Thread: Question for iTunes Users

Default Question for iTunes Users

Is there any way to make the Play Count for two songs the same? The reason I ask is because I find it annoying, however nit-picky this is, that a Greatest Hits-style album can have the same exact song as the studio album, but a different play count. Please let me know if there is a way to combine these.

Playcount is the number of times you've listened to the song, I think. So just listen to the one with less plays to get it caught up with the other one?

I don't think you're grasping the OCDness of the problem Abby, your solution works but it just doesn't feel right.

I have this 'problem' but it really doesn't bother me that much (I'm more bothered by the fact that you can't 'stick' two songs together so they play together even when shuffled), or the fact that the play count only changes *after* the song ends, which is annoying because tracks with minutes of silence and then a secret track never get counted.

To answer the question: There's very little you can do, other than Abby's solution.
    Just don't buy Best Ofs or Greatest Hits.
    (Or delete the track from one of the albums?)

delete one of them, the one with lesser quality. Unless they are someho diffrent, like I have It Ends Tonight in regular and acoustic, still the latter sounds MUCH better.