Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf Hypersensitivity to Criticism

Default Wtf Hypersensitivity to Criticism

This is sort of a follow-up to my other Thread titled "Depression and Self Harm". One of the things that I didn't talk about much in that thread was my crazy and stupid sensitivity to criticism or anything that could possibly be somehow interpreted as criticism.
    What am I even talking about so yeah one example of this would be that I can be in a perfectly good and happy mood in the morning, and anything (doesn't even have to be negative) such as someone telling me to move out of the way for instance can literally make me feel upset for the rest of the day.. Sometimes I get so upset with myself I start cutting my arm or sort of punching myself in the head.. oh yeah, and PANIC ATTACKS as well, did I mention that? Sometimes it's hard to breathe.. (Yah, I know what you're thinking, "ok, Milko's going crazy again..")

Oh yeah and something else is that I seem to be very susceptible to 'catching' other people's bad moods. Like, if I'm perfectly happy and if I even see another member of the family in a frustrated or upset mood then that makes me feel miserable. I always think that it's always my fault even when it has nothing to do with me.

Like, wtf? It literally happens like every day, sometimes a few times. yeah that's the end of this post. Share your thoughts below
    Last edited by Milko; 05-May-2015 at 12:01.

No Miko you are not crazy. or maybe we're both the same level of crazy lol.
    I have days like that too! The littlest thing, even a simple harmless question like what did you do to your hair? can sometimes make me super self conscious for the rest of the day. And when someone criticizes or chastises it well that can stay with me for days. so ya you're not alone OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    Haha do you punch yourself as well? Or is that just me?
    No, the chest pains of panic and anxiety attacks do that for me

- - - Updated - - -

Im sorry that really didn't come out the way I wanted

And of course it is all your fault, so just pull yourself up by your boot straps.

This also goes back to Mandybears thread on depression and the people around you just do not understand what you are going through.

I think the challenge as someone without depression is gaining understanding. So, thank you so much for posting this Milko. I think it's hard for all of us to try and be sensitive, when we're used to just kind of blundering through life, saying what we think and not considering its effect on people except in extreme circumstances. This really does help understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    This also goes back to Mandybears thread on depression and the people around you just do not understand what you are going through.
    Actually Egor, those are under my blog entries

- - - Updated - - -

Miko yes I would suggest reading the second one on my blog. And maybe the first as well, but could be TW heavy.

You could probably benefit from mindfulness meditation. I'm into eastern philosophy and religion and I've been practicing meditation a bit for a couple of years now and it helps being more calm and not get carried away by emotions. I mean you still feel emotions of course but they don't you control as much, it's the opposite of apathy or confusion, you become more focused, calm and have more energy for the things that really matter to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraldinhas View Post
    it helps being more calm and not get carried away by emotions. I mean you still feel emotions of course but they don't you control as much
    LOL. I dont know, that may be easy for guys to do, but is a wee bit more complicated for girls. we are a more emotional bunch by nature , ya I cant believe I just went there either lol, but its sorta true in ways.

I myself am naturally hypersensitive to criticism, which is an Asperger's Syndrome trait.
    Yes!
    I have Asperger's Syndrome.
    I have days, when I "fall to pieces" cognitively/emotionally.