Not open for further replies.

Milko

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I really want to start drawing furry (specifically babyfur) artwork as I really like drawing and it takes my mind off things (if you've read some of my other posts you'll know why I like that).

HOWEVER, there is one problem. I CANNOT DRAW TO SAVE MY LIFE. Seriously, I can trace things and colour in, but I cannot draw anything. Are there any tutorials out there or guides that any of you guys could point me to so I can start?

Thanks, :)

Milko said:
I really want to start drawing furry (specifically babyfur) artwork as I really like drawing and it takes my mind off things (if you've read some of my other posts you'll know why I like that).

HOWEVER, there is one problem. I CANNOT DRAW TO SAVE MY LIFE. Seriously, I can trace things and colour in, but I cannot draw anything. Are there any tutorials out there or guides that any of you guys could point me to so I can start?

Thanks, :)

I can try to help if you like... What animal(s) are you looking to draw, and I'll either find one for you or make one myself... I love to draw ^^

Entropio said:
I can try to help if you like... What animal(s) are you looking to draw, and I'll either find one for you or make one myself... I love to draw ^^

Hi thanks :) but I'm really looking to start drawing myself. I find drawing often helps me handle my depressive and kind of suicidal feelings often and it's kind of a therapeutic thing for me.

But as I said, huge thanks anyway :)

A good drawing guide includes examples, so that's a thing.

Milko said:
Hi thanks :) but I'm really looking to start drawing myself. I find drawing often helps me handle my depressive and kind of suicidal feelings often and it's kind of a therapeutic thing for me.

But as I said, huge thanks anyway :)

What I meant was find a tutorial, or if I cant, make one for you.

I can offer small tutorials. This one is a bit dated, but I show how I draw faces. drawface3.jpg

Attachments

• draw face.jpg
    draw face.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
A habit I've been getting into lately is sketching and doodling what I feel like drawing beforehand; it helps quite a bit to practice drawing your creation many many times.

Also, take your time drawing. If something doesn't look right to you, don't overlook it; erase it and do it over as many times as you need to until it looks right.

Just a couple of self-learned things.

there are a lot of furry drawing guide books out there, I would probably start with that. I think that tavi munk's website also has video demonstrations. You could also just start off with copying by laying a piece of paper on top of a babyfur picture, that way you can start getting the feel for what it looks and feels like as you work through the steps of drawing it, even though it will be a different experience to not copy.

Okay, it seems my attachment has deleted itself. I'm willing to offer advice as I've been drawing babyfur/diaperfur art for about 5 years now. Let me know!

AitoKitsune said:
Okay, it seems my attachment has deleted itself. I'm willing to offer advice as I've been drawing babyfur/diaperfur art for about 5 years now. Let me know!

Yay, I would like advise. I'm looking for to create my style. I want to do toony style stuff.

AitoKitsune said:

Well I'm trying to make my Profile Pic more babyfurish, and look cute and childish, but can kick butt when need be, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Last edited:
AitoKitsune said:
I'm willing to offer advice as I've been drawing babyfur/diaperfur art for about 5 years now. Let me know!

Paddedwolf said:
Yay, I would like advise. I'm looking for to create my style. I want to do toony style stuff.

Ohh cool! I'd love to be able to learn as well. I'm guessing I might need to have some drawing basic knowledge first before I go and start trying to do actual "art".

Paddedwolf said:

Start by getting proficient at drawing circles then. Most toony art is made up of round shapes derived from circles. Take a look at your favorite toony artists, then take notice of particular things you like about them. Try to replicate those features from memory when you do your own sketches, and you'll end up developing a unique style of your own drawn from various features of your favorite artists C:

- - - Updated - - -

Mattew said:
Ohh cool! I'd love to be able to learn as well. I'm guessing I might need to have some drawing basic knowledge first before I go and start trying to do actual "art".

Basic drawing knowledge helps, yes! But it mainly all comes in practice. So you can basically be drawing what you want to draw the whole time C: This is a great little video on how to hold your pencil and use your entire arm to help you draw more confident lines. May seem a bit boring, but it is stuff you MUST learn in order to advance yourself. [video=youtube;bDQgM7C2Kdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQgM7C2Kdw[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

KittyninjaW said:
Well I'm trying to make my Profile Pic more babyfurish, and look cute and childish, but can kick butt when need be, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Hmm, "tough" and "cute" at the same time may be a little tricky to pull off at times, but you can maybe start with bigger eyes, and more rounded facial features. In cute art, "ROUND" Is king.

AitoKitsune said:
Start by getting proficient at drawing circles then. Most toony art is made up of round shapes derived from circles. Take a look at your favorite toony artists, then take notice of particular things you like about them. Try to replicate those features from memory when you do your own sketches, and you'll end up developing a unique style of your own drawn from various features of your favorite artists C:

- - - Updated - - -

Basic drawing knowledge helps, yes! But it mainly all comes in practice. So you can basically be drawing what you want to draw the whole time C: This is a great little video on how to hold your pencil and use your entire arm to help you draw more confident lines. May seem a bit boring, but it is stuff you MUST learn in order to advance yourself. [video=youtube;bDQgM7C2Kdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQgM7C2Kdw[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, "tough" and "cute" at the same time may be a little tricky to pull off at times, but you can maybe start with bigger eyes, and more rounded facial features. In cute art, "ROUND" Is king.

Thanks!

Cool. I'll try to watch the video when I have a chance. Thanks for sharing.

AitoKitsune, Thank you for posting the very helpful tips on how to draw a face. I tried some of it out tonight and found it to be extremely helpful. I'd love to pick your brain sometime if you're willing. I took drawing classes in college (had to take some art for my major) and I loved it. I went from drawing stick figures to complex shading and optical illusions. Now I'm trying to switch over to a more cartoon-based drawing for my own badge. It is driving my brain crazy tying to do it but as I said what you've provided has proven so useful so far. Would it be okay if I contacted you for some additional advice/tutoring?

Thank you in advance!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back