is it time to see a urologist, cuz I might

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I been doin the vesicare since Friday and Im getting the dry mouth which is pretty annoying, and i still seem to be peeing just as much. So I'm giving it a few more days then I'm done with it, I'll just stick to diapers

Well I gave up on vesicrare a few weeks back after having wicked dry mouth and no results, I saw my urologist today and basically said the dry mouth was annoying, and ran thru all my oab syptoms along with my bedwetting, since this was a follow up with someone new. Told her about my diaper use. She said that she doesn't recommend meds at this point since I'm maanaging it fine with diapers.

nikthewerelion said:
Well I gave up on vesicrare a few weeks back after having wicked dry mouth and no results, I saw my urologist today and basically said the dry mouth was annoying, and ran thru all my oab syptoms along with my bedwetting, since this was a follow up with someone new. Told her about my diaper use. She said that she doesn't recommend meds at this point since I'm maanaging it fine with diapers.

Your urologist suggested meds was not recommended, and that you should instead use diapers to cope with your situation....that sounds really odd to me, usually it's the other way around, they avoid diapers at all cost and push for the meds.

And meds are usually the first try in dealing with OAB, together with certain exercises, if this approach doesn't work, then they start considering invasive procedures like operation and so on....diapers are NEVER considered as a way to manage or treat incontinence!

So I'm sorry, bu t I find your statement a bit odd.

My urologist also really push's the meds and thinks diapers are just for baby's how ever my family doctor is fine with my choice to skip meds and use diapers to deal with my OAB. She feels if I am at ok with wearing and its handling my issue why use meds that can and do have really bad side effects and don't stop the flooding 100% they just reduce the frequency of the accidents so you still have to wear protection unless you want to gamble you do not have an accident at the wrong time and place.

I have been wearing 24/7 for 8 months and counting and have no regrets choosing diapers over meds

Well she said that my symptoms are not that bad yet and that if I'm maginging with diapers and protecting my skin then it's fine. My vesicare trial didn't help and I don't want to try other meds.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but Ive had the same problems I have OAB as well. My urologist is a med pusher too. Not only do I have a weak urine stream 50% of the time i will also be just sitting relaxing and I will feel wet drips out of no where. I took Flomax, vesicare and now Toviaz none really help only a small bit. I hate the horrible dry mouth you get too. Doc doesn't know about the diapers though

I pee like 10-14 time's a day or more over the course of the 12 -14 hrs of being awake and I hear it'll just get worse as I get older as well as the slight leaks I get from bending or just randomly but hey whatever, if my doctor is fine with me using diapers this early on, then I guess I'll be in diapers the rest of my life. Oh BTW I got a note for work stating I need to use the bathroom at least every 2 hrs. It's not so specific obout oab and that I wear diapers but should I mention that stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back