Exclusive Review! New DC Amors (releasing June 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatelynG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Really excited to be finally posting a review of these! These are slated to come out in June if there are no further delays, and spoiler: I'm really excited!

-------------------------------------

The DC Amor is the all-pink diaper from Diaper Connoisseur (diaperconn.com), usually marketed towards those who want a "girly" diaper.

This is a review of the medium size (no rated waist size but comparable to other premium diapers), obtained late April 2015 (pre-release). Large will also be available when the diaper is publicly available.

Appearance, Size, and Features

The DC Amor is pink. That's really the best way to sum it up - everything about it is as pink as humanly possible. The plastic is pink with light-pink/white sparkles (not glitter), the front panel is covered in puppies and kitties wearing pink, and a pink flowery pattern runs down the length of the diaper along each leg cuff.

to1FRjn.jpg

CHd6HfA.png

Front and back of folded diaper

Three of the diapers were stacked, pressed down with a heavy object (a PS3), and measured to give an average height. The stack was measured at approximately 9.8cm, giving an average thickness of about 3.3cm each. I have to retract my previous comment about their thickness - I had claimed that they were thinner than other premium diapers, but even compared to Bellissimos, these are plenty thick. Not sure why I initially thought that, but now you know.

NkQxwaa.png

3 diapers stacked

The DC Amor has two single-use tapes per side. They are virtually identical to the tapes found on Bambino diapers, with all of the strengths and weaknesses inherent. You can technically remove and re-stick them, but they won't stick as well the second time. Also, definitely rub the tapes after applying them, as the heat and pressure will help them stick a bit better. The only problem I really had with these was the bottom left tape ripping on two of the three diapers. It only happened when they were full to the point of actually leaking, so as long as you're not leaving puddles, you should be fine (20+ hours or over 2L of liquid), but it's a black mark on an otherwise near-perfect diaper.

IEZumqc.png

The tapes

I laid out the diaper and measured its dimensions. These are organized below for simplicity:

Length: 84 cm
Width at center: 23 cm between the elastics, 34 cm from edge-to-edge
Width at wings: 67 cm

s8FiRdF.png

Sm2Fye3.png

Front and back of unfolded diaper

Performance and Fit

In order to measure the capacity of the diaper, I wore it and poured water down the front via a funnel/tubing system 100 mL at a time followed by 30 seconds of sitting accompanying each pour, recording any observations I made and repeating. I concluded the test when the diaper leaked.

The diaper did not leak at all until after 2500mL, giving a max capacity of around 2400mL. This is extremely competitive compared to other top-of-the-line diapers. The diaper was fairly squishy and swelled a very noticeable amount (it would likely cause you to waddle).

When refolded and measured, the diaper had swollen to 10.5 cm, around 3.2 times the dry thickness.

En5MF1f.png

Dry diaper next to full diaper after quantitative test

My waist size is about 28 inches, at the bottom of where I'd expect a medium diaper to fit well. It fit basically exactly how any other medium size diaper does on me - a bit big, but still comfortable to wear.

To test the diaper out in a real life scenario (despite it definitely being a play diaper), I wore it for a day until it leaked. I put the diaper on at around 2:30pm one day and it did not leak until 9:30am the next morning. I wet the diaper as often as possible to avoid clumping, so I am unable to provide an accurate estimate of the number/size of wettings.

Obviously the diaper wasn't discreet, though the plastic wasn't as loud as some. It was definitely noticeably thick, though as I've been used to wearing Bellissimos exclusively when padded for a while now, it wasn't more than normal. The diapers were scented (which I am told will be optional), but it smelled more like a perfume or scented soap/lotion than a "diaper" odor. The scent actually worked perfectly to mask the scent of urine - these created noticeably less odor than any diaper I've used previously.

The one issue I had with these (aside from the aforementioned ripping tape, which didn't actually affect my wearing at all) was the fact that the pink stuff rubs off on clothing. I had no idea this was an issue until I changed out of the pants I was wearing and they were covered in pink. This is the only issue that I'd really consider "major" - aside from that, these are actually my favorite diapers pretty much ever.

Also, here's a bonus picture of how the diaper fits on a person!

ese1d1Q.png

Price and Final Thoughts

I got these diapers from Diaper Connoisseur, where they will soon be available in four separate quantities: $6.49 for a two-diaper sample pack ($3.25/diaper), $26.99 for a single 12 pack ($2.25/diaper), $49.99 for two packs/24 diapers ($2.08/diaper), or $69.99 for a case of 48 ($1.46/diaper).

