Never ordering diapers from Target again. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So I ordered a case of 34 goodnites from Target, and this is the package I received:

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/14/23/42/72/pic111.jpg
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/14/23/42/72/pic210.jpg
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/14/23/42/72/pic310.jpg
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/14/23/42/72/pic410.jpg

What makes this even worse is, no, it wasn't packaged, that was legitimately the entire box they sent (Which isn't a box they are allowed to ship, shipping boxes need to be completely sealed.)

It's even worse because my Dad was the one who got the door when the UPS guy arrived, this normally isn't a problem as stuff is discrete, but seriously. I'm just glad I have parents who frankly don't give a shit when it comes to this stuff.

I fully plan on writing a letter of grievance to target about this. While I don't bedwet or anything, the product itself is meant to be discrete, so I plan on asking 'how would you feel if your child bedwet and you ordered these for them and it came like this and was just left on your front porch open to the world?"

Wooooow! That's the laziest shipping job I've ever seen. <o.o7

I once got a box of pampers delivered to my door from Amazon and it was not discrete. But they were size one diapers luckily and I didn't order them, someone did and I never knew who.

Shipping boxes of diapers like that is fairly routine. It's a case, it's perfectly capable of being shipped like that. Amazon ships cases of diapers by themselves every time I've ordered them. Same thing for cases of wipes. I haven't ordered a case of diapers from Diapers.com yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to get an unwrapped case from them. The only time I have ever received diapers inside an outer large discrete box is either bags of baby diapers or cases of adult diapers. In most cases, the latter is still the exact same outer box used to begin with, not some special box to hold the inner bags that make up the case.

Think about it, it's a waste of a business's money to put one box, that is durable enough to go through shipping and doesn't contain anything fragile, inside another box with additional packing material. The outer box costs money, as does the packing material. And shipping gets more expensive as the size of a box increases. Unless the business explicitly says they ship diapers discretely you really should expect a case of diapers to arrive like that.

What covvie says makes sense. I can see why that would be distressing but I don't think it's reasonable to expect a company like Target to provide discreet shipping of what is, as far as they're concerned, a really run of the mill product. This is one of the big reasons why the specialty suppliers get most of the ABDL business.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Well yeah what did you expect?

I don't know if this is just the way the US deals with things but here in Canada, that wouldn't have been shipped like that. At the very least, it would have been put into slightly larger box.

Clarity said:
Well yeah what did you expect?

I expected it to be like the last 4 or 5 times I ordered from them, all of the previous times I've ordered these cases from target they were boxed up in special shipping boxes. I've come to expect a certain level of service from Target after dealing with them for several transactions, same with walmart and amazon, they have all ALWAYS boxed things in a bigger box. This is the first time it's happened and frankly it's going to be the last.

-How would you all feel it attends or bambinos or any other sort of adult diaper case that was clearly marked was left on your FRONT PORCH, OPEN TO THE WORLD, and your PARENTS got the box?- I don't think any one of you would be happy.

That's pretty bad shipping practice. I'm sorry that happened to you :(

Though the packaging would be subject to possible shipping damage, the product itself (the diapers) are very unlikely to be damaged in shipment, due to not being even slightly fragile, and relatively lightwegith. Also cosidering the low cost of the product and low markup you paid, it doesn't make sense for them to box it unless there's some additional circumstances. (like the customer paying extra for discrete shipping)

I doubt any parent would want to pay more for discrete shipping of diapers for their child. (though some older children may object if they're embarassed about their bedwetting and don't want the neighbor kids to know!) Adult diapers OTOH have a much more significant chance of wanting to be shipped discretely. (they also cost a lot more to replace if damaged in shipment, and the big increase in weight greatly increases the odds of damage)

If you wanted discrete shipping, you'd either need to order them from somewhere that specifically guarantees it, or order a larger quantity. (like a case.. of 8 or whatever those come in) The cases for those are probably made to be unit-cases inside protective pallates so they're made of very thin posterboard cardboard (like a large case of baby diapers), not suitable for shipping, and would have to get double-boxed anyway to survive shipping.

Next time you go to try this, I'd suggest running your idea by us here to see what the concensus is on whether or not it's going to be shipped discrete. (we get asked that sort of question here pretty frequently)

seams like target got lazy in their shipping department
it's not hard to put a box of diapers in a plain outer box for shipping
talk about embarrassing, I would complain too

When my daughter was in diapers Amazon would normally ship the case just by putting a label on it. Most retailers would think it is a parent ordering for their children and not worry about discretion. Only an ABDL company would think about shipping an item like that discreetly. Did your dad say anything about it?

I'll admit it was disconcerting when it first happened to me, but if you stop a moment and think about it there is nothing wrong with the practice. Just because you or I may want it to arrive in an outer box to hide the contents doesn't mean they will be. Even if Amazon, WalMart or whomever put one case inside another box in the past doesn't mean they will do so again in the future. If you are only ordering a case of diapers it is very unlikely to be put into an outer shipping box. If it is a single case of diapers and some other items, they might combine them into a single box but it isn't guaranteed. If it is multiple cases of diapers, with or without other items, expect that most, if not all, of the diapers will be shipped as-is.

