View Poll Results: Do you have problems with mess spillage?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 16.22%
  • No

22 59.46%
  • I do not mess

9 24.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Messing without Spillage

Default Big Messing without Spillage

** Warning: This thread could have some disturbing details, but it's not supposed to be detailed for the sake of it.*

I've been very fortunate with never having a messing getting out of hand and I was wondering just how much I could get away with and still have it securely in my diaper. Others have mention spillage before and I was wondering why. Does it have to do with the choice of diapers, body size, shape, or consistency? I want to get an idea of the max volume, and wondering how much doubling up will work to improve security.

I also supposed some activities like sitting would be detrimental, but I can't be sure since I've never gone far enough.

Has to do with the fit and rise of the diaper on the waist. A higher rise on the back of the diaper should contain poop. The "blowout" leaks are normally caused by people sitting in a dirty diaper after they've already pooped.

Quote Originally Posted by quartz200420012 View Post
    Has to do with the fit and rise of the diaper on the waist. A higher rise on the back of the diaper should contain poop. The "blowout" leaks are normally caused by people sitting in a dirty diaper after they've already pooped.
    So would it be better to poop while sitting or just avoid sitting straight up altogether?

I've had the problem when I try to act like a baby a little too much. Babies will often crawl and little and then sit on their rear end, then crawl, then sit, then crawl...
    After a good poop and several times sitting, I can leak some.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSun View Post
    ** Warning: This thread could have some disturbing details, but it's not supposed to be detailed for the sake of it.*

I've been very fortunate with never having a messing getting out of hand and I was wondering just how much I could get away with and still have it securely in my diaper. Others have mention spillage before and I was wondering why. Does it have to do with the choice of diapers, body size, shape, or consistency? I want to get an idea of the max volume, and wondering how much doubling up will work to improve security.

I also supposed some activities like sitting would be detrimental, but I can't be sure since I've never gone far enough.
    If its a cheap brand of diaper double up if its a good brand your probably safe

Quote Originally Posted by MrSun View Post
    So would it be better to poop while sitting or just avoid sitting straight up altogether?
    If you have an actual adult diaper with tapes and stuff you can do quite a lot of squishing before anything leaks out. Pull ups are not made for pooping and if you are squeezing into kids pants expect blowouts.

It sound like having the best diapers is 80% of the issue. I do love how my Molicares handle my poopy butt. My previous limit was two large messings before having to change due to peeing.

Does having a good diaper handle the diarrhea/laxative mess? I have zero experience with that.

Yeah you need diapers with leak guards and have a decently wide enough crotch to help containment. Must adult diapers are geared for urinary incontinence, so stay away from the institutional products.

Nessus

I have a good handle on this. I use a Tranquility ATN that seems to have good pocket for a decent poo - certainly enough to satisfy me. I like it when it has sufficient volume to fill out the diaper pocket and gently rub on my bum as I walk. This is pretty much the most you will want to fill it if you want to avoid messy leaks.

I then put on a Klienert's Coated Nylon Diaper Pant to catch any liquid leaks - for me this is the primary form of leak I have to contend with as I tend to mess in the morning as I drink my three cups of coffee and if I keep the same diaper on long enough I will eventually overwhelm it's liquid capacity. This is tricky and messy so I do my best to balance filling my diaper with the desire to keep leaks to a minimum.

Using this technique I can actually sit if I am very careful to make sure I push the contents forward as I sit. This helps reduce the chance of leaks, but eventually I will not sit in a very full diaper unless I am prepared to deal with potential leakage. Sometimes I really just want the experience so I do it, but most of the time I avoid this. If I am really intent on the experience yet do not want to deal with the mess I will wait until I am ready for the shower, remove everything but the diaper and then I will grab a nearly dead changing pad to sit on and roll around for a bit.

I find that the premium diapers like my Abena's are actually not as good for this experience as they do not have the right shape for the pocket. Somehow the ATNs just have a shape that really works for me, so perhaps that is a part of a solution for anyone that has a similar approach to me.

I tend to have 3 to 4 movements in the morning, and on a good morning I can completely fill my diaper to capacity without any major mess. It is definitely a fantastic experience for those so inclined!