These are very adorable and girly play diapers and compete with the best diapers currently on the market performance-wise. I absolutely love them and will definitely want to get some more. The two main issues are a potential issue with malfunctioning tapes (which, again, didn't affect me at all but should be mentioned regardless) and the pinkness getting on clothes. Just make sure to wear something pink over top if you get some of these!

One last note: apparently the final revision will be about 10% larger by mass (in SAP/absorbent material), so it may end up absorbing a bit more and being a bit thicker. I'll update if that ends up being the case!

If you have any questions/comments, make sure to let me know below!

Thanks for the review. I am waiting for June to order a sample and try them myself. They sound great!

I've been looking forward to these though I hope the pink rubbing off thing is fixed. Stiiiiiiill~! June can't get here quick enough! Great review!

Thanks for the review! I've been wondering what the new version would be like. How is their wicking ability?

Kate
Good Concise review, Thank you for the review. I will order some in June. Will try them out for sure !

I would love to try these but I won't be able to get some for a while though. Thanks for the review and I will be sure to get them as soon as a I can.

Wow, thanks for the review! Can't wait!

They look like they come out the same factory as comficare diapers and if so they'll be great diapers

Great review!

Any idea from Jeremy when they'll be released?

babybobby said:
Any idea from Jeremy when they'll be released?

KatelynG said:
These are slated to come out in June if there are no further delays

DC Amor Page said:
http://diaperconn.com/product.php?id_product=59
Latest update (4/21/15): The new Amor diapers are now on the ship and on their way! Now that I have a solid idea of how soon I can immediately fill orders, I will enable pre-orders for those who would like to get their hands on these as quickly as possible. From now until the diapers are in stock, I will periodically post updates to keep everyone informed of their status! The ship should arrive at the destination port 19-21 days from now. After that allow another 2 or so weeks for customs clearance and potential CET exam detention.

They should be in port by Tuesday. Give it another couple weeks for customs processing, and they should through the port by the end of Memorial Day Weekend. I'd expect these to be shipping no earlier the first week of June after allowing for time for these to get to Jeremy.

I wouldn't mind trying these; the print is rather cute. Alas, ordering online is impossible in my living situation...

pricing by the case is on par with other premiums. are those cases freeship?

The pink coloring rubbing off could be a problem, especially if it stains and doesn't come out in the wash. Have you verified the pink washes out? Any idea where it's coming from? (shell body, pink swirls opposite the leak guards, or front tape panel?)

How would you rate the leak guards? Specifically, are they a decent height? Some diapers have leak guards that I swear are 1/3" high and are essentially useless.

How about sap shedding? Do you get sap beads running loose when changing out of a very wet diaper? (bambino are best known for that)

Last I checked, DC didn't have free shipping. The pink seems to be coming from the body of the diaper but apparently there isn't even supposed to be ink on the outside so I have no idea why it got on my clothes. I actually hadn't washed the pair of pajama pants I wore over the diaper, so I'll report back in the next couple of days when I do. The leak guards seemed fine to me, but I didn't really have enough for more than the one day use test so I can't say with 100% certainty. Definitely didn't have problems with SAP shedding, but then again, I've never had problems with Bambinos with that either.

@kimba -- just have the box held at the ups.

I love love love these. I've never had any issue with pink ink coming off from the 1st generation. Jeremy is awesome.

Toronto DC Amor (unofficial) brand representative

Kate ,
Update from Website of Jeremy,
Latest update (5/12/15): My forwarder has advised me that the goods should be arriving in port by May 19th!

So it looks like first week of June before he gets these in house so he can process orders out. -My assumption .

KatelynG said:
I hadn't washed the pair of pajama pants I wore over the diaper, so I'll report back in the next couple of days when I do.

have you asked Jeremy about the "pink issue"? That's stopping me from preordering at the moment. Please report back when you can. Thanks for sharing!

babybobby said:
have you asked Jeremy about the "pink issue"? That's stopping me from preordering at the moment. Please report back when you can. Thanks for sharing!

I've asked him about it and he says he's never had issues with it; the ink is actually on the inside instead of the outside of the plastic for that reason. Not sure what happened to my clothes then, but I'll probably do laundry in the next couple of days and make sure it washes out.

Great review! I'd have to ditto what the Pointer Sisters said, many, many moons ago.
I'm SO excited! and I just can't hide it!! I'm about to loose control and I think I like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqwG_rQx7A

Finally finished my laundry! Just wanted to let everyone know 100% for sure that if you have problems with getting pink on your clothes, it washes out just fine. Honestly, with the amount of time I wore that diaper for before I needed to change, it's probably just a consequence of wearing it so ridiculously long and running around while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back