Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ABDL Market Share

  1. #1

    Default ABDL Market Share

    I was thinking about this earlier today when I specifically thought: I wonder what percentage of L-XL GoodNites are worn by people within the recommended weight and age. Clearly, any and every teenage ABDL has bought at least one pack of GoodNites in their time (and appropriately moved on or not).

    It's just a thought: how significant of the profits these companies are getting comes from the ABDL/IC lifestyle, even when they are not specifically catering to us?

    I just gotta think that if I met with a KC marketing manager and told him or her that I am a regular user of GoodNites at 19, they'd be surprised. I think they could be even more surprised if they knew how many of us are out there, possibly a significant percentage.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'd use them, but i'm too big.

  3. #3

    Default

    If I could get a hold of them in a size that would fit my girl, I'd buy them in the hundreds :-O

  4. #4

    Default

    Procter and Gamble and Kimberly-Clarke are more than aware that some of their products are used by pre-teens, teens, and adults that don't need them. They've been aware of it for years. The reason they don't, won't, and never will cater to us is because it would be a horrible business decision. Like it or not, justified or not, adult babies and diaper lovers have a highly negative perception to the public in general. If the major diaper companies made a product available and known to their mainstream customers that was anything even remotely close to Bambino, ABU, Rearz, or any other ABDL supplier, the backlash would be quick and harsh. Wish it wasn't so, but it is.

  5. #5

    Default

    They could launch a secondary brand?
    Brand it as "More lighthearted designs for those struggling with incontinence", perhaps?
    There are a million ways they could cater to the ABDL community without that backlash, all it takes is a little creativity. I'm thinking they're skipping it because of the initial investment and the very nebulous numbers related to how big the community is.

    Let's say we're 1% of the global adult diaper market. Are you really going to launch a new product line to cater to 1% of the market? Take production capacity away from the other 99% of the market, even for one day a month?
    It makes little sense.
    No, in stead I think it's barely big enough to keep the current AB-styled diaper manufacturers afloat.

    Sad, but that's how I really think it is.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyCorry View Post
    Procter and Gamble and Kimberly-Clarke are more than aware that some of their products are used by pre-teens, teens, and adults that don't need them. They've been aware of it for years.
    Interesting. I wasn't suggesting that they cater to 'us', I was just wondering if they were aware of how much of their profit they gain from us, but it sounds like they are.

    So their shrinking the product (as GoodNites keep doing) is just kind of a big middle finger to that section of their market? (and the truly bigger kids)

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Chronoshift View Post
    They could launch a secondary brand?
    Brand it as "More lighthearted designs for those struggling with incontinence", perhaps?
    There are a million ways they could cater to the ABDL community without that backlash, all it takes is a little creativity.
    Lol. I think they could have a better shot if they considered the growing size of the average American child and just made a bigger size (which admittedly would be significantly easier on my 31" waist)

Similar Threads

  1. I want to share something with all my LGBT, ABDL friends
    By Crinklesaurus in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-Jan-2015, 22:03
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-May-2013, 10:50
  3. Why are they still on the market
    By jasonkid in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-May-2010, 17:05
  4. Flea Market...
    By thewiseguy7 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-Apr-2009, 07:22
  5. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-Oct-2008, 12:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.