Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sizing, Dresses?

Default Sizing, Dresses?

I'm really new to this. I'm looking at a dress on an ABDL website and it's asking for the measurements: Skirt length, Bust, and Shoulder to Hem. I'm a pretty tall guy, I'm 6'4" and I have a 32" waist. I know that info may not be helpful but I wear a 32" W, 34" L.

I assume taking the measurements would be more helpful, but I don't know how to take them.

Thanks

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Measurem...28For-Women%29

Try that. Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for, but it might help.

Also, shoulder to hem is usually collar bone to where the skirt/dress should end, depending on the style.

Babylock1 gave a very good summary of measurment meanings and tips in this thread.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...ing-and-stuffs

Thanks fifigal for your comment !

As for Azie - really can't go much further than that - EXCELLEMENTO - PAR EXCELLENCE - SUMMA CUM LAUDE !!!!!

Now the only thing for Little(BIG)Pony to do is get dressed - with your measurements get something custom made
    or go shopping to find something that meets your specs. If you find something close perhaps a tailor/seamstress can make it perfect that is if
    the clothing budget can afford it - but if not you can continue to dream and search 'Climb Every Mountain - till you find your Dream' !

you only really truly need to know all these exact specifics for something custom made, right?

ShippoFox:
    Not necessarily - every exact measurement will determine how well the garment fits. With rounded measurements you may get
    a baggy piece de la resistance (garbage bag with arm holes - think poncho). With custom work the more details furnished to the
    clothes maker the better the fit. When shopping at a department store thrift shop or mall the closer to the personal measurements
    will be a more satisfying fit that just simply looks better and one would not have to hide behind a dumpster. Emphasis exaggerated !

With one's personal measurements and a tape measurement when shopping the task of will it fit or not will not be a challenge.
    When shopping for men's wear the numbers are usually right out in front of you 32 inch waist 30 inch inseam etc. With women's
    wear all those fancy vanity even and odd numbers that have no relation to a tape measure i.e. a Misses size 14 is not 14 inches - not
    even doubled to 28 inches and there is no universal conversion each manufacturer has their own vanity sizing chart. A misses size
    14 is in reality actually fairly close (horseshoes) in a around about way approximately 32 inches depending on what phase the moon
    is in and the alinement of the stars in the firmament AND OF COURSE YMMV !

The rule book can be adjusted and perhaps thrown away for someone who is interested in ABDL clothing such as 'Little Girl' 'Toddler'
    etc. - the all important factor here is there ROOM for the all important DIAPER(s) doubling/tripling inserting pads liners and then fitted
    with a diaper cover. For the baby wearer this is not a fashion show and tell with a runway debut but just functional clothing.
    For the older baby folks it is a matter of showing off those sexy curves and body projections to excite the personal senses of the wearer
    and observer albeit with colors lace ruffled frilly trim ! The better these fit the well being factor is increased - - -

"DO I LOOK FAT IN THIS DOROTHY DRESS WITH MARY JANE SHOES TIGHTS AND DIAPERS" ?

I just didn't know they stated all those measurements on pre-made clothing, I thought it was just size 10, 11, 12, etc... though I have never been shopping to find out for myself. In a couple of months, I may be trying to buy some clothes, though it'll be online too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I just didn't know they stated all those measurements on pre-made clothing, I thought it was just size 10, 11, 12, etc... though I have never been shopping to find out for myself. In a couple of months, I may be trying to buy some clothes, though it'll be online too.
    You are right ShippoFox, the information on the clothing tag usually just states the numeric size, and sometimes petite, small, medium, or large.
    I think what Babylock1 was saying is, if you know your measurements ahead of time, and you bring a measuring tape with you, you can actually measure the clothing item it's self to see how close it comes to your own personal measurements. This saves you the time, and hassle of having to try everything on to see how well it dose, or does not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I thought it was just size 10, 11, 12, etc... though I have never been shopping to find out for myself.
    Can I just say that your whole post, combined with the way your avatar looks, just made for the cutest looking post. They just seem to fit so well together.

Also, For those that do not have one, or know where to find one.
    I would suggest buying a cloth/fiberglass flexible sewing tape measure.
    They are usually white with red (or black) numbers, 60" (5ft long) and only cost about 2 dollars.

They can be found in any sewing section in retail chain stores (Target, Walmart, ect)
    They can even be found in those tiny end of aisle sewing racks in food/supermarket stores too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewing tape.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	24064

Add note that on the back of the tape measure is the METRIC measurement in Centimeters (2.54cm =s 1 inch).
    So if someone is giving you metric measurements get the tape measure that when turned over does the conversion for you !

Worse case scenario you can use a carpenters metal retractable device - only trouble here is the metal tape at times is unruly ah er unmanageable (I knew you would like that) !
    Sorry I got lost I thought I was in the lumber department - you do sell clothes in this store don't you ?
    No milady is not build like a 2 by 4 caution here !