Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers for travelling

Default Diapers for travelling

So I've got a summer job while college is out where I'll be on the road a LOT over the summer, so i was thinking that i could wear in my car or in the hotel rooms while I'm away from my parents house. So, what would be a diaper that is fairly low-cost so i dont have to worry about using good ones while on the road? Also, ones that are low profile would be nice too, but not necessary. Thanks in advance.

If you're going to be on the road that means you're sitting... I highly recommend just going premium with abenas. Not too expensive and there is a nice bang for your buck. Nothing sucks worse than finding you've leaked in your seat... Is happened to me before and it want fun trying ti hide wet jeans in a truck stop

Boosters help immensely as well. I recommend Abri-let Maxi boosters if you're sitting.

Also, sticky tape is your friend when you are expecting to be sitting for a long time ... the tapes can be pulled and you can rip tabs/plastic shell. Putting some tape over the tabs will reinforce them just a little bit so that they won't fail on you and then cause you to end up leaking.

Thing is, as part of my job (I will be working sporting events) I will be wearing khaki or athletic shorts depending on the day, and wont really have a way of concealing the larger, premium diapers. So if i did use them, it would probably not be *in* the car, probably in the room as some fun nighttime play or something. I dont have a problem with holding it for long car trips, it was just a thought for having some fun on an otherwise boring drive.
    Last edited by Necron681; 13-May-2015 at 21:19.

'm looking for something you can get at a Wal-Mart or something along those lines, i.e.: walk into a store and buy them. They dont have to be a true diaper, just kind of a "something is there" feeling, and if I wanted to wet it a little, I could, is what I'm going for.

I wear Wellness Briefs, they are not bulky, and they can be worn for up to 12 hours. They are a little on the pricy side. A case (54) costs $79.00. I ONLY use 2 a day...

I would suggest the CVS brand day and night diapers. They are a decent diaper for the price and as long as you are careful with your release they will hold a good amount. They are my preferred store brand diapers.

Wetting while sitting is hazardous in a disposable. If you're going to limit your volume, a thin diaper will be ok though. I personally like the Totaldry Plus for daytime wear. They're quite inexpensive, capacity is low but not VERY low, they have good leak guards, and are fairly quiet. They're an all-pulp diaper so they don't swell when wet but will have a little more odor.

I dont wet while sitting, since I've used a grand total off 4 diapers and I'm still super nervous so I have to do it standing up, close my eyes, and think like I'm standing at a urinal. So if i wear in the car, it will just be cause i want to wear, and not wet. If I wet, it will be in my room, standing up. And most likely in the bathtub if I've drunk a lot, just in case.