Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this bothering me?

Default Why is this bothering me?

I guess would be the best place to post this.

Maybe this is just me being me, over thinking and worrying about things I shouldn't be.
    Maybe its because of the recent events between my friends and I.
    I seem to be thinking about all this a lot lately as I try to find my place and who I am.

So earlier today I got hungry, lunch time and all so I decide to make something.
    I could have had a hamburger, chicken, pasta, a salad. I could have ordered takeout, gotten fast food, basically anything that would have resembled a normal, even if not healthy, meal an adult would eat.
    But no, instead I made myself two sandwiches, a Peanut butter n jelly and a cream cheese n jelly, and some pears for desert. IDK, it just sorta happen and I wasn't thinking much about it till I was eating my pears when it hit me. That WTF?!? moment.

A PBnJ, glass of milk and a cup fruit. Something I've probably served to my nieces/nephews IDk how many times when they were growing up. So, ya, here I am eating a lunch better suited for a 10 yr old then an adult. Not to mention I didn't eat it sitting at a table, no, I ate it sitting on my couch "Indian style" ya I know, I'm old, lol, aimlessly watching TV while still in my fluffy pink PJ pants with pink n purple stars on them. (I got them in the Jrs section, don't judge me, lol).
    Because "work from home" days = working in my Pajamas most times, lol. Like you wouldn't if you could.

So again, all these seemingly unconnected things once again have come crashing together to make me sit here and wonder WTF? and further question and doubt myself as if I'm not already getting enough of that from the people around me.

IDK, you tell me.

Seems like to me, that you can't make up your mind, maybe? I am not sure what to say. Sorry, it seems like you would have to figure this out, I'm kinda confused what to say....

- - - Updated - - -

how is everyone doing?

Did you enjoy your lunch or maybe more to the point - were you enjoying it before thinking about it?

Then I don't see any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDenise View Post
    Did you enjoy your lunch or maybe more to the point - were you enjoying it before thinking about it?
    Yes I was enjoying it.
    I have just become rather consumed by all of this as of late in no small part to my friends.

Maybe reading this might help shed some light on whats been going on in my head lately.
    My current blog entry Thanks

What it sounds like to me is that you weren't going any particular direction, so your inner child took over and picked for you. Happens to me all the time. You know how cranky kids get when they're really hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by AshikagaNatsumeHime View Post
    What it sounds like to me is that you weren't going any particular direction
    Well it wasn't like I was being indecisive about what to eat, I was hungry and that's what ended up happening.
    IDK, maybe you are right. Confusion is not a good look on me, lol.

Nothing wrong with switching up the eating routine. Maybe you have good memories from then?

That has to do with conventions or customs that we grow up with. You see, I grew up, like most people I would guess, always eating cereals or bread at breakfast and a meat and/or fish meal at lunch and dinner. And that becomes our standard. And there are a lot of pratices, customs as well as concepts and ideas that we acquired that we don't ever challenge or question.

What made you think that about this particularly meal that you made is that it doesn't conform with the norm as far a lunch meal goes. The interesting part is that if you were vegetarian or gave up eating meat those sandwiches you made actually fits that particular standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraldinhas View Post
    What made you think that about this particularly meal that you made is that it doesn't conform with the norm as far a lunch meal goes.
    No, it was just sandwiches. Nothing wrong with a sandwich for lunch, if it were ham n cheese, tunafish or something like that I'd probably not have given it another thought.
    And it's not like I'm saying adults are banned from enjoying a PBnJ, it was not just the sandwich, but the whole picture.
    How I happen to be dressed at the time, PJs, cami, the sandwich, the HK cup, everything.

PS: I just love the Han avatar

This sort of thing happens to me all the time. The other day I went to watch the news and ended up watching the kids channel

Life is to short to be unhappyGrow up!!