Not open for further replies.

jordan4derby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi,

I hope you can help me with this one. I find it difficult to tell anybody about my interest as I'm an early years teacher. Because i work with children who quite often wear diapers, i think people would get the COMPLETELY wrong idea and use all the negative associations that I'm sure everybody has experienced at least once before. Obviously, theres no need to tell anybody i work with, but is anybody else in a similar boat?

Thanks!

That is indeed a situation where you have to be very careful and I think you're being quite smart by being discreet.

While I don't work with kids, I do work in a profession as a lawyer where I think my coworkers would leap to all the wrong conclusions if they found out.

ADISC is always here if you feel like taking about your ABDL side.

There is a predictable bias in the what one sees in the broader ABDL community towards people who make themselves visible. This can give the false impression that it's desirable or typical for ABDLs to be much more public about being ABDL than most actually are.

I'd expect most ABDLs to be very discrete about being ABDL because they are making exactly this kind of calculation. If one needs or expects to need a professional image for one's career, being public about ABDL is playing with fire. In 2015, it's generally wise, if not necessary for many people's well-being, to keep vanilla and non-vanilla aspects of one's life separate.

That said, there are likely other ABDLs you can meet in person and you can certainly be active in online communities. Just do the most that you safely can to meet your needs.

I work in technology, but for an elementary school, so I am around kids a lot, I guess less than you though. Yeah, this is just something that you make sure not to tell anyone about that might be associated with your work, but it doesn't have to be something to be afraid of. I actually always wear diapers to work, and nobody knows, and if they did, I am sure they would assume that it was for medical reasons, well, unless they see my really cute ones, but main point being, you can still be comfortable as long as you play it safe by wearing normal adult diapers, or something long to cover up anything that looks suspiciously cute.

So far everyone has said what I wanted to say.

So Discursion is the key. As long as you are not taking people some were to tell them/ show them you Diaper then it is none of there business.

Egor

jordan4derby said:
Hi,

I hope you can help me with this one. I find it difficult to tell anybody about my interest as I'm an early years teacher. Because i work with children who quite often wear diapers, i think people would get the COMPLETELY wrong idea and use all the negative associations that I'm sure everybody has experienced at least once before. Obviously, theres no need to tell anybody i work with, but is anybody else in a similar boat?

Thanks!

I feel you. Your conclusions are spot on. Discretion is incredibly important for those of us who work with kids (I'm in the religious sector - so even more fear/crazy than the general population). People will absolutely get the wrong idea if they found out and my career would be over.
Sad but true.
Nothing to do about it but live a quiet life.

I can't imagine why you would want to randomly tell people where you work that you enjoy wearing diapers. If someone was incontinent and had to wear diapers, I could imagine telling your boss just so there wouldn't be gossiping or rumors. But if it's a kink/fetish/lifestyle, whatever we seem to call it, it would be unprofessional to bring it up at the workplace.

For 12 years I worked in IT and taught math at a junior high, and it never would have crossed my mind in the least to expose this very personal part of my life. I still work as a church music director, and to be sure, no one there will ever know. As ArchieRoni said so wisely, this site is a very good place to share and find support in being able to do so. Thank you ADISC and all you great members, including you jordan.

i did meet one person who was a day care worker and she had issue with playing

I myself have that worry also, a good dl friend of mine told me once it was just simpler for him to say when he was ready to be done with the worries of wearing in the work place was just to say "I'm incontinent and need to wear them". I ask him why and he told me that there are so many things that can cause incontinence that at that point it wasn't really any of there business to know else wise. Just what he did, i would probably do the same if "i was found out". He also told me how he was then able to make a friend later that was interested about him,then making it easier to tell more about his likes of diapers. Hope this short story is helpful :)

I don't work with kids but I have children and I don't know how people will take it if I told them I like to wear diapers. But why would we want to tell people we are AB/DL? Is it really that hard to not talk about it? If anyone finds out wear we diapers, just say it's medical if anyone asks and I think it's very unlikely anyone will because they will just assume it's medical.

jordan4derby said:
Hi,

Thanks!

Are there any positive associations with this? The only person in my life who knows is my girlfriend. I'd never tell anyone else. And she is well aware her greatest responsibility in this context is protecting my secret.

Who would you tell? And why? And for what purpose, and to what end?

Not saying you should or shouldn't. But these are all questions you should ask yourself.

Like several others had posted, I'm not sure why you'd want to tell or have the need to tell.

For me, this stuff is very personal. The only people that know about this side of me, are others that I've met and become friends with from sites like this one. It's not an extremely common thing to be into; and can be a bit much for people outside of to grasp and understand.

jordan4derby said:
Hi,

Thanks!

I've to deal with the similar situation. So don't take your diapers to job (if you're not IC) and thoughts about them leave before open the school's door. There's not another way. Some ignorant asshole can do very bad job for you if you come out. I found more than necessary to keep it in my deepest privacy.

Tyger said:
I work in technology, but for an elementary school, so I am around kids a lot, I guess less than you though. Yeah, this is just something that you make sure not to tell anyone about that might be associated with your work, but it doesn't have to be something to be afraid of. I actually always wear diapers to work, and nobody knows, and if they did, I am sure they would assume that it was for medical reasons, well, unless they see my really cute ones, but main point being, you can still be comfortable as long as you play it safe by wearing normal adult diapers, or something long to cover up anything that looks suspiciously cute.

I too work in IT but in a middle school. Today was the first day I wore to school, but I wore a cloth pocket diaper without the insert so it was very thin. I would NEVER let anyone within my district Know about it. Except my wife that is a Special Ed Teacher.

jordan4derby said:
Obviously, theres no need to tell anybody i work with, but is anybody else in a similar boat?

wasn't there a show where a daycare worker went public?...she wore pull-ups to work, then when she came home, she did a few chores, then got into her playpen and regressed while she waits for her husband/daddy.

I had something similar stuck in my head the other day, people would definitely get the wrong idea. It would be best to keep your private life and public life separate due to your line of work.

your working it the right way in being discreet with it. and honestly. if something happens. claim incontinence. and for telling people. there really isnt a need to unless there is a future or reason behind it other than because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back