Things to try "down south"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SqueezeBox said:
This is not the topic I was expecting by the title. LOL

OMG I just realized that, let the record show that I did NOT intend for it to sound like that, that was a complete accident. But I guess it kinda worked in getting people's attention lol maybe I shouldn't have put quotes on it :p

- - - Updated - - -

CharliePup said:
OMG Hardees pissed me off so much! I was really looking forward to 'basically Carl's Jr'. UGH! :p

Gonna second the suggestion for Waffle House <3

Yeah I had hoped they'd be the same but no, and it was a disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Aren't they the same company? I live in Louisiana and I have seen both. Fast food is fast food. I'd you want southern taste,Look up the area and find the best local place to go.

If you ever come to Louisiana, all you have to do is sniff the air and Jerry your nose lead you somewhere. It just might be your neighbor's house though.

Whoa you get both?? No fair!

And yes they're the same company, but Carl's Jr is way different and way better. I know Hardee's is good but once you try Carl you'll never wanna go back

Well, alligator watching from the picture window in a waffle house was quite fun when I took a trip to Florida some years ago.

What about at Myrtle beach? I'm headed out there as we speak and was wondering what to try out there if anyone knows some good stuff 'round Hilton head

Butterscotch said:
What about at Myrtle beach? I'm headed out there as we speak and was wondering what to try out there if anyone knows some good stuff 'round Hilton head

Dick's Last Resort in Myrtle Beach was kind of a fun place a few years ago. The wait-staff has attitude. If you're a little shy it might be awkward because they will spot you out. I'm not sure if it is still open.

Avoid the mainstream chains you would be able to see all around the country, instead I heavily advise you to try the local ma-and-pa diners and cafe's that are down to Earth and homestyle. These kind of places are the best to go if you want a Southern experience. Also, don't forget iced tea in the mason jar on a hot summer day. Can't go wrong with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back