Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any of you try the new ABU diapers

Default Any of you try the new ABU diapers

I contacted abu a while back and was told they would be increasing the absorbency in there diapers. I checked the web site and it looks like they have done it. Any of you tried them ? Is it a lot more absorbent ?

I hope not. Not everything needs to hold a gallon of pee.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    I hope not. Not everything needs to hold a gallon of pee.
    If you don't like the added absorbency, then you don't have to buy them. There are plenty of other products on the market that are wafer-thin, and I am sure they will be better suited for your purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    If you don't like the added absorbency, then you don't have to buy them. There are plenty of other products on the market that are wafer-thin, and I am sure they will be better suited for your purpose.
    Actually, pretty much every ABDL diaper that isn't the Bambino Classico or ABU diapers are pretty damn thick. Although I haven't tried the original Snuggies yet. It'd be nice to have an ABDL diaper that you can wear under your clothes without worrying about people noticing the diaper bulge. No one said they all need to be thin, but having ONE thinner ABDL diaper wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    Actually, pretty much every ABDL diaper that isn't the Bambino Classico or ABU diapers are pretty damn thick. Although I haven't tried the original Snuggies yet. It'd be nice to have an ABDL diaper that you can wear under your clothes without worrying about people noticing the diaper bulge. No one said they all need to be thin, but having ONE thinner ABDL diaper wouldn't be a terrible thing.
    I agree, wholeheartedly. You can increase capacity with stuffers but there's nothing you can do to reduce a diaper's profile. I wouldn't mind seeing an overnight Cushie added, in the manner of Snuggies Waddlers Overnight but there's no reason to kill a good product that's already there.

I haven't personally as I'm not AB, but a friend of mine did and he said they were actually thin to the point of absolute uselessness.

That's a pretty egregious thing to say. Just because they hold one wetting doesn't make them useless. Again, not EVERYTHING needs to hold five pounds of pee.

Quote Originally Posted by ClickyKeys View Post
    I haven't personally as I'm not AB, but a friend of mine did and he said they were actually thin to the point of absolute uselessness.
    I have worn the older versions of the cloth-backed Cushies. I found that their overall design is the most sensible I've tried. This is due to the product's overall durability, and Velcro that can be refastened repeatedly. It can be worn for far longer periods than anything else on the market, save for Goodnites. As far as being thin, I think the ABU products are as thin as I could ever want, as anything thinner that I've had experience with has deteriorated over very short periods of wear. The ABUniverse products have held up surprisingly well, perhaps exceeding the Bambino offerings.

I agree that not every diaper needs to hold a gallon of pee but the old ab universe super dry kids would leak for me after one wetting and most ab/dls have said before that the abu diapers are more of a play diaper and not really usable. if i am going to spend that kind of money on diapers I would like to be able to use them and not just wear them for play.

Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    most ab/dls have said before that the abu diapers are more of a play diaper and not really usable.
    That sounds about right. The single tapes in particular I think make for an unreliable diaper. Lack of front or rear elastic also affects comfort and fit. But they're not that expensive really, they're at the bottom of the ABDL diaper price point, so I think you're getting what you pay for in terms of value for your dollar. They're "useless" as a reliable diaper, but that's not what they're meant to be. My chair can also work as a place to sleep, but doesn't do it nearly as well as an actual bed, because that's not what it was primarily designed for. That doesn't make it a bad chair.