Looking for a New Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone,

I'm currently stuck with Depend Protection w/ tabs that aren't as comforting and thick as Id like so I'm in the market for a new diaper.

What have you heard about:
Northshore plastic backed
Absorbency Plus
Dry 24/7

I'm curious about all of these brands and with my girlfriend encouraging me to wear diapers for stress relief and comfort I want to try new things in this department as well.

In the past I have tried Bambinos, ABU, Abena and more. I'm looking for an all-white/medical diaper. Thick and relatively inexpensive.

If you could help me out is appreciate it!

Out of those three Absorbency Plus would probably be your best bet. They are as thick if not thicker than Dry 24/7, but cost less because they only have single leakguards. Northshore is good and very absorbent, but is a bit thinner than the others because it is compressed in the package.

Internet said:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently stuck with Depend Protection w/ tabs that aren't as comforting and thick as Id like so I'm in the market for a new diaper.

What have you heard about:
Northshore plastic backed
Absorbency Plus
Dry 24/7
I'm curious about all of these brands and with my girlfriend encouraging me to wear diapers for stress relief and comfort I want to try new things in this department as well.
In the past I have tried Bambinos, ABU, Abena and more. I'm looking for an all-white/medical diaper. Thick and relatively inexpensive.

NS are high capacity and aren't too expensive. They're pretty stiff when dry though, and the shell isn't very soft. High sap, swell a lot when wet, but wicks slowly and has shorter leak guards (do not flood).

A+ are medium capacity, less than you might expect for their thickness, but are 100% pulp. that, combined with their really soft shell, makes them extremely soft and comfortable. they have NO leak guards, but I actually haven't had a problem with that even when wetting heavily, due to their really fast absorption and wicking. Skip the 3's, get the level 4's. Don't push them too hard during the day. Tough to beat on a dollars-for-capacity scale, especially for overnight use.

Dry's are probably the best non-abdl diaper available right now for abdl's. They're comfortable, all white, front and rear elastic, (NS and A+ have NO front/rear elastic) and are high capacity. Good sap/pulp mix, swells a bit, high capacity, good wicking, low press-out. The liner is soft and so is the shell, still very comfortable. Cost is higher.

I was just commenting in another thread how right now is a great time to be an AB/DL, with all these great new brands of diapers coming out in the last year, diapers that are actually looking to tick all the boxes in our wish lists. The diapers you have listed above aren't even specifically TRYING to be AB/DL diapers. There's a lot more similar and better choices out there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back