Babica PlayCribs - An Adult Baby Crib that stores under your bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babica

Owner: Babica Products Ltd.
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey Folks,

Just a reminder, I am still building Adult Baby cribs that dismantle and store under the bed through my site. Twin models start at $450.00(USD).

http://ungulate11.wix.com/babicka

Ooooooh~! Neeeeat~ I'll hafta check this out. <^.^7

So you assemble it around a bed? I'd be very interested in something like this. How easy is it to put up and take down?

Still looks pretty lame for a "crib" (cage that goes around your bed) to me.

Fire2box said:

That's exactly what a crib is.

Cereal said:
Ooooooh~! Neeeeat~ I'll hafta check this out. <^.^7

If you do, let us know how it is. I'm concerned with how stable it might be. I'd hate to buy a crib and find that it's just for play and not use...wouldn't be fun to have fall apart on you because you bumped it in your sleep.

Cereal said:
That's exactly what a crib is.

yeah but this isn't solidly built and what kind of crib has a door panel that seemingly folds outwards?

Fire2box said:
yeah but this isn't solidly built and what kind of crib has a door panel that seemingly folds outwards?

I think Ungulate had to deal with several realities in building a crib and this is the idea he came up with. It isn't exactly like a 'real' baby crib but it did satisfy his design goals.

I think it's a neat idea. A little more costly than aww so cutes inflatable crib but a better design than theres too. You can pain and customize the wood if you want, easily hides and way cheaper than a permanent crib for those who want one but either can't afford the cost or the permenancy.

I like this. I can't afford it personally but I like seeing that more options are opening up for people like us.

Wish you had some pictures on the site of it setup around an actual bed, to gauge the scale.... but I love love love the idea! My little and I definitely don't have the space (or magic powers to hide this from company) in our apartment to have a permanent crib- but this gives littles and caregivers hope! Personally, I like the idea more than the Awwsocute crib... but would love to see photos of a finished product around a bed.

Are you in the US or UK?

Also, I read the first thread you posted in, and you really took the constructive criticism in stride- which is awesome to see!. Were you able to fix any of the earlier flaws?

wood = will not support larger babies, especially if elevated off the ground at all. metal frames with wooden sides (a la 'classic baby crib') are better. and the pricing is a bit high, I've seen better quality elsewhere cheaper.

PrincessSara said:
wood = will not support larger babies, especially if elevated off the ground at all. metal frames with wooden sides (a la 'classic baby crib') are better. and the pricing is a bit high, I've seen better quality elsewhere cheaper.

Sources?

lullingsea said:

I read your previous post, the sources I have aren't for easy to take apart cribs, they go together once and stay that way, as well they're canadian private 'businesses' (aka people that make them as a hobby and courtesy for the community) that don't have storefronts or websites, if you know the person (or are a friend of a friend) they'll price one for you but otherwise they already get enough requests from those they know.

haha i have to say i was thinking the same thing but for some people something like this that can easily be taken down and hidden is ideal

- - - Updated - - -

Fire2box said:

haha i have to say i was thinking the same thing but for some people something like this that can easily be taken down and hidden is ideal

This looks brilliant!

I wish you were in the UK, I'd definitely be ordering one!

PrincessSara said:
wood = will not support larger babies, especially if elevated off the ground at all.

You'd have to be using pretty cheap and slender wood then. Kinda wish I got into wood working because if I did I'd already have a crib by now. Honestly the hardest part is likely just the designing and decided how you'd want to get in and out. I suppose I'd just have a drop side or just leave it fixed but I know I'd want at least 2 foot high rails, minimum.

PrincessSara said:

How do you figure that? A crib is basically a bed with rails, and wooden beds have been a thing since, well, people got tired of sleeping in hay. Wood is plenty strong enough to support a person.

hi, i agree with you i fall out of bed because siezieres and was advised to stick pillows under the mattressi i like pretty things but thet are out of price range if you pay in instalments that would be a compramise

- - - Updated - - -

i have't found any webstes or storefronts how do i find them i would be gratefull. ebay is the only place ican find some items. thank you.:smile:

Babica? Was the name based off of Aprica strollers?

If you use PayPal, they have a program where any item over $100 can be paid off in six months without interest (used to be called "Bill Me Later"). As long as you are disciplined about making payments and get it done in 1/2 year, then you are fine. If you go over the six months, they tack on interest from the date of purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back