Status
Not open for further replies.

MinerBaby

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
No way, it's a person! Oh... wait... nevermind, it's a screen. Hi!

Alright, so I was wanting to make AB/DL shirts, but then I realized I sucked. With that, I'm at a lost on what to put onto the shirt. I've now come here to beg for someone to design something for me. I will putting it up for sale on Teespring, if I ever do get someone to design a shirt for me.

You won't go being used, I will fetch a copy of the shirt, and give you full credit if you wish. And if I make a large enough profit to even call it a decent profit, I will provide you a cut of it. That is, if this becomes successful enough to start producing.

I have to say, I think this attempt is a bit.. misguided.

Because although you've expressed that you do intend to try to compensate, you aren't really going about it in a fair way. You still are basically asking for an artist to give you a design. If you are looking for a graphic artist to go into a joint venture with, a more formal.. shared payment system is probably going to be required. Although... I feel like you guys are going to quickly get stuck on something else..

Like.. what are you providing here in this scenerio? If I made a design, why shouldn't I just try to get it going on Teespring myself? Aren't you basically a middle man? I don't see a graphic artist actually going into this venture with you, because they are going to be quickly realizing that you are basically being paid for doing nothing, I'm sorry to be blunt to say.

Basically if you want to go about this, I recommend offering money up front for the design as well. Pay for the design that way it's legally yours and there is no confusion, and then I still would toss a free shirt at them. Go about it the standard business way basically and commission an artist the right way. An artist totally might be willing to make you a design for a certain amount of money, and then you can take the risk and try to make more money off the design. ♥

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.. but I legitimately wanna help you out. Not coming from a trying to be mean sort of place.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just now realizing how selfish it sounds. It's rather late here. I'll come back tomorrow with a fair mind and new set-up, such as the one you recommended.

Well, not offering compensation up front isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are plenty of people training in the field who often have to do butt-loads of pro-bono work before they can even dream of doing a paid job. Now if you're looking for somebody who's been in the field for a long time, then yeah you're gonna hafta shell out the cash to get them to design it for you, unless you know them personally and they'd be willing to do it for free anyways.

Let's put it this way. What you're really offering is to save someone else annoyance. Anyone who has a design could get t-shirts printed themselves. But you're saying, "don't waste your time on that, I'll get it set up and sell them." There's three models for that.

1. You luck out and find someone that only cares about being featured, so you get your design for free and can maybe give away a cut of the profits. This isn't very nice though.

2. You pay upfront, but then keep 100% of the profits. Price will vary by artist.

3. You and the artist do a joint venture where you formally agree on profit splitting before starting. This is usually done if you're interested in longer-term collaboration.

BlackWing said:
Well, not offering compensation up front isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are plenty of people training in the field who often have to do butt-loads of pro-bono work before they can even dream of doing a paid job. Now if you're looking for somebody who's been in the field for a long time, then yeah you're gonna hafta shell out the cash to get them to design it for you, unless you know them personally and they'd be willing to do it for free anyways.
Pfft. Artists of all kinds are encouraged to take non-paying work for 'exposure' all the time. Exposure doesn't pay the bills, and if someone's taking the time and effort to create a design for you, you should be paying them.

Kind of depends what you're into. What cartoons you watched when you were a kid etc.

I'd just like to say I'm decent at graphics, also the t-shirt needs to be made so many ABDLs can wear it publicly but people won't realise what it is unless they are ABDL, that way if you do come across someone wearing it you know they are ABDL

I sew lap neck tshirts and modify them or take one that already fits and make say a frozen image with cotton poplin then cut exactly the size of fusible webbing so it is permanently affixed to the shirt. It took years of sewing and watching hundreds of hours of youtube videos and reading articles to get good results. I enjoy it and always have a project to make something cute. There is alot to it and it is time consuming since we need to make our own patterns...etc but if anyone needs help on how to do something let me know. On this site I can't figure out how to add pictures or album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back