If you want to be sure the contents will be hidden in the future don't order by the case; order the jumbo or mega packs instead. Those should always be boxed since they are simply plastic wrapped and are not really suitable for shipping. Yes, it will cost more, but that is the price you have to pay if you want that level of privacy.

Just from a product integrity point of view I find that unacceptable as the box is clearly knocked around from transit.

From a discretion POV it is really poor, almost surprised they didn't scrawl in fluro marker "YOUR CHILDS BEDWETTING PRODUCTS INSIDE BOX"

Definitely file a grievance.

bambinod said:
Though the packaging would be subject to possible shipping damage, the product itself (the diapers) are very unlikely to be damaged in shipment, due to not being even slightly fragile, and relatively lightwegith. Also cosidering the low cost of the product and low markup you paid, it doesn't make sense for them to box it unless there's some additional circumstances. (like the customer paying extra for discrete shipping)

I doubt any parent would want to pay more for discrete shipping of diapers for their child. (though some older children may object if they're embarassed about their bedwetting and don't want the neighbor kids to know!) Adult diapers OTOH have a much more significant chance of wanting to be shipped discretely. (they also cost a lot more to replace if damaged in shipment, and the big increase in weight greatly increases the odds of damage)

If you wanted discrete shipping, you'd either need to order them from somewhere that specifically guarantees it, or order a larger quantity. (like a case.. of 8 or whatever those come in) The cases for those are probably made to be unit-cases inside protective pallates so they're made of very thin posterboard cardboard (like a large case of baby diapers), not suitable for shipping, and would have to get double-boxed anyway to survive shipping.

Next time you go to try this, I'd suggest running your idea by us here to see what the concensus is on whether or not it's going to be shipped discrete. (we get asked that sort of question here pretty frequently)

Um, K. I'm not trying to be w/e here but, I'm not a noob to shipping, and that was a case like the large cases of baby diapers, I'm frankly surprised it survived the shipping trip at all. Not to mention there are gaping holes in the box leaving the contents exposed to the world/elements. I appreciate the offer of running ideas past you but I've been a member of this site for over a year and I frankly find your tone condescending.

I've ordered from Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Amazon, and Ebay, Target has always been the best with shipping stuff promptly (Usually within the same week) And discretely. I've NEVER had this problem with them before they've never shipped a case to me like this before, not to mention half of the damn shipping tags on it WERE FALLING OFF. This is a display case, the one they put on the shelf, I've gotten the 'shipping case' before, and it's a plain brown carboard box that says "Goodnites" on the site of it in tiny black writing. They're not allowed to ship these specific cases like this.

- - - Updated - - -

covvie said:
I'll admit it was disconcerting when it first happened to me, but if you stop a moment and think about it there is nothing wrong with the practice. Just because you or I may want it to arrive in an outer box to hide the contents doesn't mean they will be. Even if Amazon, WalMart or whomever put one case inside another box in the past doesn't mean they will do so again in the future. If you are only ordering a case of diapers it is very unlikely to be put into an outer shipping box. If it is a single case of diapers and some other items, they might combine them into a single box but it isn't guaranteed. If it is multiple cases of diapers, with or without other items, expect that most, if not all, of the diapers will be shipped as-is.

If you want to be sure the contents will be hidden in the future don't order by the case; order the jumbo or mega packs instead. Those should always be boxed since they are simply plastic wrapped and are not really suitable for shipping. Yes, it will cost more, but that is the price you have to pay if you want that level of privacy.

It was a multiple-item order, they deliberatly went out of their way to put it on it's own box. That's what pisses me off about it, the other package containing the rest of my order (Which hasn't even arrived yet -_-) Came from the same place.

It is coming from the same company, yes, but not necessarily the same warehouse.

wow i have never seen such discrete packaging in my whole life

Argent said:
Just from a product integrity point of view I find that unacceptable as the box is clearly knocked around from transit.

From a discretion POV it is really poor, almost surprised they didn't scrawl in fluro marker "YOUR CHILDS BEDWETTING PRODUCTS INSIDE BOX"

Definitely file a grievance.

This is how I feel. Kids can be very cruel, and if another visiting friend sees that on the porch, etc., there could be serious problems. I order Goodnites from Amazon on a regular basis and they have always been boxed. I did notice with my last order that the return label said in very small print, Diapers. Most people would never notice. I noticed because I was curious. I order them by 28 or 30 in a package, depending on the deal.

#lazy. sucks some companys do that. :/

covvie said:
It is coming from the same company, yes, but not necessarily the same warehouse.

Package tracking says they were both boxed for shipping in the same warehouse in the same zipcode and address and state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back