Not open for further replies.

Milko

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
Mainly AB/DL related hate, (things like youtube comments or on other websites, negative comments from people in public etc.).

For me, I normally just try to ignore it but it does make me kinda angry, especially when people make stupid generalisations or assumptions. But I never respond to it since I don't want to feed haters the reactions they want.

I usually don't react to it - usually I just roll my eyes and move on. It's not a big deal to me, I guess, because it doesn't really affect my life outside of one moment of 'ugh'. I don't care that much what complete strangers think of me. It would only bother me if someone I cared about felt that way because then it would be more personal. If someone I didn't know that well made disparaging remarks about ABDLs, I'd probably ask why they cared so much or state that it sounded like a harmless kink.

People in general disliking the thought of ABDLs is kinda 'meh' to me because it's not like it has any legal or real life repercussions for me. I get much more upset over people disliking gay, trans, etc. people, because I think that has a lot more potential for harm.

I try very hard to be empathetic to a point. If it's someone who directly seems uncomfortable with it in like.. a conversation with me, I try to engage with them. I try to find out what's bothering them about it, and help set any records straight or help people understand. To a point. There is a point where sometimes you just have to eject yourself for your own happiness. Especially if it seems like a losing battle. It just helps me feel better to try.

Pretty much in the same way I respond to hate about being trans, but more frequently and with honestly better results usually.

I would ignore it and pretend that the person didn't say anything. Usually the person is trying to provoke a response and if you react to them, you have lost half the battle. Also, by keeping quiet you have a much lower chance of saying something wrong. One wrong phrase could either get you in trouble, or provoke the person further.

For myself, I usually stick to the above principle, unless they start to attack my family. It is ok to attack me. But it is not okay to attack my loved ones.

It depends heavily on the context. I'm not going to write an essay in a YouTube comment, nor insult someone that I think has genuine curiosity or confusion.

In general, I take the following steps.

1. Do I have time to deal with the person. If not, I'm finished.

2. Is the location of the speech appropriate for discussion?

3. Does the speaker appear to be invested in the conversation? This is a big one. If the comment was one and done, there's no ping discussing. They need to be open to talking, which you can figure out from how they posted.

4. If 1-3 let me keep going, I'll try to address the speaker's concerns. For me, that means investigating why the person is upset and trying to logically and ethically convince the person that they should see ABDL in a different way.

5. I generally approach activities from a moral standpoint that activities that give someone joy without causing harm to others are, at worst, morally neutral. They've never wrong or evil. That's a viewpoint I try to spread and convince people to accept.

I don't really care unless it's someone who is a advocate. But other than that, I have no respect for anyone who is a AB/DLphobic. My ex was one and well my mistake so that is why I hate anyone who is and has my ex's attitude or who reminds me of such. It's easy to ignore and not care if they are just random people but if they are certain people, then I care.

I try not to care but inside I'm super sensitive and have a hard time getting over negative comments about my personality. If people give me strange looks, I dont care, but if they verbally confront me with their negativity then I get really sad.

Good thread :)

ArchieRoni said:
It depends heavily on the context. I'm not going to write an essay in a YouTube comment, nor insult someone that I think has genuine curiosity or confusion.

In general, I take the following steps.

1. Do I have time to deal with the person. If not, I'm finished.

2. Is the location of the speech appropriate for discussion?

3. Does the speaker appear to be invested in the conversation? This is a big one. If the comment was one and done, there's no ping discussing. They need to be open to talking, which you can figure out from how they posted.

4. If 1-3 let me keep going, I'll try to address the speaker's concerns. For me, that means investigating why the person is upset and trying to logically and ethically convince the person that they should see ABDL in a different way.

5. I generally approach activities from a moral standpoint that activities that give someone joy without causing harm to others are, at worst, morally neutral. They've never wrong or evil. That's a viewpoint I try to spread and convince people to accept.

These Points are very on par. One of the big things that I could see being important is that one speculates how the person will react. If one seems far too bigoted for a conversation to even continue, whats the point of beginning a conversation on ABDL in the first place?

Most of the time if they try and make fun or hate I laugh at them and then get under their skin until they are the ones who are angry and they are the losers but always make sure presumptions are corrected in the process.

Have you ever had to put these viewpoints into play in person? I never have, and probably will never (in person) have to.
I think once I wanted to write a YouTube reply to someone with a big huge anti-ABDL argument, but I was, at the time, sharing a computer with my roommate, so I didn't want him to stumble upon my user account history.

i laugh at there stupidity mainly

Yeah, I mostly feel sorry for haters because they typically are stupid. They can't help being slow, anymore than I can help liking to wear diapers. I normally ignore haters but I don't support them either. I won't patronize Chick fillet or other places that discriminate. Living as a gay male in college, I had my life threatened a number of times. That was scary of course, but all those early pioneers who dared to be open have changed our society, probably one person at a time.

As has been suggested, my response is conditioned on several factors.

Basically, I ignore it expect if it was specifically directed to me or was in a discussion I was having. In these cases, I try to figure whether the person commenting was joking or not or is very set in their ways. In these case, I also ignore it.

The only time I would try to correct or give my two cents worth is if the person seemed acceptable to new information.

I don't think I have ever had to do this. ABDL just doesn't come up with the people I correspond or talk to (ADISC excepted). And I am not a very go debater, so I tend not to talk.

No reaction; not worth my time.

Ignore it, sometimes laugh, but mostly ignore because I really don't care. I know ABDL is weird, and don't expect it to be something people magically wrap their brains around and understand.

Besides that, other way I look at it. I know about ABDL and the community, I know it isn't pedo or anything, so why should a youtube/forum/twitter comment matter? It's youtube/twitter, if someone ever said (in public), "So I read this thing on youtube comments yesterday..." No matter what it is, they are probably getting smacked upside the head before finishing for paying any attention to youtube comments.

Twitter people might take more seriously, but ehhh...it's still twitter and thus full of trolls and idiots.

I've been lucky so far, but if it's anything like the shouting I've had in the street (punk types can get shouted at a lot) then I'll just say either to them or myself "someone's parents didn't raise them well" and move on. I've got colouring to do.

Keep in mind that YouTube Comments are the scourge of the earth and nothing written as a comment should ever be taken seriously. So I don't care what anyone has to say on there since I don't read any comments on the site.

As for hate in general, I generally just roll my eyes and move on. I have no time to waste on these closed minded bigots, and any complaints or hate they want to send me, whether it's for ABDL reasons or any other possible reason, they can feel free to send their complaint to my middle finger.

People that hate are those who don't understand AB/DL. I ignore the little tramps and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back