Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gender Stereotypes

hirohamada

Default Gender Stereotypes

I know not many can fit toddler pull-ups or goodnites. But I kinda really hate the sterotypes when it comes to prints for example boys have Thomas the Train and Spiderman and Girls have princesses and Dora

If you don't like it, buy the girl ones. Stereotypes aren't going away any time soon and how the future generations are being forced and shaped, it ain't gonna get any better. I like the girl ones due to they put more absorbency up in the front.

I don't support gender stereotyping or "nuclear" ideals, but I think that if done correctly, they can be cute and just fine (look at the early 90's Huggies, it's cute and nothing to start a riot over).

I'm a guy and I always get the girly pull ups because I like them better. It is a shame that these kinda sterotypes still exist though - pink for a girl and blue for a boy.

I have to disagree with boobybird89 that sterotypes aren't going away. I mean it's obvious they're not going away altogether but I certainly feel like in todays society, in many parts of the world, gender roles are becoming more fluid. Women are more free to do typically male jobs and vice versa. I think todays average male is deffinetely more in touch with his feminine side than say 50 years ago. Hopefully one day people will be able to be as masculine or as feminine as they like without feeling confined by their gender.

I buy both boy and girl Goodnites depending on my mood. I also have blue themed and pink themed Baby Pants training pants. Why not enjoy both?

I actually really like the boys gender stereotype prints and don't have any interest at all in wearing girls'

*hides in the corner*

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post

I actually really like the boys gender stereotype prints and don't have any interest at all in wearing girls'

*hides in the corner*
    Nothing wrong with that

This is such a silly thing to get upset over. My best friend has a three year old son in pull-ups and he wears both the boys and girls ones. Whatever he wants, she gets him. If there's a preference, go with it. If not, who cares?

I'm no fan of gender stereotypes and am more than happy to see them die. However, of all the problems that gender stereotypes create, gendered pull ups shouldn't be as big a thing to get annoyed by, though when combined with everything else being gendered, I can see those insignificant problems adding up. Buy whichever ones you want. Personally, the prints I buy aren't targeted to a specific gender (that I know) and the rare times I buy gendered diapers, I buy the male ones.

I do agree that the gender stereotypes are getting tired. That said, I would be really heartbroken if anything happened to the girls' Goodnites and we were all stuck with the yucky blue ones...anyway, maybe the solution would be to continue making both, but not market them as boy/girl specific. For pull-ups, you could sell them as "Princess" and "Toy Story" pull-ups (or whatever's on the boy ones, shows what I prefer lol). The problem in my mind isn't so much the designs, but the idea that boys/girls HAVE to wear a specific style.

As a side note, if we went totally gender neutral with this stuff, I wonder what would happen to the ABDL community over time. I'm an LG, and want to wear all the stereotypically feminine baby clothes, because it helps me express my female little side. Thinking of myself, if everything was considered gender neutral, would I be drawn to other baby stuff as well? Or would I identify as a boy like I do as an adult? It's an interesting thought experiment for us gender non-conforming types.