golden age of diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So many diapers, having trouble keeping score!

The last few months have seen an explosion of new quality AB/DL diapers. I'm having trouble keeping track of it all!

Snuggies
- Waddler
- Waddler Overnight (new)
- Waddler v2 (announced)

Diaper Connosseur
- Cuddlz (been around for awhile)
- DC Amore v2 (new)

Rearz
- Crinklz (insta-sold out, limited inventory available)
- Spoiled (just hit the store at ABU and Rearz today)
(why do I keep typing "soiled"? hehe... btw $10 cheaper at ABU)

ABUniverse
- Cushies, SDKs, Sissy, take your pick (been around for awhile)

BambinoDiapers
- Classico, Bianco, Teddy (been around for awhile)
- Bellisimo

wow. Just WOW. I've heard the phrase "golden age of diapers" tossed around from time to time here recently, but I think it's real and it's NOW. It's a good time to be an AB/DL.

Even just a couple years ago it was so common to hear people lamenting about how "nobody makes a good AB/DL diaper" or "I wish there were AB/DL diapers available where I live for a reasonable price". Well, a lot of dreams have come true here in the last few months. Good times for all.

(what did I forget? surely I missed something)

The real golden age was 1977-1992, this might be a renissance though.

My biggest problem is I want to try them all, every time I order something else comes out! Its getting expensive. I use to think diaper collectors here were loons, but now I am collecting it seems.

kitterdafoxy said:
The real golden age was 1977-1992, this might be a renissance though.

What happened then? I was only in diapers for a couple of those years-- the same ones I was alive for :p

YankeeFox said:
What happened then? I was only in diapers for a couple of those years-- the same ones I was alive for :p

Not sure about the adult market, but for baby diapers this was the midpoint of major changes in the design, after the hourglass design and the landing zone (which was introduced in the early 80s), but before heavy SAP thinned them out and the "breathable" obsession eliminated plastic backing. Most AB/DL themed diapers seem to cater to those wanting to recreate the late 80s feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back