down about 4-6 inches off the arm seam
and can be puffed up or billowing. Some dresses are made with a simple pull-on(over) the head like a 'T' shirt move. Others with a more
fitted effect could be fastened with buttons in the front or back and or zippers (in the back commonly). The waist is usually free and more
than large enough to allow changing of diapers without removing the dress. There are dresses with an elastic waist but this is usually a
custom fitted application. You can start with something around $20 and as you add custom features fabrics details buttons zippers frills
lace the dream dress can cost you quite a bit. Ebay is a great place to go window shopping. Note the measurements that the seller requires
to make your dream dress. Sometimes you may find a ready made dress with your specs. Don't be intimidated by your larger size from
what my be listed in the auction. You are no where near the outer space range in measurements. A simple matter that can not be ignored
is of course with larger sizing the price is going to have to go up a bit - so if you find something ready made it might just be the best deal !
Find something that you like send off an ASQ (Ask Seller Question) to see
what can be arranged or negotiated. See about options for bonnets; mittens;
booties; matching diaper cover panties etc.
Create the look that is so you !

Need more help info come on back here for more advice and hints !

fifigal said:
Hi caitianx.
I would say that your Womans dress size would be at least a 24, and may go up to a size 26.
If you are considering having a ' Baby / Toddler ' or ' Little Girl ' dress custom made for you, follow the directions babylock1 and MandyBear have given in this thread for getting your measurements. Then contact your dressmaker and give him, or her, your measurements. In no time at all, you will have yourself a very adorable outfit for a very adorable little girl.
Take care and best wishes.

Thank you for the advice.
I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back