Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live set up.

Default Xbox Live set up.

Ok, i've an Xbox 360 arcade and a linksys wireless router that is a hallway and living room away from the 360. Do i NEED a long ethernet cable or that 100$ dongle, or can i cheat my way for an xbox live connection? Any help in any way will be appreciated.

Either you're going to have to get a long-ass cable, somehow connect it through a computer nearby, or get a wireless adapter. You don't have to get the official Xbox adapter though, I have a third party one I got for like $30, and it works just as well.

2low

Drill a hole in the wall and pass it true , problem solved ..
    on a serious note .

ways you can connect an xbox

. Wired
    Wireless

if in most case If the Router modem ect is in another room having tons of wire running along a house is not all that great

wireless router and wireless adapter would be the best solution
    And There might also be some few key things to set in the router for the xbox depending the brand of it

You could always Go Beyond like i did and wire some wall jacks from room to room in the house so the router is in one room and all the wired are in walls
    Router feeding the other outlets true the house .

But wirleless is simple and clean ,
    i have if for the xbox aswell ,

but seems some certain type of routers dosent allow more then 1 xbox online @ the same time

as soon as one xbox logs in live the other one boots the other off and so on vise versa lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Either you're going to have to get a long-ass cable, somehow connect it through a computer nearby, or get a wireless adapter. You don't have to get the official Xbox adapter though, I have a third party one I got for like $30, and it works just as well.
    And where can i get this magical 3rd party adapter?

I got mine at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. The company is Belkin.

i have done the cable and in an apartment it sucks. so i don't do that anymore and the third party adapter didn't show up but i'm gana try it again

tried it again and same result it won't show it exists plus the 100$ while expenseve come with an awsome warrenty and have a place to snap onto it.
    Last edited by Slycamer; 10-Feb-2009 at 04:37. Reason: report

Secret

DO NOT BUY A WIRELESS ADAPTER!
    Its a huge waste of money, just take a lookie here man.
    YouTube - Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter Alternative
    Go wireless with your XBox 360, without the $100 MS adapter
    So easy a caveman could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforceformer View Post
    Ok, i've an Xbox 360 arcade and a linksys wireless router that is a hallway and living room away from the 360. Do i NEED a long ethernet cable or that 100$ dongle, or can i cheat my way for an xbox live connection? Any help in any way will be appreciated.

Well, if you have a laptop, and wireless router, you're set! Bring your laptop into the same room your 360 is in, and connect the 360 and laptop together, then bridge the connections! (Below is how to do it!)

On Vista, click 'start' and then click 'connect to' on the right.
    Then click the link that says 'Open Network and Sharing center'
    then click the link on the left that says 'Manage network Connections'
    -=-
    On XP, go to 'Network Connections'.
    -=-
    From this step on, the instructions are the same for both XP and vista, just follow the steps below.
    ---------------------
    Highlight both your wireless and local area connection by dragging a box over them or holding ctrl and clicking on each one.
    Now Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and click the option that says 'Bridge Connections'.
    a few seconds later a new connection called 'network bridge will appear'
    Hook your Xbox 360 to the ethernet port on the laptop if you haven't already, and reboot the Xbox.
    Done.

You never have to make the connection again as it stays there until you delete it, and you don't have to enter an encryption key either.