do you regress at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely try to pad up and have a bottle before bed most nights. Last time I tried sleeping in underwear, I was tossing and turning, and since I have cuddle pants to spare, I figured "why not".

So yes, I do tend to regress at night (since that's when everyone in my house is asleep, and thus is the only time I can actually do it). There's nothing to make a good night quite like settling in a diaper and footies, having a bedtime bottle, and cuddling up with a plushie.

I do every single night. I wear a nappy and a onesie and have a dummy. I think I'd find it quite difficult now to fall asleep without having my dummy.

Gemmy said:
Do you regress at night?

I ask because the last few nights, I've been on a new anti depression medication, and it gives me insomnia.

Last night, I made myself some warm milk, settled with my blanky and my binky, and put on some bubble guppies on tv. Instead of being up all night, after my milk, I was out in like 10 minutes, and my binky never left my mouth all night...

Is this okay? Like, is this a healthy way to get to sleep? Or should I be taking the addictive sleeping pills my doctor gave me for insomnia?

I was going to be like, of course it's okay.. but then I realized by the way you ended it that you weren't actually asking if it's okay.

Yes, it's obviously okay though. Not that I think your description of sleep medication is exactly all that fair, for some people the medication helps them sleep and that's okay. If you have found an alternative means of doing so that works better for you though, that's beautiful and wonderful.

I myself? I am the princess of the bed fort, and I of course require mommy to tuck me in and if she is feeling up to it.. read me a lovely bedtime story.

This used to be the only way I did things. A bottle of warm strawberry milk, maybe a pb and j, then snuggling down into my bed and watching cartoons until I fell asleep. Bliss!

Milk and sleep in 10 minutes?! As someone who's suffered from insomnia a lot, and who's also taken meds for it - TAKE THE MILK!

Basically, yes. Just about every night I have my pacifier and plushies to cuddle. Sometimes I sleep padded.

Regression to babyhood is the only way I can get to sleep.

J450N said:
Milk and sleep in 10 minutes?! As someone who's suffered from insomnia a lot, and who's also taken meds for it - TAKE THE MILK!

I usually take some melatonin a few hours before bedtime, then have a chocolate milk laced with some Irish Cream. (Because, honestly, what says "adult baby" like drinking "hard" chocolate or strawberry milk? :)

I do as much as I can. it help to get a better sleep for me

If it helps you sleep why not, I say go for it. If it works and and its convenient for you I say yes. In order for me to sleep at night I have to have one of my plushies with me or I may not get to sleep at all.

In this case if it works - stick with it, way better than any pills. Although if you'd ever get in a situation where regresing is not an option - try asking your doctor beforehand for a different drug. Melatonin did wonders for me and it's not addictive, I'd highly suggest it if it can be mixed with other drugs you take.

Night time is really the only time I can. And since my dad discovered my stash not long ago (no yelling/arguments, he just was a little confused/kinda understood) he doesn't like the idea of me wearing diapers, so my options are only limited to stuffed animals. I hug my unicorn and pony really tight at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back