Thread: Lurker No More : The Introduction

Default Lurker No More : The Introduction

Hey everyone, Just wanted to finally post something! (didn't realize that your supposed to! (yeah, yeah... guess you can say I've been trolling the site and not really 'joining') So today this gets rectified. Let's see, a bit of info about me...
    I've been interested in diapers as long as I can remember, and I think I would be more interested in a caregiver role (mommy/daddy/babysitter) rather than the regressive role. I've not tried either but it would be something I would be interested in given the circumstances.

I'm a gamer, an all around tech-junkie as well really, I do a lot of downhill mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding. I love cars and just cruising around.
    I'm on Disability, but I am looking to get some part-time work this summer so I can afford to go camping and things like that!!!

I'd like to think that I'm an easy-going, understanding person, who tries to be easy to get along with. I hate confrontation as it feels like a waste of time and energy. If you'd like to know anything else, or just want to say hi, please don't hesitate! I'm sure like most, I grew up feeling like a freak because of this, and struggled with it for a long time wondering what was wrong with me before I came to be more accepting that this was going to be a part of my life and I was doing more damage to my emotions dealing with the stress of the binge/purge cycle.
    I've been lurking for awhile not really realizing that it was actually a 'thing' here on the site! I've been reading people's posts and getting relief in the fact that I can relate to some posts, which may yield some good advice etc...
    The best part of it, was I didn't feel alone, and I no longer feel like I have to be ashamed. (cautious. maybe) But the size of the AB/DL community was what shocked me the most!
    I have lots that I could put in this post but this is an introduction ! I hope this meets your expectations as far as introductions go!
    I would love to make friendships, and discuss anything from AB stuff to tech questions, or anything else! I am always willing to listen to what someone has to say so ask away!

I'm not sure where this quote came from but It's not mine.
    (I just think it's awesome!) So I'll leave you with it.

"Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up." -Unknown

Welcome m31029, to ADISC! I suspect there are lots who do nothing more than just lurk, but if this group is helping them, then the group is accomplishing something positive. It is always nice when a lurker become visible to us, as you have. Please don't be afraid to participate in the topics ans threads that interest you. In here, all of us are constantly learning more about this part of our lives.

I agree, your quote is awesome!

Once again, welcome.

Howdy and welcome to the group M31029. I think many of us grew up, if not all of us, with the same feelings that you mentioned. I think it's pretty common for almost everyone here, to think that there was something wrong with them. It's a relief for many members to discover that they aren't alone; and that there's actually communities like this one around.

Hopefully, we'll get to see more than just one post from you every 5 years

Don't be shy. Jump right on into the forums. Go searching through the different sub groups and find a topic on a thread that interests you; and get involved. Being a part of this community has done wonders for my ability to be able to talk about this stuff. I'm still somewhat shy / uncomfortable talking about this stuff at first with new people; but it gets easier with time.

hello and welcome to the group
    What kind of games do you play

From lurker to active member, my favorite type of forum goer. Welcome!