You may be staring at the title wondering what Milko's on about this time, well let me fill you guys in:
today I was in a very creative mood and I decided to try creating the opening titles for a movie out of baby powder!
Let me explain. First of all, I got this inspiration from watching an episode of "The Quatermass Experiment" which is an old British sci-fi drama from the early 1950's.
After watching the opening sequence, I decided to have a crack at trying to achieve the same effect using random bits and bobs I have lying around my room.
I first used a piece of black card to draw the titles on:
Then, I began to cut out the letters using a razor blade:
After a while, I got all the letters and I put the sheet onto a second piece of card:
Next, I sprinkled baby powder over the bottom piece of card, and then placed the one with the cut-out letters on top:
It was OK, but it didn't produce quite the effect I was after. So, I put plastic wrap on the bottom piece of card (after I had flipped it over: it's really hard to get the power off)
anyway, then, I placed the card with the cut out letters on the other one. Then, I sprinkled the baby powder on the both, so the powder would go through the gaps in the letters and make a pattern on the bottom card:
Then, I filmed it and blew away the baby powder. I reversed the footage in Final Cut on my computer and exported it, so it looked like the powder was rushing in to form the letters. Unfortunately, I can't upload the video but here are some stills of the final product:
Unfortunately, the text got garbled a bit, but it still worked okay
Let me know what you think! I do this kind of stuff quite often so let me know if you want me to post more of it.
-I ONLY REMEMBERED AFTER WRITING ALL THIS THAT IMAGES AREN'T WORKING AT THE MOMENT. I WILL EDIT THE POST WITH THE IMAGES AS SOON AS THE BUG IS FIXED -