Thread: Huggies in the uk (sort of)

Default Huggies in the uk (sort of)

I was in a newly opened chain retail store in the UK and noticed they had huggies nappies. IIRC they were Huggies Unistar, but I'll have to double check tomorrow after work. Anyone ever seen these? From my research they are Italian. Huggies also do a brand in russia (I think?) called Huggies Classic.

Maybe someone can shed some light.

Have seen these in home b&mgins, still have a pack of old huggies size 6 from when they where dissspearing from the super markets, with one out it, was disappointed at how small and unstretchy it was, but the pooh bears where cute.

One would assume these would have the same problems but without the nice prints?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNappin View Post
    Have seen these in home b&mgins, still have a pack of old huggies size 6 from when they where dissspearing from the super markets, with one out it, was disappointed at how small and unstretchy it was, but the pooh bears where cute.

One would assume these would have the same problems but without the nice prints?
    The ones at my local store had a blue hippo on, we're a little bigger than the old Huggies and a lot stretchier. Specifically they were Huggies Unistar, an Italian import.

The whole import thing is fairly common in these stores and in the ones where everythings a pound, if they buy in vast quantities when the euro is weak that seems to offset any shipping, pretty common to find food and toiletries with a crudely printed label on the back with ingredients and instructions in english, the joys of free trade around the eu .

B&m or home bargains, I forget which, my local ones are next door to each other, more likely hb

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNappin View Post

As a matter of interest and probably unlikely to get an answer I would imagine, can anybody recall what Pampers boys nappies looked like or describe them from in around the early 1990s? I have no idea when they would have disappeared from supermarkets, but at that stage and when my brother was born there were separate boys and girls pampers nappies. I remember the blue packaging with the face of a baby on them. Reason I ask is that these were the nappies my parents had me in as a baby and would just like to if anyone can recall how they were designed or anything about them.