Thread: R.I.P James Whitmore

Unhappy R.I.P James Whitmore

Another legendary actor passes...

Actor James Whitmore Dies of Lung Cancer

I think Mr. Whitmore had a very multi-faceted acting career, from movies, TV shows, stage...even doing commercials for dog food in recent years. He'll be greatly missed on the acting scene.

I can only recall him from Shawshake Redemption, but he was pretty awesome in that movie anyways.

Anyways I still want to meet Alan Alda before he passes away. Which is odd considering as a kid I hated it when my dad watch reruns of MASH and now me and him got seasons 1 - 9 of it.

Yes, I remember him as Brooks from Shawshank Redemption as well, which is one of my all-time favorites. His performance was so powerful in that film it actually made me cry the first time I watched it. He sounds like a good guy as well.

I remember him from the Shawshank Redemption. Man that was a great film.

R.I.P Mr. Whitmore.

I remember he was one of the court members in Planet of the Apes, an orangutan. I must have seen it a dozen times before I realized that's who it was. Then there was one where he made himself up to be black and traveled through the south to see how black people were treated. It was called Black Like Me. He made a bunch of movies.

James Whitmore, February 6: The Tony- and Emmy-award winning actor passed away three months after being diagnosed with lunch cancer. He is survived by three sons and eight grandchildren.
    I didn't know "lunch cancer" was so deadly. I better step back from eating lunch so much.

It's always hard to lose the great actors and actresses, and it seems recently we've lost a number of them.