Anyone have experience with Depend brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
So I have a question.

Has anyone had experience with Depend brand diapers (Depend Protection with Tabs, Maximum)? I noticed they're about $17 a pack at my local walmart, and I was wondering if these would be a good starting point, or if there is another brand/style that would be better?

TIA for your input ^^

Gemmy said:
So I have a question.

Has anyone had experience with Depend brand diapers (Depend Protection with Tabs, Maximum)? I noticed they're about $17 a pack at my local walmart, and I was wondering if these would be a good starting point, or if there is another brand/style that would be better?

TIA for your input ^^

For many of us here, myself included, started with the Depends as my first true adult diaper with tabs (Goodnites before that). They aren't a terrible one to start with. They're available almost everywhere, so you can get them easily.

Give them a try. I will warn, that they won't be something you'll be able to wear for several hours / wettings. My memories of using them was a "use it once & throw away".

Over time you'll get some of the premium ones. They're not in stores around me, so I order online. Molicares Super Plus are my favorites. Abenas are also good. Northshore Supreme briefs. Try a few out & see what fits you best. Everyone's body is different. What I like for the fit & feel, might not be right for someone else.

Some online sites will allow you to order sample packs. They'll usually have two of a particular brand, so you can try them out.

I think everyone has at some point or other. ;) I used to wear them almost exclusively, mostly because they're easy to find but at least partly because I actually like them. However, you'll likely prefer a premium diaper like the Abena M4. They're harder to find (unless you're able to order online) and more expensive, but they last a lot longer and they're usually a lot thicker than Depends. The biggest issue with Depends is that they don't really hold a lot, and you'll likely have to change more often than you would if you were wearing a premium brand (this is assuming you plan on wetting your diapers). If convenience is important then yeah, Depends are fine. If you can find premium diapers, go with those instead. And either way, let us know what happens!

Most things you would find online will be better but depending on what you like, you could have a hard time finding better diapers retail. They fulfill my minimum requirements of a diaper (plastic outer shell and tapes). The white and discretion from the slim fit are also a plus on occasion. I just like having them around as part of my possible range of choices.

I have used them off and on, they're about $10 a pack where I live. However at $17 a pack, I'd probably just order some m4's on amazon. They're not a whole lot more, I think I saw like around $22-$25 a pack.

I to started with them after wearing real fit for men, I quickly found out that they are not the best diaper out there they are thin can leak easy and are not that comfortable. I tried a Abena Air plus level 2 as my day time diaper and never looked back. I have switched to the Abena Level 4 in both air and Plastic backed versions for my main day and night time diapers.

Buy premium diapers you will be glad you did. Another diaper to try is the dry 24/7 it's a great diaper

So I'm doing research on different brands and designs, and I'm definitely wanting to go with something like the DC Amor from Diaperconn, (Love the cute designs), but my biggest roadblock is the price. I wish that this sort of thing was more common, and accessible...

The Depend brand is ~$1/diaper, as opposed to the premium brands it seems...

That, and being Canadian, i find that every distributor loves to charge us an arm and a leg for shipping.

So I'm holding off on buying anything for a little while, I might try some of those free samples that I see offered around.

Anyone know of anywhere that is offering free samples to Canadians? I'd love any and all assistance ^^

~Gemmy

Gemmy said:
So I'm doing research on different brands and designs, and I'm definitely wanting to go with something like the DC Amor from Diaperconn, (Love the cute designs), but my biggest roadblock is the price. I wish that this sort of thing was more common, and accessible...

That, and being Canadian, i find that every distributor loves to charge us an arm and a leg for shipping.

So I'm holding off on buying anything for a little while, I might try some of those free samples that I see offered around.

Anyone know of anywhere that is offering free samples to Canadians? I'd love any and all assistance ^^

~Gemmy

http://agecomfort.com/categories/Incontinence/Adult-Diapers/?sort=bestselling

1. Free shipping on orders over $50
2. Free samples
3. Great prices on Abenas
4. Canadian :)

Shop by category > Incontinence > FREE Samples

There's your click sequence. Hopefully that will help.

