I'm in love with Tena Flex Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaxdep

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was planning on buying more diapers, and i decided to go with Tena Flex Maxi. Mainly because I got them really cheap. After wearing for a few times I can say that this is the perfect diaper to me. It has a belt system, instead of regular tapes. I like it because it's so easy to change or adjust the diaper and my hips don't get all sweaty. It's not the most absorbent diaper out there, but they are really comfortable in my opinion. Plus they are silent and discreet so I can carelessly wear in public but they swell up quite nicely when wet :)
Anyone else prefer belt-diapers over regular tape-diapers?

I recently got a sample of Tena Stretch Super with the sort of Velcro style fastening system. I am in SoCal. Maybe they call them by another name in other places...? Are these the same thing? My results with them were very similar to yours. They worked very well for me (even with a little mess in the seat) and seem more cost effective than my favorite Abenas.

Funny you should post this. I couldn't find a review of them here. So, I was just about to ask if anyone had an opinion on them. Right now, my favorite diaper is the tena stretch super, but I wanted to try the flex maxi, especially with summer coming around.

How do they hold up? Does the belt ever get loose? Do the velcro tabs keep the diaper part up well? Does it leak? Fit well (sizing is a bit different)?

I haven't had any problems with them. They hold up a large wetting well, but I wouldn't wet the same diaper multiple times. The diaper stays on quite well, but if you need to adjust it it's easy and you can do it as many times as you need. I'm not sure how the sizing compares to other diapers. They don't rise as high up the waist as regular diapers.
Abenalover, I think Tena stretch supers are different. Tena flex has a belt in the back that you put around your waist. Then you fasten the front of the diaper to the belt. Also I've heard that Tena products are different in the US than in Europe.

I like them as well for the same reasons you mentioned and also for the fact that because of the belt system makes them look more like baby diapers instead of the usual adult diapers that have huge wing tapes. However I gotta say I had a few too many leaks with them. They're not reliable in my experience.

The good news is if you like diapers similar to the tena flex but without a belt system and no leaks I actually think that the attends adjustable (cloth-like) and attends slip active (plastic with cloth tapes) are way better. The tapes are like the belt system but without being a belt system.

The Tena Super Stretch has been a favorite of mine for years, and I'm just about due for another case. But the Tena Flex, on me, looks and feels too much like a shield. I think they use the same absorbent panel for all sizes and just extend the belt for us larger folks. I see pictures of other people wearing them and the coverage looks like they're diapers without sides. Not on me. Ugh.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
The Tena Super Stretch has been a favorite of mine for years, and I'm just about due for another case. But the Tena Flex, on me, looks and feels too much like a shield. I think they use the same absorbent panel for all sizes and just extend the belt for us larger folks. I see pictures of other people wearing them and the coverage looks like they're diapers without sides. Not on me. Ugh.

-RMS

I've never tried the tena super strech, I can't seem to find them for sale online. But I've seen pictures and they look like the attends adjustable and slip active that I mention on my post above.

TenaStretch.jpg

Fraldinhas, are you in the UK? They're available lots of places here in the States.

-RMS

Not in the UK but in Europe. Do you know of any online stores that have them that I could probably order from?

I'm sorry to say that I don't know of a place in Europe to get them, but it might help to know where you are on the continent.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
I'm sorry to say that I don't know of a place in Europe to get them, but it might help to know where you are on the continent.

-RMS

I live in Portugal. I assume you buy them from a physical place instead of online.

Actually, while I can buy them locally (at a medical supply store across town), I generally buy from diaperbuys.com, which has the best price I've found.

-RMS

I have really mixed feelings about Tenas. Regular and pants are really bad IMO, but strech are pretty cool. Tena Flex is also really decent and discreet. When I have to go out in a diaper because of my bowel problems I sometimes rather wear belted diapers instead of pants It's not always too comfortable to take off trousers when changing, and with pants you don't have much choice. So I usually use Flex then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back