Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSamsara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Had a tooth pulled today. I'm afraid to sleep with my paci tonight bc I don't want to get dry socket. Anyone have any experience with this. It was not a fun experience. Had my Unicorn Jaszmyne with me and I was so scared I was shaking. Dentist didn't say a word to me but his assistant was nice and talked me through it. Still didn't keep me from shaking tho :p It is not a fun place for me....
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 65
Man I hate the dentist. I always go padded, helps me not rip the dentist chair apart. Last time the dental assistant sat there lightly stroking my arm to calm me down, and it really worked.

Pulluplover said:
Man I hate the dentist. I always go padded, helps me not rip the dentist chair apart.

Could not agree more. I needed a filing popped in, and going padded really took the edge off the nerves. I then just spent the rest of the day drooling everywhere whilst the anaesthetic wore off!

Gee, I wish i had my stuffed animal way back when i got my root canals, those sucked.

Would have even been nice when I had my arm pit hair waxed~~~not fun, although i think i would rather have my arm pit hair waxed than get a tooth pulled.

Awe, I'm sorry LilSamsara. I hope you get to feeling better. I'm about to have to go in and have some oral surgery myself. But I know what you're going through, I never really lost my teeth like I was supposed too. I almost always had to go to the dentist and have them pulled...

Hope you feel better soon.

I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at once a long time ago but the doctor had me in the hospital for that. It wasn't too bad but if it was done in the dentist office, it probably would have been worse.

I had to have a tooth pulled last month and I chose the "twilight" anesthesia, so I was completely out. I hate going to the dentist and having a tooth pulled freaks me out. I went into the room and soon it was, "Dogboy has left the building!"

best thing for any dentist vist is to have earbuds and some sport of mp3 player stocked with music you like. I perfer to do rock songs like..

[video=youtube;SBjQ9tuuTJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ[/video]

Fire2box said:
best thing for any dentist vist is to have earbuds and some sport of mp3 player stocked with music you like.

This sounds like a great idea!... I'm sure they will be a next time

Been 36 hrs since I've had my paci.. Driving me bonkers! :(

Hope you feel better soon, :)
I actually don't mind going to the dentist (though I've never had anything really extreme happen to me) I normally just sit back and listen to my dentist talk with her colleague about random TV shows :)

aww, hope you get better soon.

*virtual hug*

If you are worried about a dry socket (Like I was, I just had a tooth pulled a few weeks ago!) Then let me share some info that may help you out.

First, if your extraction was from your top row of teeth, relax, I've heard some dentists that have been pulling teeth for 10+ years say they've never seen a dry socket on an upper row of teeth.

Second, if you start to feel some jagged bony protrusion in your extraction site, yes it is bone but especially in wisdom teeth this is perfectly normal. Bone fragments from beneath the tooth are being pushed by the gums as they close the empty hole. It will either fuse with the bone in the jaw or be pushed out harmlessly on its own :)

SOURCE: I looked this stuff up when it happened to me because it worried me a lot.

I just had all of my upper and most of my lower teeth extracted. I have had little to no enamel on them since birth. It took me 3 *years* to be able to get up the nerve to go. I wished that I had spot and bunny with me yesterday but I didn't have either. I don't do pain well. I actually want my paci as it might fit my mouth better with the teeth that remain. Mommy says I can't have it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back