Shyanne

Baby Foxtaur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Previous thread - https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/92671-Bed-Rails/

Link to purchase - http://www.homedepot.com/p/DMI-Twin-Home-Bed-Rails-in-Steel-551-1961-1900/203418958?keyword=twin+home+bed+rails

Well a little while ago I made a topic on bedrails. Just wanted to update that I've painted them and am loving them so much! They are now purple, tho I had to wait 4 days for them to get painted, it was so hard to sleep without them. v.v But I do recommend them for babies who can't have a crib yet. :)

tumblr_nok6sejV821scu0izo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nok6sejV821scu0izo3_1280.jpg

Guessing your sleeping better with the rails now? Almost tempted to purchase some now myself, which may be great since I'm moving into my new place in the next two weeks.

Yup as soon as I got them back I slept better! ^^'

Awwwww! that is cute! I like it a lot. I might have to look into getting some type of rails. How is it held on to the bed?

Tyger said:
Awwwww! that is cute! I like it a lot. I might have to look into getting some type of rails. How is it held on to the bed?

It has two other bars that slide under the mattress, then u attach the sides to those bars.

Good for you, personally I don't need them since i already have a full crib, but I think that other less fortunate AB/DLs could benefit from them.

Are they easy to detatch from the sides? I would like to have something like this as an option for myself since I'm not little all the time. That way I can put them away when not needed

Very nice, I saw that the price is rather reasonable. Did you have the rails spray painted?

kitterdafoxy said:
Good for you, personally I don't need them since i already have a full crib, but I think that other less fortunate AB/DLs could benefit from them.

Ya I really want a crib but atm I can't afford one. v.v

Penny said:
Are they easy to detatch from the sides? I would like to have something like this as an option for myself since I'm not little all the time. That way I can put them away when not needed

They are slightly difficult to remove but not super hard to.

boobybird89 said:
Very nice, I saw that the price is rather reasonable. Did you have the rails spray painted?

Yup I did spray paint them! Sadly even with a clear coat on them..they aren't as smooth now as they were when I first bought them. But It's not a big issue.

I myself have a set of partial length side-safety rails for my bed.

That's really cool I want something like that for my bed when I move out of my parents house which is hopefully very soon.

Your room is super cute! Looks like a good alternative to a crib.

Here are my bed rails:
0522152313.jpg
They are only partial length type.
With having Cerebral Palsy and being an older adult,
I have to have these rails on my bed.

luvtowearpampers said:

Aw thank you! :) It took me about 4 years to slowly aquire all the stuff in my room. Only thing Im really missing is a crib but one day.. :)

Nice. Looks cute when painted :)

I feel I'd rather have wooden ones. Metal ones look too medical to me. Not like a toddler bed.

Oceltot said:
I feel I'd rather have wooden ones. Metal ones look too medical to me. Not like a toddler bed.
Ya I couldnt find any adult sized wooden rails unless one were to make them theirself and if you were to, may as well just make it a crib at that point. Lol also when i was a real kid, my parents didnt have a toddler bed for us and just put metal rails on a normal bed for us. So its kinda nostalgic for me as well.

- - - Updated - - -

luvtowearpampers said:

http://s347.photobucket.com/user/foxxfur/library/Nursery Here are photos of the whole room btw ^^'

The room looks super cute, Shyanne. Bed rails are a really nice alternative and are extremely useful till the time the baby is not ready for the crib. I bought a bed rail for my baby at one of the auction sites online and got it at a super cheap rate. I also bought this beautiful toy storage for decorating my baby room at a price of $84.50 only!
4239_img_6084.jpg

KidKraft%20Limited%20Edition%20Toy%20Box%20-%20Espresso.jpg

jessicabean said:
The room looks super cute, Shyanne. Bed rails are a really nice alternative and are extremely useful till the time the baby is not ready for the crib. I bought a bed rail for my baby at one of the auction sites online and got it at a super cheap rate. I also bought this beautiful toy storage for decorating my baby room at a price of $84.50 only!
4239_img_6084.jpg

KidKraft%20Limited%20Edition%20Toy%20Box%20-%20Espresso.jpg

Nice! Ya I seen those mesh types ones when I was looking for mine. But well I wanted just the rail kind without mesh because thats the kind i had when i was a toddler. Parents didnt have a toddler bed for me.

Your ones look super cool Shyanne. I love the way you have decorated the room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back