abdilly

Salt and Light, Diapers and Wipes
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
For various reasons I find myself beginning to really enjoy cloth-backed adult diapers.

Part of it is they are so very easy to conceal. Part of it is that they are very comfortable over long periods of time. Part of it is how soft they are. And part is that all baby-diapers made now days are all cloth backed.

This is not to say I don't love a good crinkly diaper here and again - and I'm really happy that more and more companies are joining the AB/DL diaper market. Though because many of the diapers are made by adult diaper companies over in China - there is a rigidity that no one can seem to shake.

It's either the backing that's super thick - or the insane packing tape landing strips - it's just not soft enough for me...at least yet...my hope is someone proves me wrong.

All that said - I've been digging on the cloth backed. Right now the gold standard for me is the Seni Super Plus. The cut is great, it's nice and soft, leak guards, waistband, great tapes, and it doesn't weep!

I've tried a good number - Abena and Attends overnight being good as well. I've not tried the Cushies Cloth...but perhaps they may be a good middle ground of AB/DL and cloth.

I just find that the European cloth backed diaper is of such extreme quality that I'm buying more and more of them. With a case of 75 of the Seni Super Plus for 75 bucks (and free shipping with Prime) on Amazon - you can't pass it up. A buck a diaper for one that can take a few floods in stride and wicks like a boss...tough to beat.

With that explanation - I'm not looking for why cloth-backed is not your favorite...rather I'd love to hear some suggestions of your favorite cloth-backed adult sized diaper. I'd also love to hear anyone who digs on cloth-backed as well.

If I ever hit the powerball I'll invest in making the most AB adult cloth backed imaginable...until then...Seni will suffice.

All of those benefits, mainly discreetness, is why adult diapers are going to cloth-backed. It is not about how much it can hold and how long you can go without changing, it is about holding enough until you can get changed. Heck, with my current health insurance, if I had a diagnosed underlying condition, would supply me with 300 generic store-brand diapers/month. (That is a change every 2.5 hours.)

So, anyway, I do not know the allure of plastic-backed, I have not had the opportunity to try them in adulthood, but I am old enough to have worn plastic-backed as a baby. ( I just do not remember it.)

Oh and yeah, since it is all I have had the opportunity to try- I am not in a situation where I can order online -the generic Assurance/Certainty briefs are my favorite and most trusted.

Cloth backed diapers are better on the heat front as well they do not get as warm in the summer months but still get a bit warm. I have noticed my level 4 Abena air is warmer then my Abena air level 2 but that's probably due to the extra thickness. I won't go back to my plastic backed versions until the fall or winter time.

LittleAaron said:
All of those benefits, mainly discreetness, is why adult diapers are going to cloth-backed. It is not about how much it can hold and how long you can go without changing, it is about holding enough until you can get changed.

This is a really good point. There is an over interest in maximum absorbency - and sometimes there is a need for it - but some of these diapers are overkill. Personally part of the fun is the change - so I actually prefer a diaper that can hold a moderate amount - but will require a change after a few hours. Not to mention it is better for your skin to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Rob110 said:
Cloth backed diapers are better on the heat front as well they do not get as warm in the summer months but still get a bit warm. I have noticed my level 4 Abena air is warmer then my Abena air level 2 but that's probably due to the extra thickness. I won't go back to my plastic backed versions until the fall or winter time.

A good strategy - I've done the same. Put the "sweater weather" diapers away in the Summer. I've been known to mow the lawn in a pair of gym shorts with a cloth-backed discreetly on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back