Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Autism possible link to adult babies

Default Autism possible link to adult babies

I have noticed after reading many different stories of other adult babies or
    diaper lovers that they have some characteristics of autism. I have noticed
    some of those same things in myself. I have taken a few online tests and they
    all seem to say it is possible for me to have autism I get about a 30.

I wanted to see how other people rated with some of these tests. If you are
    interested just simple go to this website and take it.

I did this test (score 8) and a more accurate a while ago (non-autism spectrum). When my BF did it he scored high in the asperger spectrum but for now he did not do anything about it. If you feel like you might be autistic and if you are suffering from that, you should go and see a doctor. In Germany it is hard to get an appointment to test these things psychological, but maybe it is worth it.

Nevertheless, I doubt that there is a correlation between autism and being an AC/DL. I know there are some, but there are more who do not show these tendencies.

I wish you all the best

- Luci

Scored 0 answering the questions as honestly as I could which actually supprised me... some of them though for instance "It is very difficult for me to work and function in groups", that's quite a difficult statement to answer with a yes or no, if it was a group of people with very different personality types to me, then I probably would find that very difficult. Also "I often don't know how to act in social situations." for me that would only be partially true.

I scored a 3, which is non autism spectrum.

It seems to me that while I could see autism potentially being a bigger thing in the ABDL community for various reasons, there's plenty of us who aren't. I don't think being on the autism spectrum or not is a particularly good indicator for being ABDL.

I'd say it fits in a similar vein as there seeming to be more prevalence of being LGBT in the ABDL community. There's a prevalence, but not a connection.

I feel like this topic comes up in every sexual/kink minority community I've ever been a part of. It seems as if there are enough people with autism spectrum disorders for it to be noticeable in communities generally, and every so often in the eternal search for trying to attribute a cause for a kink, someone proposes this.

There isn't any known link and these threads get swarmed with people who don't have an autism spectrum disorder. Most people just don't have one, including in kink communities. If there's any correlation at all, you'd need a dataset that is both larger and cleaner than what you get on an internet forum to tease it out.

I was diagnosed when I was young (12). Lot of the questions on the test were complicated because they aren't black and white.

It is difficult for me to understand how other people are feeling when we are talking
    I have no idea. I don't even think about it.

Some ordinary textures that do not bother others feel very offensive when they touch my skin.
    True when I was little so I was in occupational therapy and now I just can't stand wool or arlyic (sp)on my bare skin and I can wear lot of clothes and they feel fine on my skin, it's only the looks of clothes I don't like.

It is very difficult for me to work and function in groups.

What does this even mean? I was never good in groups as a child and I learned to just go along with it and do what they want me to do and not do anything and that is how I get through. In job training, whenever we all had to clean restrooms together, all I needed was to be given a task and I will do it, I can't just walk in and jump to cleaning without being told what to do or otherwise I am just standing there.

It is difficult to figure out what other people expect of me.
    I am not sure what this mans either, I mean they would have to tell me what they want from me and I treat everyone with respect.

I often don't know how to act in social situations.
    True when I was little and my mom always had to give me rules about how to act and what the rules are or otherwise it would be chaotic and I would be acting up because of no limits were set.

I can chat and make small talk with people.
    Well this is easy to answer, yes.

When I feel overwhelmed by my senses, I have to isolate myself to shut them down.
    I would say no.

How to make friends and socialize is a mystery to me.
    It was so easy to make friends when I was little because kid would come and play and I used to just go to their house and ask if they can play. It got harder as I got older and their interests changed and I never liked to socialize and kids started to just stand around on the playground and chit chat and I never liked that. It was always boring (them talking).

When talking to someone, I have a hard time telling when it is my turn to talk or to listen.
    Definitely yes. I have to try and look for the social cue to talk and I try not to interrupt and I am sure I use more of my mental energy than a average person. In groups it's harder because it's like being in a race, who can be the first one to speak after someone stops talking.

Sometimes I have to cover my ears to block out painful noises (like vacuum cleaners or people talking too much or too loudly).
    Definitely yes, kettles, son shrieking, clapping, people cheering too loudly, school assemblies would make my ears sore because of the loud cheering and band and clapping and too much sound made my ears sore and I hate motorcycles and sirens and I had a problem with everyone talking at the table.

It can be very hard to read someone's face, hand, and body movements when we are talking.
    Hand gestures distract me so I am looking at those and they mean nothing to me unless they are trying to draw a picture for me to understand using their hands and I would say yes if I have had to ask about someone's face. Apparently noticing facial expressions is not the same as being able to read them if you don't know why they got that look on their face and even if you have to think hard about it to see why they did it must also be it too.

I focus on details rather than the overall idea.
    I try to listen to everything and look at everything and focus on everything and my mom is the one whole told me I get too focused on detail I miss the big picture and I didn't even ask for any examples or ask how often this happens because no one else has sure never pointed it out to me.

I take things too literally, so I often miss what people are trying to say.
    Oh god I was very literal when I was a kid and my parents could never understand why I never listened and my mom never knew why I always looked up whenever she would ask me what was up. I also remember the time when I was seven, I was working on the cut and paste work assignment and I was putting glue on one of the pieces to put on my paper and the teacher aid in the room starts scolding me telling me to give her the glue for pounding it and I was so confused. I was not pounding it and she called me a liar and took it from me and gave me a glue stick. To this day I still don't know what happened. Maybe I took her literal when she said I was pounding the glue and my mom thinks someone else could have been pounding and she thought it was me. But because I was just a little kid, i didn't understand what was going on so I didn't know her intention. Maybe it's a figure of speech and I took it literal so I was confused. I was so literal I did different behaviors so I did school behavior and home behavior. I would go to school and do things and say things there that were allowed. Sarcasm also flew over my head.

I get extremely upset when the way I like to do things is suddenly changed.
    I don't get upset at work when my schedule suddenly changes. I was just given my new work schedule with new tasks because she is moving our hours to an hour earlier and we get off one hour sooner but it's still the same work hours and it's effective June 1st.

I got a 32 after doing my best answering them honestly.

Yea, I have Austim. But personally I don't think there's a link, between the two, because there are non autistic Abdl's.

I don't think there is a link. just that the number of people who are on the autism scale is very high.

I scored a 12. Tho some of the questions could be answered differntly depending on interpretation, to make it lower.

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    I don't think there is a link. just that the number of people who are on the autism scale is very high.

I scored a 12. Tho some of the questions could be answered differntly depending on interpretation, to make it lower.
    Aggreed, I don't think there's a link persay, although there are a lot of austics.

I forgot what I scored last time I did one of the online one of those things, think it was in the teens though. Anyways, don't think there is a link between autism and ABDL, but more a link between autism and internet social activity (if that makes sense). Why, I don't really want to guess as my knowledge of autism is limited, and don't want to piss people off making an incorrect or judgmental sounding guess ><.