Amcon said:
Shop by category > Incontinence > FREE Samples

There's your click sequence. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks! Shipping is a little expensive, but if I can sell one of my PS3 games, I should be able to get a 5-pack of samples ^^

Yep, Depend is often the "gateway drug" to adult diapers. They're currently all I can do at the moment, but the rumors are true: they aren't very good, and getting premium diapers that will last longer is almost certainly a better - and not significantly more expensive - bet.

Gemmy said:

depend isn't worth that. it's more like a ~$.5 diaper (and can be had for that much at retail stores in the US). The only redeeming qualities about them are that they're cheap, readily available, and plastic backed. As others have said, you can get one use out of them pretty much before you run danger of leaking.

417PlacesToGo said:
Yep, Depend is often the "gateway drug" to adult diapers. They're currently all I can do at the moment, but the rumors are true: they aren't very good, and getting premium diapers that will last longer is almost certainly a better - and not significantly more expensive - bet.

One thing you can do with Depends is double them up. I used to use a pair of scissors to cut slits (say, five or six) into the padding of the first diaper, then put a second one on overtop. That made them last a bit longer. If you're going to do that, make sure you're putting your diaper on overtop something (e.g., while lying on a change pad or towel--I use a towel). Some of the padding will fall out.

hti24 said:
One thing you can do with Depends is double them up. I used to use a pair of scissors to cut slits (say, five or six) into the padding of the first diaper, then put a second one on overtop. That made them last a bit longer. If you're going to do that, make sure you're putting your diaper on overtop something (e.g., while lying on a change pad or towel--I use a towel). Some of the padding will fall out.

Yeah, this is what I do. I usually just rip slits in them with my big, manly fingernails [emoji16] It's worth pointing out for newer people that if you're going to double- or more diaper, you have to do it from the beginning; adding layers after you've used a diaper doesn't work so well in my experience. I leaked everywhere the other night after I tried doing that.

If there is no medical supply store near you and you don't feel like ordering online Depends are not the worst thing out there. They are plastic backed with decent tapes.

Well I'm sure almost all of us have had at least run-in with those diapers in our life. Odds are it is one of the first diapers many of us start with, being easily available at most supermarkets all over town and one of the only ones in stores worth buying.

If this is one of your first diapers you're trying, it's not bad. You may opt to buy some boosters with it, such as Depend Boost or even Poise Maximum pads, since the Depend Maximum are thin and don't have a very high capacity. They're an okay starter diaper, but when you put them alongside Abena M4s, Molicare Super Plus, or Dry 24/7s, they don't even compare.

If your strapped for cash, you could go for store brands including Depend. As others have said they usually are the gateway diaper. Moving on to premium brands is like going from a Geo Metro to a Cadillac. Depend would be great if they actually add more padding because they have gray features. Moving up the scale of diapers is a fun experience. It's like Christmas joy getting something new and better.

Depends are paper thin compared to what they used to be back in the 1980's and early 90's
now they suck!! big time
unless your a light wetter

They're my main diaper. Whether or not they're worthwhile depends on your circumstances. They're only about $12 where I live, and easily buyable at Walmart (I use the self-checkout- you can check my last blog post from 5 months ago for the details). I can't get anything online, since I don't have a card or any way of paying, and I still live with my parents, and I'm gone alot so they'd probably be shipped while I was out of the house, so there's no real way for me to get better diapers online. They're not stellar in terms of performance, but if you're like me and don't wear and use diapers over a long period ("Wet 'em and forget 'em"), they do their job just fine. Better than alot of pullups.

So, in summary: They're cheap and easily available (though at $17 a pack where you live, the "cheap" part is debatable). They absorb well enough for one moderate usage or so. Good starting point, but if you have money and privacy, you're better off getting something online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back