Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furry/Babyfur Drawing Guides?

Talking Furry/Babyfur Drawing Guides?

I really want to start drawing furry (specifically babyfur) artwork as I really like drawing and it takes my mind off things (if you've read some of my other posts you'll know why I like that).

HOWEVER, there is one problem. I CANNOT DRAW TO SAVE MY LIFE. Seriously, I can trace things and colour in, but I cannot draw anything. Are there any tutorials out there or guides that any of you guys could point me to so I can start?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    I really want to start drawing furry (specifically babyfur) artwork as I really like drawing and it takes my mind off things (if you've read some of my other posts you'll know why I like that).

HOWEVER, there is one problem. I CANNOT DRAW TO SAVE MY LIFE. Seriously, I can trace things and colour in, but I cannot draw anything. Are there any tutorials out there or guides that any of you guys could point me to so I can start?

Thanks,
    I can try to help if you like... What animal(s) are you looking to draw, and I'll either find one for you or make one myself... I love to draw ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Entropio View Post
    I can try to help if you like... What animal(s) are you looking to draw, and I'll either find one for you or make one myself... I love to draw ^^
    Hi thanks but I'm really looking to start drawing myself. I find drawing often helps me handle my depressive and kind of suicidal feelings often and it's kind of a therapeutic thing for me.

But as I said, huge thanks anyway

A good drawing guide includes examples, so that's a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    Hi thanks but I'm really looking to start drawing myself. I find drawing often helps me handle my depressive and kind of suicidal feelings often and it's kind of a therapeutic thing for me.

But as I said, huge thanks anyway
    What I meant was find a tutorial, or if I cant, make one for you.

I have been learning some basic drawing skills from drawspace.com. You might enjoy their tutorials on how to draw cartoon fur and how to draw a cartoon koala bear. I believe these tutorials are free (unlike some of the other content on the site).

http://www.drawspace.com/lessons/top...ontour-drawing

I can offer small tutorials. This one is a bit dated, but I show how I draw faces. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drawface3.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	24013
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draw face.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	24012  
    Last edited by AitoKitsune; 17-May-2015 at 09:03. Reason: cropped image

A habit I've been getting into lately is sketching and doodling what I feel like drawing beforehand; it helps quite a bit to practice drawing your creation many many times.

Also, take your time drawing. If something doesn't look right to you, don't overlook it; erase it and do it over as many times as you need to until it looks right.

Just a couple of self-learned things.

there are a lot of furry drawing guide books out there, I would probably start with that. I think that tavi munk's website also has video demonstrations. You could also just start off with copying by laying a piece of paper on top of a babyfur picture, that way you can start getting the feel for what it looks and feels like as you work through the steps of drawing it, even though it will be a different experience to not copy.

Okay, it seems my attachment has deleted itself. I'm willing to offer advice as I've been drawing babyfur/diaperfur art for about 5 years now. Let me know!