Is anyone else a caregiver to themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitterdafoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I personally am, but it's not by choice, more out of necessity than anything else. I don't have any caregivers near my house and I am not a very trusting person, so I do it all myself.

EDIT:eek:ne of our members suggested thus addition, so here it is:
"Thread: what defines being a caregiver to oneself? I'm actually kinda curious, aside from changing yourself and feeding yourself how is doing so being a caregiver? X.x"

Last edited:
I am. I'm not so good talking to the opposite sex. I also live in a place where my family is the majority, so I don't even bother trying

I've been looking for a caretaker for quite awhile without any success, I'll run into that individual one day but for now, I care for myself with my own things.

I assume a majority of us are.

computerProgrammer said:

We all are. Even those who have a partner need to make sure that they're healthy and happy. That's the "adult" part of adult baby.

And yes, I spend plenty of time coming up with ideas for myself. It works pretty well, since I know me so well.

ArchieRoni said:
We all are. Even those who have a partner need to make sure that they're healthy and happy. That's the "adult" part of adult baby.

And yes, I spend plenty of time coming up with ideas for myself. It works pretty well, since I know me so well.

Yup.

Yes, unfirtunately ,I'm alone too. Who would want to be in a mommy role to a guy who is 54 going on 2? I will be so happy if I find a mommy some time.

Thread: what defines being a caregiver to oneself? I'm actually kinda curious, aside from changing yourself and feeding yourself how is doing so being a caregiver? X.x

No another way - I've to care about myself... And not only in ABDL aspects.

yes, I'm in this all by myself, it works fine, I dont want to share my little side with anyone.

Great question! I'm also my own caregiver. I know this sounds strange but I think that this works because my baby and my adult persona are completely separate. When i'm regressed, my 'baby needs' will either interrupt my regression or be met by my adult as caregiver (after all, this is a fantasy). An example is that my adult persona as caregiver is the one who pops the pacifier into my mouth or changes my diapers. I'm being both baby and adult at the same time and can keep them separate. An example of a 'baby need' interrupting my regression is when I need my bottle. My caregiver adult will get up, go to the kitchen, heat up some milk in my bottle and bring it back to my baby. I'll then resume my regression as my adult as caregiver pushes the nipple between my lips. Admittedly interrupting my regression is not a good thing but the caregiver part is still an important part even if it's only fantasy.

computerProgrammer said:

A very good point.
All I have is just myself.

I'm 100% on my own in this. There is one friend that knows about my little side but he's never participated. Sometimes I think it could be cool to have a daddy or a mommy but in reality I think I may be too shy to include anyone else in it.

Penny said:
I'm 100% on my own in this... Sometimes I think it could be cool to have a daddy or a mommy but in reality I think I may be too shy to include anyone else in it.

This is how I feel completely. I go through a typical binge purge cycle where I really want to meet someone, but at the same time I question whether I want a relationship that's primarily based around ABDL. Then I question whether I could last long term in a relationship with someone who isn't interested in this part of me and I waffle back and forth wondering what to do and end up not doing anything for my own comfort.

I am really careful about being open with this, so that factors into it. Granted I've started leaving things in easily found spots (such as my dresser) but I know people don't go through my things. So despite my lax, I don't go out of my way to parade all this around. And there is definitely a level of openness you have to be comfortable with when looking for someone to be romantically involved with.

And, honestly I couldn't see myself having a relationship with a caretaker that wouldn't have a certain sense of attraction involved. I'm more of a DL than an AB for certain. The AB aspects factor into my age play more than comfort. So I always factor in the possibility of a relationship when looking for that.

Maybe I'm over thinking it?

Even if you take the AB part out of the equation, all humans are their own caregivers, surviving, getting themselves food / drink, finding shelter from the elements, etc.

BigKid25 said:
This is how I feel completely. I go through a typical binge purge cycle where I really want to meet someone, but at the same time I question whether I want a relationship that's primarily based around ABDL. Then I question whether I could last long term in a relationship with someone who isn't interested in this part of me and I waffle back and forth wondering what to do and end up not doing anything for my own comfort.

I am really careful about being open with this, so that factors into it. Granted I've started leaving things in easily found spots (such as my dresser) but I know people don't go through my things. So despite my lax, I don't go out of my way to parade all this around. And there is definitely a level of openness you have to be comfortable with when looking for someone to be romantically involved with.

And, honestly I couldn't see myself having a relationship with a caretaker that wouldn't have a certain sense of attraction involved. I'm more of a DL than an AB for certain. The AB aspects factor into my age play more than comfort. So I always factor in the possibility of a relationship when looking for that.

Maybe I'm over thinking it?

I understand what you're saying but I'd encourage you not to rule anything out. A relationship with another ABDL is just like with anyone else, except that you share a more common frame of reference. It doesn't have to be exclusively about that, although it might be. Other people make narrow relationship choices sometimes too. I wouldn't encourage that as a long term scheme but it might not be so bad if it gets you more comfortable in sharing this. It's initially very awkward but I found that more quickly than I ever expected, it began to feel very "normal" in a good way. Don't close yourself off to what's potentially very rewarding just because you're worried about it not working out perfectly.

Trevor said:
I understand what you're saying but I'd encourage you not to rule anything out. A relationship with another ABDL is just like with anyone else, except that you share a more common frame of reference. It doesn't have to be exclusively about that, although it might be. Other people make narrow relationship choices sometimes too. I wouldn't encourage that as a long term scheme but it might not be so bad if it gets you more comfortable in sharing this. It's initially very awkward but I found that more quickly than I ever expected, it began to feel very "normal" in a good way. Don't close yourself off to what's potentially very rewarding just because you're worried about it not working out perfectly.

Thank you :)

I am unfortunately in this boat and I would love to have a mommy. But I am very shy and have a hard time trusting others and if I do meet people its because they come to me first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back